🌑 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Magick in the Dark

Thank you Ben, this message is much appreciated. Especially right now. And thank you for thinking of me. Makes me feel happy!

6 Likes

Tonight I finally was able to get into @SilverBear Shadow work video. This being my first hands on attempt with this,(Although I’ve investigated it and read/noted information) I must say the 7 minute video was great and left me asking questions of myself as well as wanting more.
The person I chose is someone who really just has a negative effect on me, so much so I lose my composure most times. Which in turn makes me angry that they have this power to unravel me at my core. The traits of this person that I wrote down are true in my interpretation of them. But also some of which I hold deep within myself, for example one trait I listed was “fake” I find this to be true for myself because within my family (when I was a part of it) I was fake. I acted like I wanted to be a part of it, but honestly I was just waiting to pull away. The level of deceit and betrayal (not to mention abuse) in my family was something that I could not fathom anymore as a parent to my own kids. So I own that, I did wear a mask of conformity when I had to, until my mother passed away. Since 2012, My family is my husband,my kids, and my grandkids. My four other DNA sharers I exiled from infecting my life or that of my children.
Another trait I can own is “weak”, because as an abused child and a survivor of domestic violence I see my previous self as weak, this is also something I fear of being again. Which is why I do not like asking for help, possibly why I make everything harder than it has to be for myself, and why I am my own worst enemy.
That was two of the eight that I wrote down for this person (Im sure you all know who it is :laughing:)
Are all of them part of my shadow? Because many I can not say I own, could I, possibly but then I think I’d hate myself…
So is it the shadow is what’s dominant/dormant or what we fear of possessing?
Further work will definitely be in the cards…
Blessed New Moon Everyone.

10 Likes

I know how hard it can be to open up like that. You didn’t have to do that here but thank you for sharing because I know some of us in here resonate well with what was said. Blessings to you.

8 Likes

Hekate comes to many as the
light in the darkness. Yet, she is not the one who does the work. It is up to us to make the choice to break our own chains and to claim the keys that are rightfully ours. These keys may be difficult ones, such as our descent into the underworld. Only through abiding in our darkness can we return to the light of our truth. This is what Hekate teaches; that the way to break free of our chains is by unlocking the deepest parts of our soul. That is the rebirth she offers, in her cauldron in her cave, if we brave the return to the crossroads.

Hekate, Keeper of Keys.
Hekate, Breaker of Chains.
I stand here at your crossroads,
Returning to my wildness.
I claim the keys of your magic, medicine and mystery.

This words ain’t mines, is from a good Priestess, witch and mentor of Keeping Her Keys, Cyndi Brannen.
Words that came in my mind when I read your post @Rowan.
Blessings!

9 Likes

Thank you @pedros10 Hekate has always held my interest.
Blessed Be,

7 Likes

For this challenge, I light a white candle for new beginnings. I held a skeletal elestial quartz crystal signifying again, new beginnings. Then, I used this meditation: New Moon December 2020 Meditation / Solar Eclipse December 2020 Meditation / New Moon Meditation - YouTube
I used Cassie Uhl from Zenned Out’s new moon eclipse card spread. Here’s a copy of that spread:

After I pulled my cards, I realized that I have some work to do, but I have nothing to worry about! I have everything I need, shelter, food and water, the love of my family, I have an education, and support from everyone here :blush: I wrote down goals to clear my mental and physical clutter. Goals to start the new year off fresh with a positive attitude towards everyone, stay in the moment and have more gratitude.
Once I finished the card spread, I journaled. I sat for a moment and held gratitude for the moment and having the time to do this.

10 Likes

No tea!?! :scream: Oh that is a tragedy, @Amethyst! C’mon, doctors- put those heads together! :clap:

I know you said this is hopefully your last week of antibiotics- hopefully they are hard at work making you all better and you’ll be able to have a celebratory cup of tea later this week!

When you do, let me know- I’ll be raising my tea cup up too to cheers in your honor :clinking_glasses::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Elderberry is wonderful- and such a good protective herb for this time of year! Enjoy the ritual and have a restful recovery from your shadow work, @Susurrus :blush:

You always pour your heart and soul into your spellwork, and it really shines through, @praecog29! It is powerful to read your responses to the cards you drew. Reading your honest and open interpretations is so inspiring- this shadow work truly revealed how strong you are! Very well done and thank you so much for sharing your wise insights :pray:

I feel very blessed to be part of your reading- thank you for taking the time to draw a card for those mentioned, Benjamin! :bowing_woman::two_hearts: And such a wonderful message you have for us- I think the wisdom of seeking help and releasing fear locked inside is lovely. And it goes hand-in-hand with shadow work! Everything comes in a full circle :grin::black_circle:

Thank you again for sharing your lovely readings- I know shadow work is tough stuff, but look at all the wonderful revelations it brought! Bravo and hugs to you! :hugs:

I absolutely agree, @CelestiaMoon! Dreams are a time when our conscious usually takes a step back out of the spotlight and we are more free to explore the depths of our mind. Dreams are a wonderful opportunity to pursue the shadows there :flashlight:

It seems our visualizations are in sync- great minds think alike! :laughing::+1: It is amazing that you were able to face the monsters with such grace and an open mind. Because of your love for learning, you were able to look behind their scary appearance and find that the truth wasn’t nearly as haunting as it first appeared. A lovely dream- thank you for sharing! :heart:

Congrats on your first deep dive in shadow work, @Rowan! :raised_hands: Silverbear’s meditation is amazing- and it sounds like it helped you unravel a lot of mysteries inside of you! Shadow work can sometimes open one door- only to have another right behind it. Some things can be brought to light in one sitting, while other issues take a long time to unravel their complexities.

I hope you were able to find some peace within yourself- well done with your hard work, Tamera! :blush: And wishing you all the best with the shadow work and card readings to come :pray:

A beautiful prayer to Hekate- thank you so much for sharing these powerful words and your wisdom, @pedros10! :heart::old_key:

Your new moon eclipse card spread is lovely, @Christina4! And it looks like it brought you some wholesome reassurances and lots of love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It sounds like you have some very positive goals for the new year too! May your white candle and lovely spellwork light the way into a fresh new year and lovely start :raised_hands:

10 Likes

Well done to everyone who has shared their entry so far- it has been such a pleasure reading about everyone’s shadow and New/Dark moon experiences! :star_struck:

A friendly reminder that, due to the challenge extension,

This challenge will close TOMORROW !

For anyone who has not shared yet but would like to, please talk about your experience by the deadline:

Tomorrow: Wednesday, December 16th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

In this time of darkness, blessed be! :new_moon::sparkles:

7 Likes

One of the things I’ve learned through my own shadow work is that you’re only weak if you need help and don’t ask for it. The Goddess wants to help us, but sometimes she just needs you to ask for that help. You’re a strong woman @Rowan. Don’t let your mind trick you into thinking otherwise.

8 Likes

Actually, the doctor took me off the two antibiotics I was taking and started me on a new one. So I’ve started over with twenty more days of antibiotics. And they may put me on shots or IVs next Monday, it depends on how good the pills work.

So yeah, I’m a bit bummed. I may have a cup of tea Thursday just to be with y’all and to try the new Christmas Tea I bought on recommendation from @Susurrus. I want tea darn it! :tea:

7 Likes

Oh, I think you should have the tea on Thursday… you are going to love the Christmas Tea. I had Winter Spice tea last night before I went to bed. I also used a Winter Spice tea bag in my spell work yesterday. I can’t find my chamomile and my witchy box is under all of the hidden presents in my closet, so I could get to it. I used the Winter Spice tea bag & cut it open then put some of the chamomile, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon from there in the witch’s ball.

6 Likes

Ooh, that winter spice tea sounds good too. I’m not a big fan of chamomile though, but I may try it. I like cardamom.

Your witchy balls sound great! I mean the balls you’re making not your balls. LOL.

6 Likes

Psychiatrist Carl Jung described “the shadow self” as the site of repressed desires, emotions and impulses hidden from our conscious awareness. Shadow work involves bringing these unconscious desires to the forefront so we can better understand them, heal them and integrate them in a healthy way to bring productive change in our lives.

According to some experts, our subconscious and unconscious (or shadow self) drive a good portion of our behavior. They contain some of the deep-seated belief systems and thoughts that we harbor beneath our conscious awareness, usually rooted in and stemming from childhood. It’s no surprise, then, that these hidden aspects of our personality have been hugely implicated in self-sabotaging behaviors.

I’ll give you an example that I read from a book I was reading.

There was a woman and she went out with her friends to a bar. She saw this very attractive man and she was lonely and wanted to have a one night stand with him. So she drank, had fun and things started to progress in that direction with the man. The next morning she was filled with guilt, not because she didn’t WANT to do these things with this man, but because she heard her father’s voice saying, “Good girls don’t act that way.”

THAT is shadow-self. That is a repressed emotion/thought from her childhood that molded her in this very moment.

So shadow work doesn’t always have to stem from something traumatic. It can be as simple as your father telling you “Good girls don’t act that way.”

It is absolutely OK for a grown woman to have a one night stand with another consenting adult. :slight_smile: Even if daddy doesn’t think so! :slight_smile:

PS - I should add that this grown women then suppressed her true-self and made an excuse that she drank too much to justify her actions. When what she truly wanted was just to “be” with someone for one night but that father voice took over; hence the repressed desires.

8 Likes

The other spices go good with the chamomile, I think that you’ll like it @Amethyst.

@SilverBear I am enjoying the Shadow Work and working through some of these things. After learning more about it, I have been actively working on it in counseling since around May. All kinds of repressed, everything came out over the course of 2 months. I have block out HUGE chunks of time from my life. I don’t really start remembering anything until after I had both of my sons in my twenties. As I said before though, I did have that instance with my daughter where it came out without me realizing that is what was happening. So, my daughter & I will be a topic of discussion at my next appointment on Friday.

@Rowan you’re doing a wonderful job, just remember to take it slow and be gentle with yourself.

7 Likes

I ordered one box off Amazon. If I like it, I’ll order more. It sounds interesting.

7 Likes

Awesome! Too bad they don’t have in a store near you because it’s cheaper than Amazon. I will see if they go on sale & if you like it I will send you some. I can get the Christmas tea too cheaper than Amazon.

6 Likes

It’s not too bad on Amazon, don’t worry about it. I figure in a dollar or so for shipping and handling, I’ll come up about even. Thanks for the offer though love!

6 Likes

Okay, no problem! I like to help when I can! :heart:

7 Likes

You’re a sweetheart that way! Thanks, @Susurrus!

7 Likes

I think reading all of your posts have really been eye opening! I had a lot of child abuse as well growing up! I have many mental problems and issues and am very scared to admit it! I can relate I am my worst enemy too! I have trouble expressing myself too! Because I have barring everything for so long! Know I can just share my gratitude to you ladies for helping me see that holding on to my pain any longer will only take me down a bigger hole! I admire the bond we share! I am glad to have found someone I can trust to share with!
We are not weak, we are strong, we have gone through some really complex things! I am sorry to just butt inn on your conversation I just felt compelled to share too! Thank you know I can recognize my scars!
Jeannie
Jeannie

7 Likes