šŸ‘» Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Ghosts & Spirits

@starborn You could do alot with that picture. Itā€™s Samhain perfect :jack_o_lantern:

10 Likes

Sounds amazing. Wish I was there but then you would not be alone lol :laughing: that picture is beautiful. Love the night.

9 Likes

That is one serene picture. I like the black and white play of lights and textures. I feel like I could step into the scene, almost.

10 Likes

Wowā€¦I completely understand ā€œLike I was drawn to it.ā€ @Devenne Wish I knew where my Ouija Board was, my father probably threw it away with my Momā€™s BOS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Blessed Be
Medea :black_cat: :witch_hat:

11 Likes

Iā€™m sorry about your dad :heartbeat: and your board and moms book.

10 Likes

The next day my cat was on my altar licking the cookie. Itā€™s so hard to keep him off of my altar. Maybe Iā€™ll put my offerings in a plastic container with a lid, so I know he canā€™t eat them Then I caught him stealing my feathers. So I have to hide those too. Ugh :face_with_peeking_eye: lol. Picture of the culprit Tom.

11 Likes

My black kitten is also a bundle of uncontrollable chaos and naughties. :joy:

Earlier today, he managed to pull the catnip sachet out of his lobster toy. I walked in on him lying on the floor, surrounded by catnip dust, like I just stumbled in on someone on an wild drug binge. :joy:

8 Likes

Another scary tale. So this started when I was five. Soi always thought a man was watching me by my bedroom window at night. Iā€™d be playing with my dinosaurs in the window sill while laying in bed. Iā€™d go to sleep. Then Iā€™d wake up (so I thought)thirsty. I was on the top bunk. It was dark, Iā€™d see a huge towering silhouette in the doorway. Literally filling the door way. I was so thirsty, that I told myself nothing was there. Iā€™d climb down and hit the door way. When I did a huge man would pick me up and run out of the house with me/ or ask my parents if he could take me while I was under his arm. My parents would say yes and heā€™d run out carry me as I was screaming. My mom would be shaking me awake as Iā€™m screaming and crying bloody murder all while asleep. As I got older Iā€™d fight back in these dreams and heā€™d always stab me in the right side of my high ribs . Same spot Everytime and Iā€™d wake up gasping.

When I was that age I remember seeing my great grandma Cleada which Iā€™d never met. Iā€™d smell perfume out of nowhere. It had been her house before she passed.

When I was 13 me and a friend were out in the undeveloped culdesac behind my parents home. Tall overgrown weeds and woods u had only explored once or twice. We were walking on the side of the woodline we heard something louder than a train, or tornado. Itā€™s was almost machine like sound but shockingly scary and loud. We were looking at each other scared. Looked like a portal opened up and I saw a giant bear. I mean giant bigger than a house. We ran all the way back to my house. She saw it too.

I have other stories but Iā€™ll save a few .

8 Likes

@starborn lmao! :laughing: yeah heā€™s full of piss and vinegar as my grandma would say. Lol. He is so wild. Love cats and catnip.

8 Likes

These stories are terrifying. :scream:

Is it possible to see snippets of past lives when we dream? This reminds me of being told that someone close to me had ended my last life.

And this reminds of @MeganB sharing some interesting articles about the veil over here:

9 Likes

@starborn
My mom had always thought that it was trauma from being killed in a past life. How is a five year old have those dreams. If not what you suggested? I will def check that out with the veil.
Itā€™s like the stories are so wild that a normal person would question my sanity. Lol. Iā€™m thankful for you and my new family. Itā€™s nice to talk about these things that I could not talk about before. I heard a kid died on a 4wheeler back there.

9 Likes

That experience is actually quite common. My mother studied it after she went to visit Padre Pioā€™s church. She had prayed that she would not experience anything which wasnā€™t True, so she didnā€™t, but others smelled roses (Padre Pioā€™s favorites) on her!

Grandma, Mom and I smelled flowers in winter with no perfume in use.

When Grandma died, Iā€™d smell her house at my home when I thought Grandma was visiting. Grandmaā€™s house was out in the country, which smelled very different than living in town. Then again, it may not have been the country or her house, but Grandma herself! It smelled similar to helichrysum.

9 Likes

It sucks that you had to experience it in this one. :slightly_frowning_face:

True. Funnily enough, that might be the most likely explanation, though. :slightly_frowning_face:

For me, I used to watch a lot of stuff that I wasnā€™t mentally ready for when I was young, and it affected me all the way up into adulthood. For example, I had a fear of sitting on the toilet for a long time. :joy:

Sorry, that doesnā€™t mean I have a funny story about how I would do gymnastics to use the toilet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It just meant that I would be as quick as I couldā€¦ Unless I had a Gameboy with me, in which case, I would forget about it and play Pokemon for hours. :crazy_face:

But yeah, that muddies the waters for me. It makes it harder to tell what results from watching some gory stuff a toddler shouldnā€™t have seen and whatā€™s lingering from past lives. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

11 Likes

@starborn your probably definitely right.
I watched stuff I should not have too. Lol but they couldnā€™t tell me no. I was always a wild independent spirit. I wanted to be grown up so fast. Lol I have to turn the light on most times when I go to bathroom. I used to always worry about something coming out from behind the shower curtain.

11 Likes

I learnt to do that the one time I didnā€™t and fell in. Someone didnā€™t put the seat back down. I ran straight to the shower and scrubbed for ages! :joy:

For me, it was less choice, and moreā€¦ Well, my family had this theme of having things around to keep me occupied on my own, to keep me out of their way. I used to pretend to be a documentary presenter and tell an audience of my toys about animals, dinosaurs, ancient civilisations, and space things. So at least that was nice! :sparkles:

Anyway, between Jaws, The Ghost and the Darkness, Candyman (:point_left: toilet fear here), A Nightmare on Elm Street, Ringu, some episodes of Buffy, The Blair Witch, Audition, Alien, Event Horizon (I do love this one, though), The Haunting, The Others, and so on, I spent a lot of my childhood afraid of everything. :sweat_smile:

But Iā€™m glad to say, today Iā€™m not. :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Lol I still get spooked a lil from time to time. But now when I hear noises it makess me Happy and I hope itā€™s someone giving me signs. For me it was xfiles loved it. But when I went to bed I had to cover everything but my eyes with the blanket. I always liked to have my feet out of the blanket but couldnā€™t. I was worried something would touch or grab my feet :joy:

P.s. sorry about your fam. Love that about you putting on show! Thatā€™s so cool. I love that.

11 Likes

I loved X-Files! But I never finished it. I think I stopped when a certain character took a break from the show for a while. So maybe around season 8? Have you seen the new ones?

I didnā€™t like the monster of the week episodes until I got older, though. Iā€™m not sure why, but when I was younger, it really bothered me how much they kind of threw the sense of mystery out and confronted us with very clearly supernatural beings. Then, at some point, I just started finding them to be fun. The one with the vampires is one of my favourites of all. It was very silly. :smile:

Same. I used it as my temperature-regulating strategy when I wasnā€™t too spooked. Well, I still do. And even though Iā€™m not spooked, the chance of something grabbing my feet is now very likely! My kitten starts attacking my feet in the morning to wake me up. :joy:

11 Likes

images

10 Likes

:joy::joy: thatā€™s so funny :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit Activities to find and join the current challenge :trophy: (And if youā€™d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)