šŸŽ‰ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - 13 Days of Holiday Celebrations

Challenge Entry

For my sun salts, I did something different and simple and mixed golden glitter with sea salt. Iā€™m pleased with the results. The newly reborn Dragon God seems to be too. :blush:

On Motherā€™s Night, I drew Platinum, which is the dragon that you can call on when working Chakra Magick and for the Winter Solstice, I drew the Philosopher, which encourages us to start studying whatever it is thatā€™s on our mind.

I ordered myself a set of crystals because I plan to work more Chakra Magick over the winter. I have learned that balancing my Chakras is an important step in passing through The Five Rings.

Have a very blessed Yule! :christmas_tree: :snowflake:

16 Likes

Definition Bast will protect and Isis is great for both.

10 Likes

I firstly, love your entry and your dragon, Wow! He/she is absolutely gorgeous :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Iā€™m still trying to figure out what to do for this challenge :sweat_smile: but Iā€™m gonna make time to read through everyoneā€™s entries so far in a little bit!

10 Likes

Do you work with other Egyptian deities? What would you call on them for?

10 Likes

Challenge Entry : Shine

This year is my first observed Yule. I seem to gravitate towards the kitchen witchy corner so most of my honoring has been with food. Friday I made Winter Solstice Soup with ā€˜Loveā€™ written in sriracha on a bay leaf to invite warmth and Love into our home. I also broke out the glue gun and made a sun catcher from dehydrated oranges & cinnamon to honor spirit, the quarters, & the returning of the sun. Saturday I made a 8pt cinnamon star bread (8 Sabbats/Sun in the middle/Wheel of the Year), almond crescent moon cookies, & banana pudding from scratch to honor my recently passed on Father. Sunday, I had a simmer pot with eucalyptus, orange, star anise, & cinnamon. I also made a holiday walnut povatica along with our holiday dinner (rosemary beef roast, gravy, mashed potatoes, squash casserole, spinach Madeline, & yeast rolls.) & we did presents for our toddler.

16 Likes

Shine :sparkles:
Your treats look delicious :yum:
Can I come over! Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Jeannie

12 Likes

Please! I really donā€™t need to eat all these sweets lol Hubs is being less than helpful

11 Likes

challenge entry
I thought i might end up doing this by listing daily things id been doing or will do for all 13 days but as i planned and worked on things it was less of a defined activity each day rather a mindset and project that buillt on itself and still going.

A time when a shift from the peak of light and sun heads towards a time of growing darkness, its feeling like a sun version of tge moon cycle and this time of the year relates to the waning gibbous stage that might see in moon cycle, except in this case relates to the sun cycle rather than the moon.
Ive been using this time as a check in point to see where i was at and where i wanted to go for the coming year, changes want and need to make and been planning, creating books for areas of focus, adding colours and intent as i go.
Also thinking about the 'waning ā€™ part of yhe sun cycle, Iā€™ve been reflecting on what things i wanted or needed to let go of or clear away in order to achieve the goals that i have found have been on hold because of circumstances.
This is my check in point, my reset post on a path where im checking in to see where i am and where i need to go. I used to hike alot so thinking of being out hiking and following a path comes to mind and when folloeing a trail and markers, it helps you to know if still on right trail or if gone off the path.
So thats been my focus these past days. Ive started yoga each day, even just a lil session, candle, tea and other meditations to practice stopping and centering mysekf throughout the day, i even using the daily prayer blessing to help make a connection and honor my clan each day. While each day may hace specific deities i choose to honor specifically because of the correpondamce or association to that day i didnt want to not make regular connections if a xertain day was always insane and couldnt do much to connect to them and honor them regularly . So this way, i can connect and honor them each day and also it helps remind me im not doing tge day alone, i have them there as well. I can still do specific things on specific days relared to them, includibg spreads to talk to them ( i found a few spreads for each member of clan that related ti them and planned them out during rhe week, along with options to connect to elements, the day intentions etc).

I spent ages trying to figure outva practuce tgat was simple and able to be managed even when life gets crazy. Ive been trying to organise my life n each area to help manage all the craziness and making sure i take time to stop now and then to centre and grouns myself as well.

I had my family celebration for the Christmas ( or for me Litha, even if didnt tell family thats what i was celebrating) on last Friday. I was supposed to catch up with my best friebd and her family christmas day as she heard my family couldnā€™t do anything on Christmas day but they got sick with covid. But i was more sad for them because thats a terrible way to spend christmas day esp when they also invited the neighbour over that plays wuth her little girl that day too. I was glad we had caught up the week before chrustmas because for me i was ok with catching up regardless what day it was. I was more worrued about tgem all spending that period of family and fruends gatherung unable to leave their hones and all being unwell, and whether they had what they needed. . But i think from what ive read, others have had changes to rheir christmas plans and i ferl for anyone whose not heen able to see family n friends during this time or have had disaster hit because of storms and weather for those going through winter right now. For me, i feel lucky, i saw my friend and famuly the week before and my family a few days before christmas day, so jot seeing anyone or having contact with anyone in person for past 4 days not even christmas, i dont feel i can complain. The day itself doesnt matter to me because i had that time to see friends and family prior to that time. But i do feel for those who didnt have that, or that had illness or disaster hit during this period and really hope everyone is ok and safe.
Thinking about the rest of this challenge is strange because while technically christmas is now over and its alnosr new years, i cant help think of those who have had a rough christmas that would be heading towards the end of tge year and into the new year dealing with the outcomes of recent events. I hope that the impact is not too severe and that its stuff that can be recovered from ok. I cant help feel grateful for my circumstances even if they are not great because i know that what im dealing with is not so bad in the grand scheme of things. Im pushing through, and coping ok, i have my moments and while i wont go into things here i know during this time of waning period of the year that though heading into period of growing darkness ( for us in south hemisphere) there is a hope that by releasing all the stuff thats been holding me back, dealing with health n wellbeing issues, work issues and all of that that i will be able to rebuild and grow towards who i need to be and where i need to go. My things dealing with are not intense like dealing with major illness or disasters. But in saying that and not to make light of those that mighy of been through recent disaster or illness ( esp as ive been there in past myself) but i hope that anyone whose had a rough time lately would haabe the support and resources to cope and manage with whatever dealing with so that they too can find hope and light even in a dark time. Time has passed for me since my last major disaster or trauma ( not including illness or severe ongoing pains etc which is more ongoing and less intwnse in one go that a major incident like damage from storms ) so the impact doesnt hit me so much as it might of soon after it happened but i can understand how hard it is right after it has. So i say much of this trying to be sensitive to those who may if just gone through tough times during this period while sharing my care and concern for their wellbeing and safety. I may be at a different point of my journey to others but i havnt forgotten the impact of such things and i guess this entry has turned into a bit of a letting ppl know that whatever sort of christmas or yule/litha period that they are having, good bad or ugly, that your not alone and you have ppl here that care and want to support you.
Sorry if i may of gone off track from my challenge entry here, i guess my entry got me thinking about peoples experiences around this time that i knew of and wanted to show my concern care and support especially fir those who have had it rough this holiday season. I hope your all doing ok and are safe. Im not sure if i was going to write more for the entry but for now seeingbas this is probably a really long post i better leave this here, uts also really late and im afraid if i keep trying to write my exhaustion might cause me to not make sense. I hope everyone is doing ok and statibg safe and that the rest of you week and this yule/litha period goes ok and improves for those who may be having a rough time at the moment. Take care everyone :hibiscus::sunflower::rose::cherry_blossom::blossom::blossom::bouquet::rosette::heartpulse:

11 Likes

So eloquently explained, and the part about the veil and the unseen world, what a lovely read and a beautiful memory of your Dad! Thank you!

10 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™ve got to admit, that part always chokes me up. Glad you liked it!

10 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY This year I took my grandmotherā€™s tradition of a cardinal in the Christmas tree for luck up a notch. I slept on and off the night of the 21st upset that I was unable to coordinate my planned ritual and at like 3AM I got up determined to do something, anything
I wandered around the living room a while and inspiration struck. I took a broken basket handle that I didnā€™t mean to save, wrapped it with twine while saying ā€œOut with the old and the bad to make room for the new and the goodā€ and joined it into what ended up being a teardrop type shape, sprinkling it with Himalayan Sea Salt at various points, finished it with the Cardinal, said the chant one more time, tossed a generous punch of salt on it and hung it on the tree

12 Likes

Amethyst,

It is apparent that no one sees Mrs clause or even acknowledges her! Sheā€™s probably behind the scenes making everything happen.
Santaā€™s helpers like the elves been behind the scenes too!
I just remember when I did believe there was a Santa Clause my Christmas tree was inn an old Victorian house in the Bay Area! My Christmas tree was 12 feet high and let me tell you I stayed up real late waiting for Santa tome down the chimney and eat one Oreo cookie :cookie: I wanted to catch him too! I remember one year thinking Iā€™ll stay up late until I see him!
I can only imagine what behind the veil but there is something Spacial about believing in the unseen world! I believe in fairies and gnomes and all mystical creatures! They are there ā€œwe just canā€™t see themā€ and thatā€™s really great to wonder whatā€™s behind the veil! I really love poetry and art and the fact that there is Santa :mx_claus: I am glad, to have that experience as a child! It was some really good times! Anyway I enjoyed reminiscing with you and reading your post!
Jeannie

12 Likes

WOW. Thatā€™s tall!

Christmas can be the most magical time of year when youā€™re a child. As an adult, itā€™s more difficult. Youā€™re the one that has to clean up the mess! LOL!

I enjoyed hearing about your childhood adventures!

12 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge - 13 Days of Holiday Celebrations ENTRY

I am getting a late start (again), but I hope to finish by the deadline date. I was telling a friend of mine about our weekly challenges, and he made a comment I think I will use as an opening to this weekā€™s challenge.

***" Are you to incorporate Christmas and Magic? Isnā€™t Christmas Magick" Yes, Larry there is a Santa Clause!

With that being said, I am going to incorporate this Weekly Witchy Challenge - 13 Days of Holiday Celebrations by packing up the old baggage and bringing in the new positive, enlightenment, my awaken Ascension, my new Spiritual journey and so onā€¦
This is how I am going to begin: (Spells 8, January 10, 2022)

Blessed Be to all and especially for the extended challenge date.
Medea

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

Every year we spend Christmas and New Years holidays with my husbands family! They are all wonderful and I absolutely love spending our holidays here. Although my husbands sister carries a heavy cloud over her head and can be difficult to be around. This year I brought my travel witchy kit with the intention to provide myself protection from her negativity. It can be a bit much. Starting the eve of the New Moon and everyday after I have set my intention to cleanse and renew family energies. A new beginning for us all. I have created daily spells, lit candles, cleansed the air, used crystals, and herbs. And the energy definitely feels different. I think this will be my yearly cleanse ritual going forward. :heart:

Happy Holidays All!! I hope you are all feeling the magick too the season! :heart::heart::heart:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry - Preparations.
The holiday season has never been a big celebration for our family. My fault, I just never made a big deal of it. (Too many past memories)
But this year something changed.
My mom came to see us and we bonded as a family for the first time in many years. It was also the first time I celebrated Litha.

So for me this is the start of something new and as years pass in the future I am sure I will add more to it.
So the first thing I did after celebrating Litha was a gratitude spellā€¦ I used the spells 8 gratitude spell with a few changes.
First I cleansed and consecrated my altar. Put my black and white altar candles in place. Added my deity candles and offerings.

Gratitude Spell
White candle - consecrated with van van oil and all the things i am grateful for that took place in 2022 engraved into the candle.
Lavender incense
Himalayan pink salt
Rose petals
Rosemary

Set the candle up in the centre of the plate with salt, rose petals and rosemary in a circle around the candleā€¦ Burn the candle all the way down and once complete do a wax reading for any messagesā€¦ In my case there was no wax at allā€¦ Always a good signā€¦

On New Years Eveā€¦ I will be doing a hoodoo door opener spell by Hoodoo Delishā€¦ I love her workā€¦ Only of course I do mine a little differently.

Door opener spellā€¦
Himalayan pink salt
High john the conqueror oil
Orange peel
Yellow Rose Petals
Red Carnations
Bay leaves
Green Candle
White Candle
Orange Candle
Road Opener Oil
Crossroads Dirt
2 keys
Petition

Candles will be dressed in road opener oil and rolled in crossroads dirtā€¦ Once candles are safely standing on the plate each candle gets a few drops of high john root oil.

Salt, bay leaves, flowers and salt will all be placed in a circle around the 3 candles on a plate. 2 keys will be placed at the bottom of the plate.

Petition below the plate.

Say your chants and prayers for the prosperous year ahead and for doors you want to openā€¦

Burn all 3 candles down and do the wax reading to see if there is any further work that needs to be doneā€¦

So this is my own new tradition. Something i have never had. I will also spend the year learning and practisingā€¦ Creating healthy habits and growing spiritualyā€¦
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

I absolutely adore that editorial. I always have!

9 Likes

Aileyā€™s Challenge Entry

I think that this season has a magic all itā€™s own. It is my very favorite time of year because of that! Our family has a lot of traditions that have become important to us. One is smell: I want the house to smell like winter and I always have something goingā€¦ a candle, a simmer pot, a wax melterā€¦ we love pine smells and cinnamon and clove (I have a real obsession with cloves, it reminds me of my grandma). This year, whenever I did a simmer pot, I put intention into it, rather than just the smells. I was super excited because the teenager noticed my simmer pot ingredients and asked if they could go outside and get some pine to add to it. It pulled the whole thing together!

We do a really lovely advent spiral. I started a whole post on it with every intention of updating it weekly, but life happened and I did not. There are 25 candles - you light one each night to watch the return of the light and you add elements each week: week 1 is stones and minerals, week 2 is plants, week 3 is animals, and week 4 is humankind. It is probably the most spiritual thing that I do during the season. I really love adding to it each week and watching it change. I think Iā€™d like to do something similar with an altar space. I have to think on that.

This year, my 8 year old and I read an amazing book called ā€œA Boy Called Christmasā€ by Matt Haig. It was simply magical. Itā€™s the legend of Santa Claus from a whole new perspective and elves, reindeer, sprites, faeries, etc. play a huge part in it all. We really enjoyed it and I canā€™t wait to read it again with my 4 year old when he is a bit bigger. There is a movie adaptation of it with Maggie Smithā€¦ I havenā€™t watched it yet, but I have heard it is very well done. There is also a sequel called ā€œA Girl Called Christmasā€ that I may read as well.

I really love passing down the magic of the season to my kids and I hope one day that they will think back so fondly of the time and pass that same magic on to their kids!

10 Likes

Thank you! I was happy to share it!

8 Likes