šŸ² Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Dragon Magick

Iā€™m Loving this !!! It reminds me of something my mom told me when I was real little. I was learning about Dinosaurs at schoolā€™ and I just loved themā€™ lol. So I was asking my mom what her favorite dinosaurs were and she straight up said to me
(No Lie) and I quote ā€œ Donā€™t let them lie to youā€™ and when you see those Pictures that they draw cuz they think they know what they would look likeā€™ just imagine them with wings, cuz they are not dinosaurs they were Dragons :dragon: ā€œ and Iā€™m sure at the time she was just getting my imagination going cuz I was all about thatā€™ lol ā€¦ā€¦ but now that Iā€™m older it makes me think like ā€˜hmmmmm maybe she was rightā€™ lol

12 Likes

Cool challenge. As an Earth Dragon myself, Chinese zodiac :grin:, I find this challenge interesting and unique. For me, Dragons are raw, celestial energy. I am looking forward to work and connect myself with this amazing creature. A little fact about the Dragon in Chinese zodiac, it is the fifth animal in the Chinese zodiac and it is the only mythical animal. Dragons are associated with strength, harmony, and good luck. Dragons are placed above doors or on the top of roofs to banish demons and evil spirits. People with Dragon personality are magnetic, persuasive and capable of great success or spectacular failure. On the bad side, they are renowned for not finishing what they start. Based on my common knowledge, dragons are unpredictable and daring. I havenā€™t felt Dragon energy yet, but I would like to know more about. Thank you for this weekly challenge.

13 Likes

I have never worked with dragons before but I will definitely go for the challenge :thinking: not sure what I will be doing yetā€¦ but I will think of something.

14 Likes

To Call a Dragon

Rain drops on roses & whiskers on kittens,

bright yellow petals & warm woolen mittens.

Now letā€™s sing of magic & midnight.

Dragons in flight & Wings shining bright.

What is a dragon, letā€™s think about that.

As a kid, I thought that was old hat.

Iā€™d heard lots of stories, the good and the bad.

And many, many legends, both happy and sad.

Is it red and angry guarding its gold?

Or mean and spiteful because itā€™s so old?

Is the dragon a fierce creature guarding a princess?

In a tall castle, awaiting a prince, but getting much less.

How would it be if I made up a spell?

Calling the dragons from wherever they dwell.

Making a circle to keep out the badā€™

Taking a deep breath, I throw away my sad

But it may be too big for just me to handle

I could pray at my altar, maybe light candle.

One for each element, green, red, blue White.

Light them at the stroke of midnight.

ā€œI ask you sweet dragon could you come to me now?

Iā€™m coaxing you kindly I hope this is how.

Please come to me and be my guide

And you and I can fly the world wide.

I donā€™t want to own you, thatā€™s not why I call

I need a friend, a companion & pray I do well

Honest, kind, sensitive & wise, I can tell

With your help we could do ever so well.

Healing and sending strength & endurance

This is my goal & my reassurance.ā€

Thank you for listening to my simple plea

It would be grand if you could do that for me.

Looking again at quiet dark sky, & stars

Feeling the breeze as it whispers to me

I blow the candles & open the circle

Itā€™s OK Mr. Dragon, maybe tomorrow

Your friend Garnet

I set up a travel altar in my back yard. Cast a circle, lit the candles & spoke my spell. It was a lovely night, very clear & the sky was a live with stars. I meditated & spoke my spell again.
After thanking the dragons and the elements, I snuffed the candles & cleared the altar. I watched the sky for a while. No dragon but a lovely experience.
Being new to dragon Magick, I didnā€™t know what to expect. If it worked, a European dragon would appear. If it didnā€™t, nothing.
What I found wasnā€™t a dragon but a profound sense of peace.
I think Iā€™ll cast this spell on a full moon. It couldnā€™t hurt.
Thanks for the challenge and letting me enter it.

16 Likes

The dragons look right at home on your beautiful altar, @IrisW! :blush: I see the dragon statue and the incense burner (with the smoke coming out its mouth- itā€™s perfect! :heart_eyes:) and is that a dragon on the pedestal/holder as well? Hope you have a wonderful vacation- enjoy the holiday! :heart:

A Draconic Reincarnation spell sounds amazing- I canā€™t wait to see it, @Kasandra! :dragon_face: :star_struck: Good for you for keeping an open mind and exploring different beliefs to find one that rings true for you- may your work on this Draconic spell be enlightening and enjoyable! :blush:

Be it Ramoth, the Great Smaug, Saphira, Falkor, or others- there are no limits on which dragon you choose to honor or draw inspiration from, @Amethyst! :heart::raised_hands: Go wild with dragons to your heartā€™s content! :laughing:

Youā€™re very welcome, @fabian- thank you for sharing about dragons in the Chinese Zodiac and about the Dragon Personality! It sounds like you have a natural connection with Draconic energy :dragon_face: :sparkles:

That is such a beautiful poem on dragons, @Garnet- you have a talent for delightful rhymes and rhythms! :notes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing!

14 Likes

What a fun idea that the dinosaurs were dragons, @steph- your mother raised a good debate! :grin::+1: Itā€™s true that our perceptions of them continue to change (thereā€™s an article here: Dinosaurs: how our understanding of what they looked like keeps changing) as science develops and they uncover more and more about the past.

When looking at the skull of a Dracorex hogwartsia (yes thatā€™s the real name :laughing:) it does look like a dragon!

5098486930_bd3a936238_z
[Pic from Chasmosaurs: The Dragon King Dracorex hogwartsia]

And there are certainly creatures that still live today that look like dragons- Bearded Dragons, of course, but even things like Glaucus Atlanticus :dragon_face: It seems like your mother could be on to something, Steph! :grin:

16 Likes

Iā€™d forgotten about the dragon on my oil burner! When you light the candle the clear marble in his hands lights up. Iā€™ll take a photo later.

13 Likes

Hereā€™s the chap lit up

16 Likes

Thatā€™s beautiful @Garnet :rose::heartpulse:

10 Likes

I love it! Itā€™s actually adorable!!!

10 Likes

That kind of looks like a Thestral from Harry Potter! :open_mouth:
@IrisW Thatā€™s a cute oil burner!
@Garnet A lovely call to dragons! If you had a profound sense of peace, Iā€™d say you did find a dragon, possibly the dragon Peace from Caroline Mitchellā€™s dragon Oracle deck. Dragons can not only give you fiery strength and passion, but peace as well. :peace_symbol:

9 Likes

Ahhhh!!! Heā€™s got himself a magickal glowing orb- thatā€™s adorable! :heart_eyes: You found yourself the perfect oil burner for your altar, @IrisW- whoever designed it was a genius! :sparkles::fire:

Youā€™re right @Kasandra- I didnā€™t see it until you pointed it out, but it does look a lot like a Thestral :astonished: :+1: It seems like itā€™s quite likely that Dracorex hogwartsia gave some inspiration for the Harry Potter books :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :open_book:

4 Likes

Another one of those things Iā€™ve had since I was a teenager and no idea where I found it! Likely a charity shop :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you to @Kasandra for the idea for the challenge!!! Also thanks to @BryWisteria for all your hard work!!

For my entry, I did an oracle reading with the deck, Dragon Oracle Cards by Diana Cooper.

I shuffled and I asked the dragons what I needed to hear at the moment. Also I asked them to tell me when to stop shuffling.

So I shuffled and I got the cards:
Earth Dragon with a jasper (I forgot which one, too early right now :grin: but it reminds me of earth)
Sunshine Yellow Dragon with citrine crystals.
Fire Dragon, with the crystal carnelian.

So after looking at the cards, it looks like Iā€™m in good shape with the dragons!! :dragon::dragon_face:

15 Likes

Glad to hear youā€™re in good shape with the dragons! :dragon: May they continue to protect you!

6 Likes

Cool! Can you pulled a card for me! I would like to connect to one of them? Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

Weā€™re you asking me to pull a card, @fabian ?

6 Likes

Especially since some think/know that some had feathers ā€˜ and not scalesā€™ or even both. & since there were already flying ones aka (pterodactyl, etc) And the many ancient peoples and cultures who have legends and stories of dragons that still linger today. Iā€™ve never worked with Dragon Magic or even Dragon energyā€™ but man does it sound powerful. Just like a piece of magic/energy that is needed in a situation that you need the strength/power/confidence of a Benevolent Creature.

10 Likes

Yes please @christina4 your dragon deck is so unique and intriguing.

9 Likes

Ok sure. Hold on.
I pulled the air and water dragon. It says:
Helps you to connect to higher frequencies. Trust your intuition. Develop your psychic abilities. Be open to enlightenment. Express your inner song.

Sorry about the light and the shadow. You got both with me lol Iā€™m going to edit and add whatā€™s in the booklet for you

Fourth-dimensional blue and green air and water dragons pour light into our third eye to assist our psychic and spiritual development. They help to dissolve our veils of illusion and enable us to see from a higher perspective. At the same time, they bring us inspiration and higher aspirations. They remind us to trust our intuition even when logic demands another course of action.

Add air and water and you create bubbles (lol) and sparkling waters. Air and water dragons bring lightness and something special to our life. When they soar and shimmer round us, a sense of happiness and hope lights up within us. They enable us to connect with our inner song and start to express it

11 Likes