šŸƒā€ā™€ļø Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

A very warm welcome to all!

Well done once again the those who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magick in the Arts :art:

After being bedazzled by the amazing talents of the coven family, it is time to roll up our sleeves once and jump into another pursuit of your choosing.

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge isā€¦

:spiral_calendar: :raised_hand: Challenge Catch-Up! :raised_back_of_hand: :bookmark:

To celebrate our 35th Weekly Challenge something special is happeningā€¦

Was there a busy week where you missed a challenge? Did an interesting theme happen before you joined the forums? Maybe there was a topic you were hesitant to try but now feel ready for.

Well- now is your chance!

This week is Catch-Up Week where all previously closed challenges will be re-opened for a short time!

Are you ready? Itā€™s a blast from the past!

Hereā€™s how to participate:

STEP 1: Choose a Previous Challenge :mag_right:

From earth-friendly magick, dreaming, gathering blessings, and more- there are over 30 previous challenges to choose from.

The previous challenges and the titles they granted are listed below. For details about each challenge including rules, guidelines and inspiration click the link to visit that challenge page.

Note that the threads for the old challenges will remain locked- please share your comments and entries here or in a new post!

:running_woman: Catch-Up Challenge Number III
:art: Magick in the Arts - Art Witch
:star: Star Magick - Shining Bright
:footprints: Your Magickal Roots - Peritus viatorem
:small_blue_diamond: Elemental Mastery - Master of All Elements
:mountain: Of the Element Earth - Earth Elemental
:fire: Of the Element Fire - Fire Elemental
:seedling: From Seed to Sprout - CeiliĆŗradh an tsĆ©asĆŗir
:wind_face: Of the Element Air - Air Elemental
:ocean: Of the Element Water - Water Elemental
:alarm_clock: Catch-Up Challenge Number II
:scroll: Of Goals and Intent - Finis patrator
:partying_face: Holiday Cheer - Merrily Magickal
:new_moon: Magick in the Dark - Tenebris Lucem
:yarn: Of Spells and String - Weavemaster
:bathtub: Scrub-a-dub, Magick in the Tub - Bubbly Witch
:gem: Heed the Call of Crystals - Crystal Collector
:hocho: Creative Crafting - Creatively Crafty
:candle: Of Candles and Flame - Witch of the Flame
:skull: The Veil Between Worlds - Witch of the Veil
:spiral_calendar: Catch-Up Challenge Number I
:honeybee: The Spell-ing Bee - Spell Master
:crystal_ball: Foretelling the Future - Seer Apprentice
:alembic: Potion Making - Potion Master
:open_book: Books, Tomes, and Tales - Book Lover
:sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
:ear_of_rice: Inviting Abundance - Blessed by Abundance
:full_moon: Moon Magick - Moon Witch
:pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch
:cupcake: Kitchen Witchery - Kitchen Witch
:sleeping: Dream Magick - Oneiric Witch
:dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft - Earth Witch
:money_with_wings: The Thrifty Witch - Thrifty Witch
:compass: Celestial Exploration - Cosmic Witch
:star2: Trying Something New - Experimenter

[Links taken from the helpful list in Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History]

How many challenges can I do this week?

If you are feeling particularly adventurous this week, you may decide to do up to two challenges to collect those titles.

This limit is just to save your challenge moderator from a potential ocean of badge-giving (:bowing_woman:) - but no worries! Another chance to join in on any missed challenges will come again soon :+1:

Not sure which challenges you participated in?

No worries! If you canā€™t remember if you joined a challenge, you can check that challengeā€™s Props and Presents page in the Activities Category to view everyone those who completed the challenge.

Or, you can go to your Badges page to see a collection of all the titles you previously earned.

Here is how to check:

1. Click on your avatar/picture icon at the top right-hand side of any page in the forum.
  2. Click on the person icon and select ā€œSummaryā€.
  3. Next, click on ā€œBadgesā€

Here you can see all the badges you have earned during your time exploring the forums!

STEP 2: Share Your Entry to the Challenge :writing_hand:

To participate in this challenge, you must share your entry!

After you have chosen an old challenge, completed your task, and are ready to share- please post your entry in one of two ways:

• :green_circle: Here in the comments below
  • :green_circle: In a new thread in the forums. Please use a hyperlink back to this thread, linking your entry to the challenge!
  • :no_entry_sign: Please do not post your entry in the comments of the old challenge

Also: please donā€™t forget to include the name of the challenge you are entering in somewhere in your post as well!

Your friendly challenge-monitoring mod thanks you very much! :hugs:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

2021-03-23T06:00:00Z CET (Central European Time)

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the badge(s) associated with the challenge(s) they completed.! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that these activities are designed to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

The clock has stopped so the door of missed opportunities can open once again- spread your wings and donā€™t be afraid to delve into a new aspect of magick!

Blessed be! :heart::running_woman:

9 Likes

Yay! Catch up time. I missed one, Iā€™m glad to have the re-do.

7 Likes

I know that there is more than 1 that I have to catch up on, but Iā€™m going to start with the most recent one that I missed. I think that was Elemental Mastery, I remember doing all four elements & then for some reasonā€¦ didnā€™t do the challenge using all of the elements. So I will come up with something for thatā€¦ thank you so much.

5 Likes

Yes! Time to catch up on at least one of the challenges I missed!

5 Likes

I would like to make an entry into the thrifty witch challenge! I really gel with this challenge as Iā€™m really all about saving a dime!
Iā€™ve incorporated my grandmas china into my craft. Altar plates are beautiful antique historical pieces and Iā€™ve even taken vintage ornate salt and pepper shakers to use for dusting of ritual powders (on self or altar)

This allows me to feel more in touch with the divine female energy and with my ancestors.
Itā€™s also an awesome way to save a dime!
And so mote it shall be :black_heart:

8 Likes

Hmm, I missed the air and water elemental challenge. I could do one or both to complete the elemental challenges.
Or maybe I could the Foretelling the Future since Iā€™ve taken an interest in tarot. :thinking:
Itā€™s a little hard to decide! :laughing:

5 Likes

I chose the celestial witch challenge. And I decided to decorate an altar.

8 Likes

@christina4 that is a great altar! I love the moon, star, & cloud set. They are adorable!

4 Likes

I see that Iā€™ve got quite a bit :). Thatā€™s okay as I love the challenge!

4 Likes

What a lovely idea @AliceInWonderdab! And itā€™s better than just sitting on the shelf or in a box somewhere, gathering dust.

Very nice @christina4! I especially like that moon/star/cloud thing youā€™ve got going on. Very cute!

5 Likes

@AliceInWonderdab Those are great pieces & thrifty! I do the same I try to use what I have or can make. I have been gifted items too!

@Kasandra oooā€¦ tough choices there! I thoroughly enjoyed the elementals, but the foretelling challenge was fun too! I canā€™t wait to see what you choose!

5 Likes

@AliceInWonderdab Gorgeous idea!
I like the S&P idea as well :wink:
Thrifty is :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see your entries, @Amethyst, @MeganB, and @ana6! Good luck :blush:

Youā€™re very welcome @Susurrus- Iā€™m looking forward to seeing your elemental magick :sparkling_heart:

Beautiful, @AliceInWonderdab - I love how you choose things that have such deep meaning for you (and were free to acquire!). You a very resourceful thrifty witch! :blush:

No worries at all, @Kasandra! Life does have a habit of keeping us busy, so every ten challenges is another Catch-Up to give everyone a chance at any challenges they missed :grin:. I canā€™t wait to see what you choose to do! :sparkles:

Lovely altar @Christina4! Your array of crystals is stunning, and I love the star smiling down on the arrangement :star2: Well done!

4 Likes

I know what I did for the elements when the challenges were for each one, so Iā€™m trying to think of how to incorporate those challenges into the elemental mastery. I may have to go in a different direction from the signs. Iā€™m hoping that I figure something out with them though. Iā€™m still having somewhat of a creative block this week. I think itā€™s just busy & I have so much else going on. It will come to me!

4 Likes

Youā€™ll come up with something good. I have faith in you!

4 Likes

:warning: Disclaimer / trigger warning: This post contains content about death. I will blur the portions with this content, but please feel free to skip reading this post if it will make you uncomfortable. :warning:

I hope everyoneā€™s having a terrific Thursday! This will be my first Weekly Witchy Challenge, so Iā€™m glad this weekā€™s theme is a catch-up! :star_struck:

There are so many of the previous challenges that I want to do (read: I want to do all of them)! However, Iā€™m going to choose two because I came up with a way to weave them together into one ā€œmaster work,ā€ for lack of a better term.

The first challenge I want to explore is the ā€œVeil Between Worldsā€ challenge. I will be combining this with the ā€œKitchen Witcheryā€ challenge.

First and foremost, I have always been obsessed with cooking, and I collect cookbooks ā€“ Iā€™ve lost count of how many I have, but Iā€™d say a conservative estimate would be that I have at least 50. I have always used cooking and baking to share my love that I have for my family and friends, even before I was aware of the concept of kitchen witchery and putting intent into recipes. Naturally, this is a great first challenge for me to start getting more involved with this amazing community! :heart_eyes_cat:

I chose ā€œThe Veil Between Worldsā€ as a second challenge that I want to explore. Ever since I was little, Iā€™ve been very sensitive to different energies, and have had several ā€œghostā€ encounters. A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to explore this further, so I picked up a copy of Bucklandā€™s Book of Spirit Communication, and it insprired me to delve even deeper. Since I made that decision to really hit the ground running and explore connecting with the ā€œSpirit realmā€ (for lack of better words), I have been even more sensitive to the presence of other energies.

One of the most moving (?) experiences was the other day during one of my meditations. I suddenly felt this shift in energy and the name Genevieve popped into my head. I got the impression that this Genevieve was somehow related to me through my dadā€™s side of the family. After my meditation, I asked my mom whether there were any Genevieves on Dadā€™s side of the family, and she siad that there was, but that she couldnā€™t remember what her relation was to my dad.

Needless to say, that had me hooked.

My goal for this week is to dive deeper into both kitchen witchery and spirit contact. I plan on doing this to connect to the three parts of my family: my paternal side, my momā€™s biological family, and my momā€™s adopted family. Food, to me, is a way of passing down love, memories, and rememberance of generations past.

Several years ago, my paternal grandma was murdered by her doctor. (I wonā€™t go into details, but if youā€™re curious, look up news stories about Dr. Husel in Columbus, OH.) I feel like I havenā€™t really had any true closure regarding her death. I feel that my mourning process isnā€™t complete, and Iā€™m looking for ways to get through the rest of the process.

At the expense of rambling further, TLDR: Iā€™m going to pull recipes from my family recipe collections and use them as a method of attempting to connect with my family members who have passed, as well as my ancestors in general. During this challenge, I am going to learn about the magickal propertis of the various ingredients I am cooking with, really put my energies into my cooking, and use cooking to help facilitate contact with those who have passed.

I look forward to seeing what yā€™all are doing, learning, and experiencing during this weekā€™s witchy challenge! :star_struck:

6 Likes

This is an example of the salt shaker I just love this

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry that you havenā€™t gotten over the passing of your loved one! I can relate. I canā€™t get closure of the loss of my grandparents. They died so close together and I was pregnant and I was double emotionAl. But if you need to talk, Iā€™m here, Iā€™m going through the same thing.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the offer ā€“ Iā€™m here if you need someone to talk/vent to also :heart:

5 Likes

I appreciate that!! :v::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes