šŸ˜Ž Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Casual Casting

What a fantastic challenge! I love this especially because it is a great reminder to me that I donā€™t necessarily HAVE to be formal in every instance and that even if I have only 5-10 minutes, I can still weave magick into my day. Since I started officially in the practice, I have tried formal spells and rituals, but I have found that the magickal can be found in the mundane all of the time. For example, prior to the end of last week, when I officially ended with my super toxic workplace, I used to bring my black obsidian buddha stone with me to work for protection. I also have a sunstone that I wear regularly. Before any meetings that I used to have, I would shut myself in my office and turn on relaxing music and I would meditate and say a protection chant, asking the god and goddess to provide me strength and courage.

I am also a huge believer in Law Of Attraction (LOA) and I weave this into my magickal practices as well. I am currently reading a book called Project 369: The Key to the Universe. I am taking what I am learning in this book and applying it in my ritual and spell work - specifically when I am using visualization or calling on the God and Goddess to assist me in my journey. I also like to use divination in my every day life to assist me in making decisions or helping to keep my courage and strength up. I recently purchased a few new oracle decks, and one of my favorites of those is the Sacred Forest Oracle. I try to use it at least a few times a week to provide me with guidance and insight about what is going on in my life. Usually, I will take 5-10 minutes and go into my spiritual room to do this. I will first use my Tibetan singing bowl to clear my space, my energy, and the energy of my cards. I will then center myself, ground myself, and focus on my intent and my question, asking the spirit for guidance. Usually, I walk away from those readings with such a clear picture and a clear answer about whatever it was that was troubling me prior to doing the reading.

I love the idea of mixing the magickal into the mundane. I think there are so many ways to seamlessly weave the practice into every day life so that it starts to feel more familiar and less like its a ā€œchore.ā€ I know that for me, when I am learning something new, I can get especially overwhelmed and I will give up or just stop focusing on it, but when I can easily include little components into my flow, then it does not feel like its so difficult to learn.

What an amazing challenge! I appreciated this so much because I can now see that although sometimes it feels that I take long ā€œbreaksā€ from practicing my craft, that in reality, I do not. What a great reminder!

I will share here also the book that I am currently reading in case anyone else is interested. Blessed be, everyone. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

This is so cute and pretty. Sounds very relaxing! I may try this out. Great gifts for birthdays etc.

8 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :two_hearts:

I saw that too. I shouldā€™ve said something but I thought it was cool!
You crack me up miss @Garnet :two_hearts: and miss @Amaris_Bane :two_hearts:

Thank you 2 for the HAHA :wink:

11 Likes

At least my spelling mistakes can make people laugh!!

11 Likes

Happy Monday!
For this Challenge, Iā€™m looking back over the week, and I seem to somehow implement a bit of magick every day.
I start every morning with one tarot card. This has become super important to my daily ritual. It keeps me self-aware and contemplative.
I go outside and water my garden babies :tulip::sunflower::wilted_flower: while acknowledging the beauty of Mother Earth.
I pick one piece of jewelry to wear every day, whether itā€™s a little moon/star earrings, a crystal or stone necklace, or a moon necklace, and I always have my moon/star ring with my dogā€™s ashes inside. (I carry her ashes every day in some way)
I saved a large number of wedding flowers that were donated to our Nursing home early in the week and hung them to dry for the next month. Iā€™ll use these for spell jars and sachets and to beautify my altars.
I delivered my sonā€™s witch bells yesterday, and they loved them! Explaining the items and ingredients, I carefully picked to protect them :heart:
I am thankful for something I did this week: Iā€™m getting closer to menopause. Iā€™ve had a couple of glorious months with no cycle ( happy dance under the moon) and then whammy, a hefty 2-week long cycle that finally had me laying down with my hands on my lower belly intently thinking, ā€œEnough now, we canā€™t keep this up, Iā€™m leaving on a trip in 1 weekā€ lol. The following day I pulled my morning tarot card, the Death card. I reached out to my sister, and she said that means your cycle or youth is ending. I was saying, ā€œyes! bring on my crone phase!ā€ By noon that day, my cycle had cut way down and was over within 24 hours. Blessed be! :rofl::joy::rofl:

Have a wonderful week, ladies! :heart:

9 Likes

My entry this week - Casual Casting Challenge entry

8 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge- Casual Casting

Well PJā€™s it is!! My casual casting mainly consists of using my crystals. I almost always have one in my pocket, even in my pajama pockets!
Like a lot of us in the West, I have been doing rain :sun_behind_rain_cloud: chants and trying to call in the rain :cloud_with_rain: when itā€™s near. Oh yeah, I was in my pjā€™s one day last week when I called out to the clouds for rain!
We had a couple of showers a couple of days last week but it wasnā€™t even enough to water the garden :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Maybe I need to add a dance to my chanty little songs!! and some herbs or an herbal spray maybe :thinking:
:cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain:

9 Likes

Well, letā€™s see. I usually research and prepare before My spells but this one was a bit different, I had planned an Off the city few days Little escape and realized very last minute that I could and should take the time with some sort of travel spell. And as soon as the idea popped in my mostly unorganized brain I got to work. :grin: I just intuitively chose the ingredients that Felt right (comfrey, St John Wart, Valerian as Herbs; Clove, Lavender, Lemon, Geranium and Sage Essential Oils and Little pieces of Moonstone, Onyx and Rose Quartz) added a sigil for a safe and happy vacation and booom! My Little Vacation Spell Jar! A bit of a simple chant: Earth and Water/Air and Fire/ Watch over me/ Until I return/ Glitter of the Moon protects me/ Shine of the Sun guides me/ Beautiful vacation and full of peace/ I am happy and protected while
I am away. (Sounds better in my native language :smile:).
Regardless to say the short 4 days get Away was simply amazing. Everything went well and even better than expected, the location was one from fairy tales and I got back home refreshed and relaxed!

Added few pictures that do not even do justice to the great place I have been at.

12 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great work to the Casual Casters! :clap: Thank you so much to everyone who jumped in for some impromptu and informal magick this week. I hope you had fun with it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sunglasses::sparkles:

8 Likes

Hello,
I realized through this group, Spells8, that I was a chaote Gnostic Christian pagan (thatā€™s a mouthful!). There seems to be nothing more natural to me than to attempt to be ā€˜in tuneā€™ with the good, positive entities and environment surrounding us to draw inspiration and remove negativity.
Casual casting is, I believe, the natural component of spiritualism as it embraces instinctive, positive responses and allows a more fluid interplay of benevolence.
Given how negative things have become of late, this might be just the thing needed, regardless of spiritual ideology, to inspire more kindness and understanding because it empowers us as individuals.

8 Likes

Thanks @BryWisteria i really love the little end bit so cute. I am all for casual magick especially since i am still continuing with my work placement. I have managed to collect items for a travel altar and do other little rituals throughout the day but nothing elaborate as at this stage i just have time for showers and food lol. Thank you @Amethyst for the great idea too and thanks @BryWisteria for creating the challenge! :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! I learned so much this week, it was really fun!

6 Likes

Donā€™t mind me catching up on all the amazing challenge entry responses! :wink:

@Amaris_Bane Oh goodness, Iā€™m so sorry about your poor ankle- Iā€™m glad you got Llewellyn on your case and that the pain rub helped! :blush: I hope your ankle is doing much better now :pray::heart:

@Kasandra Rest peacefully, little bird- you are very kind to offer them such a sweet blessing and moment of your time :bird: And youā€™re really thriving with dovahzul! I donā€™t speak it myself, but it seems like from your writing that your ability continues to increase- congrats to you! :sparkles:

@Martje The pleasure is all mine, Martje! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@AileyGrey It sounds like you had a very busy back-to-work, Ailey- thank goodness everyone was okay in the accident! :pray: I really love your coffee mindfulness ritual- that is such a great way to weave a little magick into a busy morning. Great work! :coffee:

@Phoenix_Rose It sounds like playing ball is a big source of energy and happiness for you, Maudot- I think itā€™s wonderful (and very creative too!) that you found ways to draw on your magick while playing. I love the idea of charging your glove, the bat, and even the wind with your intention- thatā€™s a great and fast way to enhance the situation! Well done- I hope you can continue to play and enjoy the sport :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Susurrus Thatā€™s such a great feeling when you pull the card and are like, ā€œah, yes- thatā€™s the one!ā€ :grin: Congrats to you for finding what is working for you and sticking to it- no matter what comes your way, you can overcome it, Siofra! You truly are a Master of your Chaos :heart::clap:

@gardenstone It sounds like you are really honest with yourself and are always open to listening to where your magick wants to go within the moment- I think youā€™ve mastered casual casting, Garden Stone! :raised_hands: Gorgeous altar space, and may your fun and free energy help draw new friends (especially the otters- otters are so cute! :otter:). Wishing you all the best with sewing your tarot pouches! All-around great work! :sparkles:

@Ostara A pounds of Bay Leaves!?! Wow- I can imagine the size of the package, you are blessed with bay, Ostara! :herb: Luckily it is such a versatile herb to use in cooking and spellwork and blessings and more- it sounds like you are already finding creative ways to use your bay leaves :blush: May the wind take away that which no longer serves you- beautiful work, Ostara! :leaves:

@Phoenix_Fire Solar energy and sunflowers sound like lots of bright, happy, spellwork to me- and look at your cute little sprouts! :heart_eyes: May they thrive and grow into big, strong sunflowers :sunflower: :heart:

@Amethyst There certainly is an abundance of fun ideas and creative casual plans- Iā€™m glad youā€™ve been enjoying them too, Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: As always, youā€™ve captured and woven words into such a beautiful chant- what a beautiful gratitude prayer to start the day off right :heart: This is really lovely- thank you so much for sharing it!

@crystal5 Congrats on the rain, Crystal! I can imagine that out there in the desert it is a big cause for celebration. I love your spontaneous ritual to enjoy the moment and appreciate the rain- may the water continue to fall and bless your area! :pray::cloud_with_rain:

@IrisW It seems that Persephone and Hecate heard your call and opened the skies- congrats on your successful rain prayer, Iris! :cloud_with_rain: :blush:

@Jem1 Hooray for holidays- that sounds like fun, Jem! Good for you for drawing on some quick protection and your lovely music magick to bless the trip. I hope you had fun travels! :raised_hands:

@chaitea43 I think youā€™ve got some wonderful casual casting methods- they absolutely count, thank you so much for sharing them! :blush: I used to look for faeries in the woods too- my mother keeps faerie gardens here, and we used to spend hours building little villages for them! Iā€™ve never seen one with my own two eyes either, but judging from the stories of trickster Fae and their love for being naughty, perhaps we should consider ourselves lucky :laughing: :fairy: Catching them on camera, though- that sounds like fun! Good luck! :heart:

@carrie4 You worded this so beautifully, Carrie- it sounds like casual casting and enjoying the magick of the moment are key parts of your practice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I completely agree that there are many benefits and lots to explore about mixing the mundane with the magickal :blush: Iā€™m so glad you enjoyed and resonated with the theme so much- thank you very much for sharing your wisdom! :heart:

@Mistella Iā€™m always in awe of your beautiful pictures- those flowers are stunning :bouquet: And you have so many creative ways that youā€™ve added magick to your daily routine- each and every day is a magickal one for you! :sparkling_heart: It looks like the Death Card came to your rescue- cramps are awful, thank goodness that your cycle came to peaceful end! :raised_hands: Wishing you a wonderful trip- safe travels, Mistella!

@Sarafeena_Sage Crystals and PJs- now that sounds like a comfy way to cast! :smile: I hope the rain hears your call and returns again soon- cā€™mon rain! :cloud_with_rain: :sparkles::blush:

@Anjelique Congrats to you for jumping into the moment and whipping up a beautiful spell to suit the occasion- I love the sound of your Little Vacation Spell Jar! :jar::sparkles: The pictures are gorgeous- Iā€™m glad you had a fun getaway and enjoyed yourself on your vacation. It does look like a piece of paradise- especially with that rainbow! :rainbow::star_struck:

@Wysteria_Norn You had posted your entry just as I was typing up the Props and Presents post- since you beat me to posting it, I added it in! Thanks so much for sharing your entry :heart::blush: Iā€™m so glad youā€™ve been able to discover and embrace more of yourself and your Craft, Wysteria- congrats to you! It sounds like you have truly explore casual casting and made it a beloved part of your practice :mage:

@TheMuslimWitch Awww thank you! :heart: Iā€™m glad you liked the chant and also that youā€™ve been finding fun ways to incorporate magick into your time at your work placement. I hope it is all going well and that youā€™re enjoying it! :blush:

For anyone who hasnā€™t already seen it, the Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent out to everyone who shared an entry :trophy:

Thanks again to everyone who jumped in and wasnā€™t afraid to set aside ceremony to embrace the magick of the moment- great work and congrats to the Casual Casters! :partying_face: :sparkles:

13 Likes

Zuā€™u uft, toā€¦ zuā€™u vodahmaan osos rotte. :grimacing: Nuz daar lunduv fod mind aanvorey tinvok. :laughing: I try, though Iā€™m forgetting some words. But thatā€™s natural when youā€™re learning another language.

8 Likes

Thank you, love! And thank you for putting my idea into a challenge!

6 Likes

Hey everyone! I am so glad this challenge is on as I have 3 incredible things to share that happened this week!!

• a friend of mine was trying to sell an old and broken van. One day while driving I thought: now I am going to put a spell on it to make her sell it faster. The day after she texted me it was sold!

• I was on stage about to perform live with my partner but he couldnā€™t sink one piece of equipment to the mixer and we were 15min late. I had my 2 friends witches next to me and told them: letā€™s do some magic to make it work and we waved our hands at it. My partner turned towards us (totally unaware) and said: ā€˜Got it, itā€™s working nowā€™ :joy:

• also few days ago my partner and I had a problem with the coffee machine not extracting coffee properly (we own a little coffee truck for living) and customers were waiting. He was doing his best to adjust the settings then I waved at it to make it work, he turned at me and sai ā€˜itā€™s working nowā€™ :astonished:

• last thing, it also happened to think about 4 ppl I havenā€™t heard in a while and they all got in touch afterwards!! (Not sure if this one counts though :joy:

Amazing! I will keep practicing and do more casual magic :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

@Kasandra I completely agree! Forgetting a few words here and there (or switching up conversions- my forever downfall with Polish lol) is just a natural part of language learning :grinning: Youā€™re really on a roll with it, Kasandra! :tada:

@Amethyst The pleasure is all mine, Amethyst! :people_hugging: :heart:

@WitchOfTheForest Your casual magick shines brightly, Elisa- it sounds like you have a real knack for it! :star_struck: I think you have a specialty for getting things to work even while under pressure or at the last possible moment- that is some very useful magick! :sparkles::+1: Although the badge-giving period of the challenge has closed, thank you very much for taking the time to share your casual magick- it was awesome to hear about! I hope you continue to enjoy and thrive with your informal casting :sparkling_heart: Thanks again and blessed be!

6 Likes

Oh no :sob::sob: I though I was still on time. Been meaning to post earlier but got caught up with work!
Thanks anyway :pray:t3::heart::blush:

6 Likes

No worries- goodness knows the days have been flying by lately! I keep asking where is the summer going!? :laughing:

The next Catch-Up Challenge is just a few weeks away- during the Catch Up, this (and all past challenges!) will be open once again! So if youā€™re drawn to this theme, please know you are warmly invited to join in then :heart::blush:

Blessed be, and thanks again for sharing! :sparkles:

6 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.