🕓 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE ~ Catch-Up!

You welcome! Amethyst is my favorite crystal, but it’s also my birthstone. Maybe that’s why it’s my favorite crystal. Lol! :people_hugging:

12 Likes

It’s one of my favorites too! :purple_heart: I love all of it’s correspondences, along with crystal quartz’s and rose quartz’s also :white_heart:🩷

11 Likes

Symbols & Sigils - Wielder of Symbols
Here’s my first entry for the week, hoping to get three done as I prep for Imbolc.

I have been wanting to try a new (to me) medium for symbol/sigil spell work for a couple of months within sigils as part of my manicure. I have a wand but using it has never felt right, so I always just direct energy with my hands and fingers. A few months ago someone in one of my nail groups (I have a small polish problem) asked about charging polishes for spell work and that led to a whole discussion of magickal nail art. I am not adept at painting nail art, but a brilliant lady mentioned she inscribed her nails with a sharpie (on top of the page coat), and then painted over them.

I have been thinking about this since Thanksgiving and this challenge motivated me to try it.
I charged my polishes and sharpie on my altar and then focused on the meaning of sigils that connect to Imbolc for me (Kenaz, triskelion, cauldron, pentagram, rebirth spiral, Berkano, wheel, triple goddess, Inguz, and fire) while I inscribed them on my nails. I then built up layers of different polishes for an amethyst effect (which is also one of my Imbolc connections).

So now I get to go through the week with my fingers super energized for my planned celebrations.

18 Likes

Your nails are awesome!

12 Likes

Thank you!

11 Likes

I forget to add this to my magickal name challenge entry! Here’s what my magickal name means…

15 Likes

Catch up #2 Blessed bessoms

I made this broom a few weeks ago and I have been using it and several tiny hand brooms( which i did not make ) to physically cleanse my space and I cast a spell with it tonight.

16 Likes

I l8ve all the different colors! :blush::purple_heart::heart:

12 Likes

Catch up #3 Luck magic
I made these Bridgit crosses for protection and luck for my home

and office. I will hang them on Thursday on Imbolc

17 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:thank you

14 Likes

Your nails look amazing @Litha and it’s a wonderful idea to charge your nail polish :nail_care: You can charge anything that you like :sparkles: Purple is my favorite color for all that it symbolizes :purple_heart: and your nails look GORGEOUS :heart_eyes: I completely understand what you mean about the wand “not feeling right”. I had a wand :wand_tarot: before with the same. I use my hands to direct my energy and I love this idea! Blessed Be! :consecrate_spell:

14 Likes

Love all the colors!!!

13 Likes

Beautiful imagery!

Way too much fun! I like how you translated basic ingredients to witchy wonder!

14 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to add a note with this one…

This has worked for me. But it also means that some of my hairbrushes just don’t cut it anymore. :grimacing: The ones with soft plastic bristles don’t reach my scalp well because my hair is much thicker. Boar bristle style and similar brushes are great now, though, when before, I had to be really careful using them.

I know it’s one of those things that sounds like a fake downside or humblebrag (sorry), but I imagine it would also change how one can style their hair and whatnot. I’m not sure. I don’t style my hair beyond brushing it. Lazy! :laughing:

But thought it might be worth mentioning that change doesn’t come without some consequence. :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

3…2…1… that’s a wrap! This challenge has now ended and all previous challenges have closed once again (until the next Catch-Up Challenge!)

A big bravo to all of the witchy challengers this week! :clap: No matter which area(s) of magick you explored and put on display for your Coven this week, thank you so much to everyone who jumped in to partake in the 180th challenge :tada:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :clock4: :sparkles:

12 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

Award Post for the Catch-Up Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

9 Likes

Thank you. I wasn’t sure where to get some grass for brigids cross so I visted my friend who taught me how to make the broom. So the crosses are made from the same broom corn that I made my broom from. It is the tiny pieces that you can’t really make brooms from anymore. She hand dyed the broom corn. I just soaked it and bent it.

12 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit Activities to find and join the current challenge :trophy: (And if you’d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)