šŸŒæ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick

Love your indoor herb garden!
Great idea for the dream sachet. Is there any material you use in particular?
Wonderful spell and oil for your hair and scalp!

11 Likes

Is nettle the same as stinging nettle?
Do you put the herbs in in equal measure?

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job to everyone who jumped into the world of Green Magick this week- it is a very vast topic, and the coven explored the theme in so many exciting ways! Iā€™ve been so inspired by everyoneā€™s crafts, spellwork, plants, wisdom, and more- thank you so much to everyone who took the time to explore and share about Green Magick! :herb::green_heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :herb::sparkles:

7 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you for joining in! :sparkles:

Reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!) :speaking_head:

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Props and Presents for the Green & Herbal Magick Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional prizes will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

4 Likes

@Medea you are welcome. In my experience, one thing at a timeā€¦ if you ever want more information there are oodles within the forum if you do a search throughout for both herbs & crystals. The main site has herbal courses & information also. Once you finish the current information that you are learning, move to the next thing that interests you & take your time to learn that topic. It will work out so much better for you than trying to learn everything all at once.

If you have any questions though, please feel free to ask & we will get you pointed in the right direction! :people_hugging: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

THANK YOU and yes, I found the older I get :shushing_face: the more time I need to do one thing at a time. Multi-tasking turns into too much stress. I love feedbackā€¦
Medea

6 Likes

I prefer cotton but Iā€™ve made sachets in those really thin draw string bags that they put my crystals in at the shops. Iā€™m not sure what type of fabric they are but itā€™s see-through so you can see your ingredients inside and they are already sewn. I used black ones for my car and my sons truck protection sachets.
Iā€™m planning on sewing a cotton bag for the dream one since I will be sleeping on it somewhat :wink:
:butterfly:

10 Likes

For your car!!! That is brilliant!!! - I have one of those sachets. That is now on my list of things to make!
I could also make some for my two boys as well- not for their cars, mind (too young :wink:)

9 Likes

If my son was younger I would probably make a stuffed animal or re-stuff one already made with herbs and crystals, then put it in his backpack. It could also have their name and address on it just in case or so the teacher knows its not a toy :wink: Those clip-on backpack markers, (stuffed somethings usually :bear:), would make an excellent item to use for a younger one.

Thank you for the nice compliments :blush:
I have plants all over my house. I love them all. :herb: :heart:
:butterfly:

7 Likes

omg I always forget to do this :laughing: I need to just make a cinnamon candle or something to burn on the first of the month every month.

Good luck on your salve! My infusion is coming along nicely :blush:

Thatā€™s good to know ā€“ thank you!

Beautiful entry Jeannie! :heart: I have the same oil diffuser necklace. I havenā€™t worn it in a while because I need to get some new inserts for it and it sits really heavy on my chest ā€“ but itā€™s really pretty and I love mine!

I absolutely will ā€“ thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love that you grew up with herbs and learning their properties :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: such a magickal childhood!

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with keeping things simple! Herbal teas are a great way to get in some green magick during the day, especially when youā€™re busy!

What a lovely simmer pot recipe :yum: it sounds like it smells delicious! One of these days Iā€™m gonna make a simmer pot. To be honest, Iā€™ve never made one before!

Youā€™ve had a great start to the craft! Thank you for sharing your experience with us :blush:

Iā€™m glad you were able to do it, too :heart:

It sounds like a tasty tea ā€“ Iā€™m not big on rosehips but the hibiscus and raspberry leaves are yummy!

Amazing recipes, as always! Iā€™m saving that orange cream tea for sure. My fiance loves that type of flavor and I think he might enjoy this tea :blush:

Look at all those pretty plants! They all look like theyā€™re doing amazingly well :blush: Iā€™m gonna save your hair oil recipe. I need something to help my hair regrow and become more thick and full. I made an oil a long time ago and used it all. It helped but I hate the feeling of oil on my scalp lol

Hooray on your first spell! :clap: You did an amazing job and it sounds like it was a great success :blush:

Awesome job! Iā€™m so glad the tea worked for you :blush:

Beautiful pictures :heart: I really like this one of the leaves in the moss! Your terrarium looks beautiful. I hope it brings a bit of the forest to you wherever you place it!

10 Likes

How do you know your infusion is coming along nicely? This is my first infusion.

7 Likes

I remember my grandmother making them in winter. I do them a good bit actually!

6 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose yes its stinging nettle

6 Likes

@MeganB a calendula salve of any kind is amazing for eczema. My grandmother has severe eczema and she swears by the ones i make her. Even her dermatologist told her to continue using whatever she is, bc its working better than all the creams and such he has perscribed her. So when she gets low she gets more from me, even tho she is the grandmother who refers to me as ā€œthe other granddaughterā€. So needless to say she gets charged

9 Likes

Mine looks like the herbs are getting nice and wilty in the oil, everything is thoroughly soaked, and it just feels right. I havenā€™t opened it yet but Iā€™m going to take it outside and ask for the blessing of the Full Moon!

We used to have that potpourri stuff all over my Nanaā€™s house but thatā€™s about as far as it ever got. When we were kids, the kitchen and the rest of the house were kind of closed off from each other so even if it smelled good in the kitchen, that smell wouldnā€™t necessarily spread to the rest of the house lol

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve always heard! My exzema hasnā€™t been too bad in a very, very long time ā€“ CW: gross symptom talk? When I was in middle school I used to have these big patches of eczema on the back of my thighs. They got so bad and oozy and gross that I had to have these patches put over them that hospitals used for patients with bed sores. The doctors were stumped and they took forever to go away because the eczema would get gross, stick to my pants, dry, and then it would be like opening a new would every time I had to change.

Now I just have the occasional small flare, eczema spots on my legs, and my hands getting really dry and cracking. Itā€™s way more manageable now than it ever has been.

7 Likes

Thanks for letting me know about the ointment. I have a sigil on the jar and I have an amethyst and selenite on top of the jar. I have been shaking it daily. It is cold outside and I just finished a 13 hour day so I am in bed I donā€™t want want to go out and get cold to ask for a moon blessing. So, I put my moonstone on top for tonight, asked for a blessing and got shivers. So I am assuming that will work.

My son had bad eczema when he was little. His hands would get so cracked, red and sore he couldnā€™t bend his fingers to play with his toys. My mom had it super bad as well. Over most of her body and had to be hospitalized because it was so bad. Anyway, she swears by EFAs( essential fatty acids) and she made a cream that had tea tree and lavender in it and coconut oil. She rarely gets outbreaks. The cream worked amazingly well on my sonā€™s skin. My heart goes out to your younger self. Not a fun thing to go through. Big hugs to her.

8 Likes

I have a hard time wrapping my head around using stinging nettle as I am always trying to avoid it in the yard!

7 Likes

Thank you Megan I have a good collection of essential oils.
Jeannie

7 Likes