šŸ² Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Dragon Magick

Warm greetings to all!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - A Healthy Dose of Stones and Crystals :prayer_beads:

With the healing energies of wholesome crystals on our side, itā€™s time to turn to another bright and dazzling magickal force :fire:

The credit of the idea for this weekā€™s theme goes to the wonderful @Kasandra and isā€¦

:dragon: :fire: Dragon Magick :sparkles::sun:

Dragons are creatures of epic tales and impressive magick- they are symbols of both inspiration and power :muscle: . Depicted in legends and stories both fantastical and historical, dragons bring awe, fear, and reverence whenever they appear.

A particularly interesting creature and symbol, dragons haunt historians due to the fact that nearly every culture throughout history depicted dragons in some way, shape, or form.

This week, we will explore how dragons and dragon-related magick can empower your magickal practice :dragon:

Are you ready?

Itā€™sā€¦ CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

:exclamation: A note that while some choose to practice Draconic Magick exclusively, please know that you do not have to identify as a Draconic practitioner in order to cast magick that involves, relates to, or is inspired by dragons :dragon_face:

PART 1 : Dragon Magick :dragon:

Dragons open the door to many possibilities- whether you choose to work with Draconic deities or pursue magick inspired by the might of dragons, here are just a few suggestions to help you get started!

:dragon_face: Dragon Deities

As a creature and symbol that knows no borders, dragons have been revered, worshiped, and feared around the world. Feel free to explore to see if there are any that call to you:

ā†’ Dragon Gods and Goddesses

ā†’ Legendary Dragons From Around the World

Not sure how to begin working with a deity? Feel free to visit Introduction to Deity Work to get some tips :+1:

:person_in_lotus_position: Dragon Meditations

Consider meeting your dragon guardian or channel dragon magick through the power of guided meditations:

:fire: Fire and Fury

As one of the main symbols of dragons, consider letting your fire magick burn brightly for this challenge!

Fire Elemental Invocation
Fire-Invocation-Pagan-Chant-Prayer-750x500

Red Candles for Fire Energy
Red-Candle-Spells-Magic-360x240

Fire Spell to Burn Through Obstacles
Spell-to-Burn-Away-Obstacles-Forum

:rosette: Elemental Dragon Magick

While fire is often the first element that comes to mind, dragons can also be creatures of the other elements as well. Feel free to explore Elemental Magick as it relates to your vision of dragon magick

ā†’ Elemental Magick Tips

:fire: :mountain: :ocean: :wind_face:

:sparkles: Dragon Spells and Rituals

There are plenty of Dragon spells and rituals out there for you to explore! Here are just a few:

ā†’ Dragonā€™s Blood Incense

Dragon Ritual Invocation Chant
Dragon-Invocation-Ritual-Prayer-Chant

Oolong Tea: Dragon Flame Meditation
Oolong-Tea-Dragon-Flame-Meditation-360x240

If you canā€™t find that perfect spell that uses Dragon Magick, why not make your own spell? Check out My Spellwriting Process for some tips!

:raised_hands: ā€¦ And More!

This challenge is designed to be open to personal interpretation, so you can fit this theme in with your unique magickal practice.

Feel free to let your creativity roar ! :dragon_face: :laughing:

PART 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you have to share your experience with the forum.

Please share:

• About your experience exploring Dragon Magick

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, June 29th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-06-29T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

May the might of the dragon fill you with strength, granting you the flame of inspiration, passion, and energy

Blessed be! :dragon_face: :heart:

19 Likes

As I may not get much opportunity to do anything else for this challenge as Iā€™m off on holiday on Friday, this morning Iā€™ve lit a Lavender incense cone in my Dragon burner in the hopes it ill make me calmer in my holiday prep. Iā€™ve also popped a cute little Dragon figure Iā€™ve had for years on the other end of my altar. Not sure where I got it, possibly a fair or carboot sale.

Hoping I may find something Dragon related in The Wonky Broomstick in Glastonbury on Saturday. If so, Iā€™ll post a picture :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Hmm :thinking: Iā€™ll have to put on the old thinking cap for this!! :laughing: Itā€™ll be fun!!

13 Likes

Iā€™m with @christina4, definitely going to have to think about this one. I did just get some Dragonā€™s Blood incense though. Iā€™m sure I can come up with something to do about this. Iā€™ll have to see what I can find. I have never worked with Dragons before! :dragon:

13 Likes

Yay! :grin: This is the most excited Iā€™ve ever been for a challenge! :dragon:
Iā€™ve been thinking about what I can do since I pitched the idea to @BryWisteria.

Iā€™ve decided to write and cast my own Draconic reincarnation spell. At the beginning of June, one of the dragons I drew for the month was the Soul Guardian.

In short, he is you and you are he. That is, he knows all there is to know about your soul. If he appears in your drawing, he is saying now is the time to delve deep into your soul, to discover any fears, doubts, and regrets that may be hidden, whether theyā€™re from this life or a past life.

My mom is a firm believer in reincarnation, but Iā€™ve always been a skeptic about it (not everyone was Cleopatra or Marilyn Monroe :laughing:) and just because you are interested in a particular culture or era doesnā€™t necessarily mean you lived back then.

However, Iā€™m opening to learning and discovering new things about myself and the Universe.

Letā€™s see what the dragons can help me uncover! :dragon:

17 Likes

Oohhh I love dragons!

12 Likes

Too bad I canā€™t pray to the great Golden Mother Ramoth or something. LOL. Iā€™ll have to do some research. This looks like fun!

11 Likes

Iā€™m Loving this !!! It reminds me of something my mom told me when I was real little. I was learning about Dinosaurs at schoolā€™ and I just loved themā€™ lol. So I was asking my mom what her favorite dinosaurs were and she straight up said to me
(No Lie) and I quote ā€œ Donā€™t let them lie to youā€™ and when you see those Pictures that they draw cuz they think they know what they would look likeā€™ just imagine them with wings, cuz they are not dinosaurs they were Dragons :dragon: ā€œ and Iā€™m sure at the time she was just getting my imagination going cuz I was all about thatā€™ lol ā€¦ā€¦ but now that Iā€™m older it makes me think like ā€˜hmmmmm maybe she was rightā€™ lol

12 Likes

Cool challenge. As an Earth Dragon myself, Chinese zodiac :grin:, I find this challenge interesting and unique. For me, Dragons are raw, celestial energy. I am looking forward to work and connect myself with this amazing creature. A little fact about the Dragon in Chinese zodiac, it is the fifth animal in the Chinese zodiac and it is the only mythical animal. Dragons are associated with strength, harmony, and good luck. Dragons are placed above doors or on the top of roofs to banish demons and evil spirits. People with Dragon personality are magnetic, persuasive and capable of great success or spectacular failure. On the bad side, they are renowned for not finishing what they start. Based on my common knowledge, dragons are unpredictable and daring. I havenā€™t felt Dragon energy yet, but I would like to know more about. Thank you for this weekly challenge.

13 Likes

I have never worked with dragons before but I will definitely go for the challenge :thinking: not sure what I will be doing yetā€¦ but I will think of something.

14 Likes

To Call a Dragon

Rain drops on roses & whiskers on kittens,

bright yellow petals & warm woolen mittens.

Now letā€™s sing of magic & midnight.

Dragons in flight & Wings shining bright.

What is a dragon, letā€™s think about that.

As a kid, I thought that was old hat.

Iā€™d heard lots of stories, the good and the bad.

And many, many legends, both happy and sad.

Is it red and angry guarding its gold?

Or mean and spiteful because itā€™s so old?

Is the dragon a fierce creature guarding a princess?

In a tall castle, awaiting a prince, but getting much less.

How would it be if I made up a spell?

Calling the dragons from wherever they dwell.

Making a circle to keep out the badā€™

Taking a deep breath, I throw away my sad

But it may be too big for just me to handle

I could pray at my altar, maybe light candle.

One for each element, green, red, blue White.

Light them at the stroke of midnight.

ā€œI ask you sweet dragon could you come to me now?

Iā€™m coaxing you kindly I hope this is how.

Please come to me and be my guide

And you and I can fly the world wide.

I donā€™t want to own you, thatā€™s not why I call

I need a friend, a companion & pray I do well

Honest, kind, sensitive & wise, I can tell

With your help we could do ever so well.

Healing and sending strength & endurance

This is my goal & my reassurance.ā€

Thank you for listening to my simple plea

It would be grand if you could do that for me.

Looking again at quiet dark sky, & stars

Feeling the breeze as it whispers to me

I blow the candles & open the circle

Itā€™s OK Mr. Dragon, maybe tomorrow

Your friend Garnet

I set up a travel altar in my back yard. Cast a circle, lit the candles & spoke my spell. It was a lovely night, very clear & the sky was a live with stars. I meditated & spoke my spell again.
After thanking the dragons and the elements, I snuffed the candles & cleared the altar. I watched the sky for a while. No dragon but a lovely experience.
Being new to dragon Magick, I didnā€™t know what to expect. If it worked, a European dragon would appear. If it didnā€™t, nothing.
What I found wasnā€™t a dragon but a profound sense of peace.
I think Iā€™ll cast this spell on a full moon. It couldnā€™t hurt.
Thanks for the challenge and letting me enter it.

16 Likes

The dragons look right at home on your beautiful altar, @IrisW! :blush: I see the dragon statue and the incense burner (with the smoke coming out its mouth- itā€™s perfect! :heart_eyes:) and is that a dragon on the pedestal/holder as well? Hope you have a wonderful vacation- enjoy the holiday! :heart:

A Draconic Reincarnation spell sounds amazing- I canā€™t wait to see it, @Kasandra! :dragon_face: :star_struck: Good for you for keeping an open mind and exploring different beliefs to find one that rings true for you- may your work on this Draconic spell be enlightening and enjoyable! :blush:

Be it Ramoth, the Great Smaug, Saphira, Falkor, or others- there are no limits on which dragon you choose to honor or draw inspiration from, @Amethyst! :heart::raised_hands: Go wild with dragons to your heartā€™s content! :laughing:

Youā€™re very welcome, @fabian- thank you for sharing about dragons in the Chinese Zodiac and about the Dragon Personality! It sounds like you have a natural connection with Draconic energy :dragon_face: :sparkles:

That is such a beautiful poem on dragons, @Garnet- you have a talent for delightful rhymes and rhythms! :notes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing!

14 Likes

What a fun idea that the dinosaurs were dragons, @steph- your mother raised a good debate! :grin::+1: Itā€™s true that our perceptions of them continue to change (thereā€™s an article here: Dinosaurs: how our understanding of what they looked like keeps changing) as science develops and they uncover more and more about the past.

When looking at the skull of a Dracorex hogwartsia (yes thatā€™s the real name :laughing:) it does look like a dragon!

5098486930_bd3a936238_z
[Pic from Chasmosaurs: The Dragon King Dracorex hogwartsia]

And there are certainly creatures that still live today that look like dragons- Bearded Dragons, of course, but even things like Glaucus Atlanticus :dragon_face: It seems like your mother could be on to something, Steph! :grin:

16 Likes

Iā€™d forgotten about the dragon on my oil burner! When you light the candle the clear marble in his hands lights up. Iā€™ll take a photo later.

13 Likes

Hereā€™s the chap lit up

16 Likes

Thatā€™s beautiful @Garnet :rose::heartpulse:

10 Likes

I love it! Itā€™s actually adorable!!!

10 Likes

That kind of looks like a Thestral from Harry Potter! :open_mouth:
@IrisW Thatā€™s a cute oil burner!
@Garnet A lovely call to dragons! If you had a profound sense of peace, Iā€™d say you did find a dragon, possibly the dragon Peace from Caroline Mitchellā€™s dragon Oracle deck. Dragons can not only give you fiery strength and passion, but peace as well. :peace_symbol:

9 Likes

Ahhhh!!! Heā€™s got himself a magickal glowing orb- thatā€™s adorable! :heart_eyes: You found yourself the perfect oil burner for your altar, @IrisW- whoever designed it was a genius! :sparkles::fire:

Youā€™re right @Kasandra- I didnā€™t see it until you pointed it out, but it does look a lot like a Thestral :astonished: :+1: It seems like itā€™s quite likely that Dracorex hogwartsia gave some inspiration for the Harry Potter books :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :open_book:

4 Likes

Another one of those things Iā€™ve had since I was a teenager and no idea where I found it! Likely a charity shop :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes