šŸ‚ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magick for the Season

Challenge entry
I decided to do a beltane spreadā€¦ it was technically a tarot but i did it as an oracle spread. And added it to my book of beltane. I was sjirt on time due to craziness at work , bit its at least somethingā€¦

7 Likes

@Sarall I love all of your herbal setups, especially the drying rack!

And thank you so much @ashley69 :heart: I love making patchwork skirts!

4 Likes

Challenge Entry

**Black Salt for Samhain (with Draconic Prayer for Protection) **

You will need:
A jar
A fireproof cauldron or container
Handful of bay leaf
Sea salt (approximately two tablespoons)
Matches
Black Candle

1. A week or two before Samhain, light a black candle on your altar.

2. Pour two tablespoons of sea salt into a jar.

3. Put a handful of bay leaf into a fireproof cauldron or container and light them.

4. As the bay leaf burns, say:
    Faal Ahvos griindol drehlaan (The harvest is almost done)
    Benix Yolos do viir Krein (Amongst the flames of the dying sun)
    Zuā€™u ag daar Arvus (I burn this laurel)
    Prudaav ahrk voth Sahvot (Faithful and formal)
    Yolos prahk (Flame purify)
    Spaal voth Yol (Shield by fire)

5. Pour the ashes into the jar and mix them together with the salt, giving it a black color.

6. Use the salt anytime between Samhain and Yule for spiritual protection during the darker half of the year.

7. When you use the salt, you can say:
    Kii jaaril zuā€™u (Ashes of protection)
    Ilos zuā€™u nol Vokul (Conceal me from evilā€™s detection)
    Aak zuā€™u zeim zuk vul hef do Eruvos (Guide me through the darker half of the year)
    Ko krah Vulom do Felniir, daar nid zuā€™u faas (In the cold winter night, there is nothing to fear)
    Voth enook Sul, OrkiindahseDovah Rah bo lovun(With each day, the Dragon Godā€™s rebirth draws near)

6 Likes

I really struggled with something to do for this challenge. So, at the last minute, Iā€™m gathering together some different ancestor tarot spreads and will be doing one later (privately). I just wanted to share the spreads with you :blush: enjoy!

ā†’ Incandescent Tarot - Ancestral Connection Tarot Spread

ā†’ The Ancestral Collective Tarot Spread ā‹† Angelorum

ā†’ Tarot Spread - Ancestry: Connection & Healing ā€” Emerald Lotus Divination

ā†’ Ancestral Healing Tarot Spread ā€” Emerald Lotus Divination

I know itā€™s not original :sweat_smile: but Iā€™m super duper tired and will be doing the reading for myself privately later :heart:

8 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you so much to everyone who shared their delightful seasonal magick- the coven really knows how to celebrate and make the most out of the season! :fallen_leaf: :blush:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you for joining in! :sparkles:

This thread has reopened for discussion and comments

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants!

ā†’ Props and Presents: Magick for the Season

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: Congrats to the Witches of the Season! :fallen_leaf:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional prizes will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

3 Likes

I am so sorry I think I said in a earlier I a post I was making a headdress and well itā€™s not quite done but for the purpose of knowing I am participating in this challenge I thought I would let you all see how hard I have been working towards Samhain! This is my antlers that are almost done I still need to use the sculpting bandage and paint them

[Antler Headdress ](https://Antler Headdress )
I had a hard time with the antlers falling down but they are up cause I used lots of copper wire!
I am sorry itā€™s not done but I just wanted to share my journey with you all!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Wow, what a nice antlers, there are amazing!! What are you going to use them for?

By the way, I love that Gaia statue you have behind!!! OMG, is so BEAUTIFUL!!!

5 Likes

Well SpanishWitchy,
I am trying to be close to nature and I made a mask as well! I think Iā€™ll just go out into nature and see what I find and be mystical and magical! I
Thank you I love mother Gaia that explains all my plants and my herb garden :potted_plant:
Itā€™s really a offering to Hecate cause she is a filth eater and she will eat the miasma! Anything that is unclean!
Wait till itā€™s done! I shouldā€™ve had my package from Walmart so I can use my puffy paint and my other things I ordered and Iā€™m still waiting on it so I need some witchcraft for that!
I needed to have some more of a protective shield :shield: for this crazy mess in my life!
Jeannie

Jeannie

5 Likes

Jeannie these are AMAZING!!! :heart_eyes:

I tried to make a pair of antlers to wear to a Renaissance Faire a long time ago and I remember it was really tough to get them to stay standing and balanced- the wire and using very lightweight sculpting clay really helps! Youā€™re doing so great with yours- they look really impressive! :clap::sparkles:

Thank you so much for sharing them- I canā€™t wait to see the final product! :star_struck:

Blessed be and happy crafting!

3 Likes

Those are AWESOME! Thatā€™s so great @Jeannie1! Youā€™re so crafty!

4 Likes

I learned some very cool things on you Challenge. Something I noticed about me is, anything that horns that normally do not belong on, scares me to death! I was watching a movie and this ā€œMotherā€ was a large ā€œthingā€ with horns and the guy in front of it was apologizing for some mistake and it grabbed the guy, pulled him inside under its sheet or whatever it was and all you heard was a lot of commotion then it spit out its bonesā€¦yuk.
Anyway, on a more positive noteā€¦great challenge, I enjoyed reading it.

Blessed Be,
Medea

5 Likes

Thank you for reading my post :smile: That sounds like a very interesting movie. And I completely understand how that can be scary. Sounds almost like that guy ran into some dark feminine energy who wasnā€™t having it lol.

6 Likes

117 Weekly Witch Challenge
Magick for the season.

Iā€™m going to be serious about this challenge (or try).
There are many Pagan religions, each being different but slide into the beliefs of the others.
As we all know, Samhain is a ā€˜paganā€™ holiday/festival (read - Celtic). It was passed down through time from the teachings of Pagan druids. They sought the ā€™ ā€œgreatest yearningā€ of humanity.

This statement immediately caught my attention. After reading about it, ā€œI came away with an understanding of its goals to 'be all you can be. ā€

Kind of profound? It was and is a sacred Nature faith. They can have any number of Gods & Goddess,

Mostly they are secretive but tolerant. They believe in reincarnation and 'the otherworld (I think this is like, Heaven or Summerland).

Their Holy men were treated with the greatest of respect.ā€ There is no real dogmaā€ ergo, finding a teacher, might be hard to find. Yet, there is a resurgence and it is again being practiced Although they remain somewhat secretive.

While we are engulfed in the season of fall, of gathering our food and coming together for big celebrations! Letā€™s look at the spiritual side of Samhain!
This is the wonderful holiday represented by the south (the FIRE element)
fire is the strongest element. It can nourish as well as destroy.
It is a time of reflection, I guess the fire is to expose your layers and burn them away. You learn hope or truth as each layer burns.

Iā€™ve often wondered why they put up a big bonfire as the students played football or at the beginning of the school season. Was it a carry-over of superstitions brought from the new world, or did the schools just do it? I donā€™t remember.
Samhain is also a time when celebrations are held to reconnect with ancestors to honor the dead because this is when the veil between the living and spirit world is the thinnest.

My personal opinion is that The southern spiritual religions have become thought of as Samhainish. People are so easily frightened and superstitious that and cross themselves and run away.

I am in no way denouncing anyoneā€™s beliefs, Apples, and oranges, you know.

It isnā€™t important that you believe a certain way. Just believe in something that soothes and buoys your soul.

The celebrations of Samhain are magical! To touch the face of ancestors, is amazing.
I am enjoying everyoneā€™s ideas, they are just amazing. Iā€™m unable to get into the outdoors to gather the items I would like and set a fire in my backyard?ā€ Would miraculously make 4 fire trucks, and 2 police cars show up out of the blue, empty my pool to put out my little fire, and cost me a fine that might dampen Samhain for meā€¦ (sorry, sorry, I tried, I really did.)

And I feel that this will be my challenge entry.
Thanks for the new knowledge it gained

Blessed be

Garnet
Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m late, Time gets away from me, doctors, MRIā€™s consultsā€¦sigh

5 Likes

That is a really profound way to view the fires of Samhain- all of the candles and lanterns, the lights as we go into the darker months, but also finding the ā€œlightsā€ and truths within. Beautifully said :fire:

No worries at all, Garnet! Even though the challenge has closed, I really appreciate you jumping in and sharing your thoughts on the theme :heart: I hope the doctors visits and consults are all going okay- good luck and be well, my friend! :hugs: :sparkles:

Blessed Samhain!

4 Likes

Travel Witch Thanks
I just think that I struggle with perfectionism and I think the next one will go much better but itā€™s great practice!
My package :package: still has not arrived!
Amethyst- Thanks :blush: I really hope this gets me out in nature and I hope Hecate hears my thoughts and prayers!
Jeannie

4 Likes

Blockquote
This is the wonderful holiday represented by the south (the FIRE element)
fire is the strongest element. It can nourish as well as destroy.
Thanks Garnet I want to be a a destroyer archetype that destroys everything that hinders me! So I Connected with my grandma yesterday I left her out some tea and shared a cup of tea with her. I just know right now she would want me to be strong through everything that it is that is actually going on right now. Honestly I know she had to go through the things that Iā€™m going through right now too. I seen her strength too she was a really strong person. I honor her and I love her! This month
I have been playing samhain over and over by LISA Thiel I know how to play that song as it is is a B minor E minor in F sharp and I have the tune in my head but Iā€™m just really trying to get it all together all at once. I just love :heart: Lisa Thiel! Garnet thanks for all your imput and knowledge!
Jeannie

5 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge :trophy: