📖 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Books, Tomes, and Tales

Hi
My name is Julie and I’m a bookaholic :sweat_smile:
I buy lots of books. I don’t always get time to read but I do flick through and find the interesting parts and of course earmarks page’s.
All my books have post it note sticking out of them for quick reference so I can go back to.
I am also on Kindle and Audible. I mainly use Audible under subscription that way I can download titles each month and listen to them while I drive. I find this the easiest way to read a book.
One of my favorites was “Witchcraft Into the Wild” by Rachel Patterson. It has inspired me to create “an enchanted forest” in my yard.
I live on acreage. I saw this as a huge extension to my herb garden for my apocathary by being able to incorporate trees and shrubs, obviously a very long term project.
Another book I’m currently reading at the moment is “The Lost book of Herbal Remedies, the healing power of plant medicine” by Nicole Apelian Ph.D & Claude Davis. This book is fantastic because I get to use for herbs out of my garden in my apocathary. Ps I am only just learning by the way.
Thank you for the opportunity to share. :pray:

7 Likes

Hiya Julie!
Thank you so much for sharing!
I think I speak on behalf of the entire Spells8 population when I say:
PLEEEEEEEASE can we see the ‘enchanted forest’ you’re creating?! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I will send a pic in 10 years’ time when I’ve created it at the moment it is only a few trees my first tree was a eucalyptus and an ash but I will send a picture of the area I’m putting it in thank you

5 Likes

Haha I got a bit over-excited! This sounds like such a great project :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@julie8, that’s great! That’s my dream some day! Have my own acreage and grow all sorts of herbs for food and medicinal purposes. BTW, and enchanted forest sounds amazing!! What a great project of love.

6 Likes

So many great book recommendations!! I’ve been adding them to my wishlist! And I made my own review in this new topic: The Spiral Dance by Starhawk

Welcome, @julie8!! :wave: Thanks for the book recommendations! I’m also adding my name to the 10-year wait list to visit the enchanted garden!! :rofl:

@Missa I’m so glad my review inspired you to start reading Drawing Down the Moon! I loved how much information it has!

8 Likes

Awesome- so glad you found the ebooks interesting, Katt! :green_book: Let me know what you think of any that you choose to read. And what did you think of Drawing Down the Moon? I hope you enjoy your reading! :blush:

Thank you for joining in the challenge and sharing your favorite books, Julie! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It sounds like they were very inspirational for you- your gardens sound amazing! I am sure in a few years it will be incredible- great things take a long time to build! My mother has spent many years designing lots of fairy gardens in her yard and it always feels like a magickal place to visit :fairy: . I love creative gardening! :sunflower:

5 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED! :exclamation:

Thank you so much to all the book lovers who joined in and swapped stories and tales- it has been a pleasure to read through your recommendations!

A props and presents post will appear in the forums shortly- keep an eye out to recieve your hard-earned prize! :trophy::open_book:

5 Likes

I missed the deadline to post. Whomp-whomp. LOL. Oh well, I’m still going to post anyways, I just hate that I missed it.

2 Likes

No worries at all, @Amethyst! When I was looking back through the posts above I saw that you had mentioned at least 4 different witchy books, their authors, and what you thought about them! :raised_hands: This absolutely covers the challenge requirements so you are included in the Props and Presents post- the book review you posted is a very exciting bonus! :grin::two_hearts: Thanks so much for sharing your love for books! :books:

5 Likes

Thanks, @BryWisteria! I would have hated to miss out totally on this one.

4 Likes

That’s exactly where I’m at too! I’ve loaded my audible and scribd full. Keep going back and forth between them all’ cuz I’ll start to wonder or a thought pops up and I go to find the Answers. It’s like a game of cat and mouse ‘ lol ‘ but with “Witchy-Knowledge” haha

6 Likes

That’s why I love this forum so much, if I start having problems and can’t find my own answers, I can always ask here! :smiley:

5 Likes

The Travel Witch,
I missed the Deadline are we going to do another challenge?
Jeannie

3 Likes

Limeberry,
Thank you, I need all the confidence I could get!
Lol

4 Likes

@Limeberry You always make me smile. So positive. It is no surprise that you found a book that is all about positivity. In so many ways you inspire me. So happy our paths crossed.

5 Likes

You are just the sweetest, @berta! Your posts always put a smile on my face too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

So here is my ‘library’ - and yes “Hi, I am Berta and I am a book addict”

#1 in my list is my first and still favorite reference. ‘Natural Magick’ I just like the gentle way Sally Dubats presents topics. Poor book is getting pretty dog eared. I grouped it with my newest addition to reference books…
#2 Wicca for One by Raymond Buckland. I will not say that Buckland is my favorite author but I like this particular book as a great reference with his 46 pages of organized appendices. I love the tables scattered throughout the book… I am a sucker for tables - neat concise information.

#3 “Sabbats” by Edain McCoy… she gets kind of slammed in reviews but I like her. It is at least a spring board to build on and for me a source of inspiration.

#4 and 5 My favorite Crystal references by Judy Hall. ‘The Crystal Bible’ 1 and 2 These books are beautifully photographed and are wonderful references. It is how I put my medicine wheel together.

#6 Lisa Chamberlain ’ Wicca Candle Magic’ just because I really didn’t have a reference dedicated to the topic.
and

#7 Lisa Chamberlains ‘Wicca Witches’ Planner for 2021’ just came this week. It is my optimistic plan to be more organized in the coming year.

5 Likes

Yes, @Jeannie1! I am working on a new challenge now- it will be posted in the forums within the next couple hours :grin: I hope you like the next theme!

Ohhhh you have a gorgeous collection, @Berta! :star_struck::open_book:

3 Likes

@Francisco I really enjoyed your book review shared by @Missa! It echoed some of the information I watched a video a while ago on witchcraft. Interesting stuff and makes me feel more comfortable to follow my instincts.

4 Likes