🍶 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Inks & Oils

Hopefully I can get an online shop set you and y’all can see my candles I make and sell everyday!!!

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

I decided to do a simple home blessing with Dragon’s Blood. The fragrance oil I bought is a bit strong, so I decided to limit spraying it by my sacred space.

Home Blessing with Dragon’s Blood

1. During the waxing moon, fill a small bottle with fresh water and put in approximately three drops of Dragon’s Blood fragrance oil (a little bit goes a long way).

2. If you work with dragons, you can ask them to bless the Dragon’s Blood with their powers.

3. Spray each part of your living space (or sacred space) and say the following accordingly:

Floors, I walk on them with ease
I will not stumble or fall to my knees

Windows, they let in light and bliss,
The sun’s rays are a gentle kiss

Doors, open or closed,
No unwanted energy will impose

Walls, that hold and protect
Love and joy is all they accept

19 Likes

Challenge Entry

I wrote with a quill pen for the first time today and it’s not easy! I have 3 of them so I should learn to use them. Lol.

For my magickal oil I made protection oil, or robbers oil. I smell really good right now.

Please forgive my handwriting in my BOS. Quill pens are hard to write with!

jpeg)

18 Likes

18 Likes

I love seeing these quills and inks. Definitely something i will have to invest in! :black_nib::feather::fountain_pen::writing_hand:

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

I was hoping my Tamed Wild box would come in time for this challenge as this month’s box has an amazing glass pen and ink as well as parchment paper for word witchcraft. But alas, it still hasn’t shipped.

Instead, I am posting a headache roller recipe from "The Green Witch’s Guide to Self-Care: Natural Spells, Rituals, and Remedies for Your Mind, Body, and Spirit" (available on Kindle Unlimited!). As a migraine sufferer, I work to prevent any kind of headache as they often lead to a migraine. As I continue on my green witchcraft path, I am moving towards natural remedies over OTC/ Rx meds where possible. I use @Mistress_Of_Herbs’s migraine tea and it is amazing. I also love using EOs. This EO blend has worked wonders since I found it. I have two bottle, one at home and another that I keep in my purse (it’s only a 5 mL roller).

Ingredients:

• 10-mL brown rollerball bottle
  • 2 drops peppermint EO
  • 2 drops rosemary EO
  • 2 drops eucalyptus EO
  • 2 drops lavender EO
  • 1 or 2 amethyst chips (need to fit inside the bottle)
  • Carrier oil (I use sweet almond but grapeseed or fractionated coconut are also great choices)

Directions:

1. Cleanse the rollerball bottle with your preferred method (I use incense smoke).
  2. In the bottle, place a small amount of your carrier oil. Add the EOs and amethyst chips. Fill the remainder of the bottle with carrier oil.
  3. Gently roll the bottle between the palms of your hands while saying:

May the scent of herbs relieve my tension.
May the touch of amethyst draw out my pain.
Combined, leave your healing energy behind.
As I will, so it is.

1. Gently apply the oil to your temples, visualizing the pain being pulled away from you.

Store at room temperature for up to 6 months. Dispose if you notice any growth within the oil.

If you don’t have access to EOs, you can create a tea blend using 1 teaspoon dried peppermint and lavender, 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, and 2 teaspoons black tea. Brew in boiling water for 5 minutes. Sweeten if desired - I prefer to use local honey.

17 Likes

@Kasandra I can not wait to try this! One of my MAJOR goals & intentions for the new moon are ALREADY coming to fruition and a Home Blessing is exactly what I needed next :hugs::people_hugging:

@BryWisteria All of these entries have been AMAZING! What a fun topic and I LOVE that so many people decided to participate and really share! :sparkles::high_brightness::cyclone:

—Hazel RAE :pisces:
:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:
:new_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_gibbous_moon::full_moon::waning_gibbous_moon::last_quarter_moon::waning_crescent_moon:

15 Likes

Thank you @Amaris_Bane! I am going to whip me up a batch of this!

13 Likes

I love this recipe! I’ve used something similar in our diffuser, but never thought to do it in a rollerball.

I think I will try this soon!

Your candles really are beautiful! :heart_eyes:

I love your idea to use your sleep spray! I have some myself and it would be an easy way for me to add a little extra magick to my night, especially when I struggle with sleeping through the night so often.

What a sweet gift! :heart:

I’ve yet to fully try this and am encouraged seeing how much it works! I think I may try carving a sigil in one this week.

15 Likes

I use lavender and lemongrass in my diffuser a lot. I’m glad I could share the recipe.

11 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry: Magickal Inks & Oils

This challenge really got me thinking about ink. Ink-thinking, LOL! I was just amazed to learn that in the old days, of course, people usually made their own ink and often, writing implements. Imagine Shakespeare, Jane Austen and Charles Dickens writing their works – in these types of inks. It bloweth the mind away :slight_smile:

I decided to make “Divination Ink.” I used the Spells8 recipe for Divination Oil as inspiration. I also found "How to Make Ink" on WikiHow. I also read Jane Austen’s cook’s recipe for ink and a National Parks article on how to make home-made ink.

Since I did not have gum arabic, I made do with cornstarch. My divination ink recipe:

1/2 cup boiling water

1 bag Hibiscus Tea (e.g., Badia) and 1 bag of black tea

3 drops cinnamon oil

2 tsps cornstarch

1 Tbsp white vinegar (sets color, just like dying Easter eggs)

I also added a little honey, a clove and a star anise pod (just to make it smell good)

I steeped this mixture and strained it. I cut a feather to make a quill.

I plan to use this ink for automatic writing and possibly petitions.

18 Likes

I bought a quill pen and ink at Renn Faire last year and I actually think my handwriting has improved with it. I don’t write with it super often, but I love it when I do! I think having to stop and redip ink makes me more conscious about how I am writing! It definitely takes practice! I think you did an amazing job! And your quills are lovely!

14 Likes

I looked up gum arabic when I was researching inks earlier this week. Corn starch is a good substitute. You can also use xantham gum. We had some of that in the kitchen… I have no idea why… I didn’t make ink for this challenge, but it was still neat to look at and see how inks are actually made!

14 Likes

Yes, the next time I am a crafts or artist store, I am going to pick some up. Some people use it to make home-made water colors. It will be fun to experiment with it!

10 Likes

I’m going to be creating a spell oil specifically to my area to help me connect with the land I live on. It will also help to ground me in the moment, and I plan on using it for grounding meditations. I didn’t know if one of the ingredients was skin safe, so I went and did some digging and here’s what I found.

The first ingredient would be the bark of a live oak tree (specifically Quercus virginiana), one very specific to my area. Not being sure if live oak was safe to use in an oil infusion, I had to look it up – always do your research, remember! Anyway, here are some things I found.

• The bark is astringent.

• A decoction has been used in the treatment of dysentery.

• A decoction of the wood chips or the bark has been applied externally as an astringent analgesic to treat aches and pains, sores and haemorrhoids.

• Any galls produced on the tree are strongly astringent and can be used in the treatment of haemorrhages, chronic diarrhoea, dysentery etc.

• The leaves of Q. virginiana have been used as antimicrobial agent.

• Native Americans extracted a cooking oil from the acorns, used all parts of live oak for medicinal purposes, leaves for making rugs, and bark for dyes.

The second ingredient is Spanish Moss. Now, I was pretty sure this would be okay to use in an infusion but I wanted to be sure first. Again, I scoured the internet and found some information!

• Spanish Moss has a history of use as a remedy for rheumatism, either taken as a tea, soaking in a bath with the decoction, or having the liquid massaged into sore muscles and joints.

• In animal studies, extracts of Spanish Moss reduced the amount of time for wound healing.

• Common skin bacteria such as S. aureus , S. epidermis , and P. aeruginosa pose problems because of their ability to cause infection in an open wound, ultimately slowing the healing process. Organic extracts of Spanish Moss produce growth limiting activity against each of these microbes.

With all this information at my disposal about how both ingredients I have chosen have been used for various purposes, both internal and external, I am confident that it is safe to create an oil infusion. So, this will be my next oil I create!

I have to harvest the bark from the tree, after offerings and permission is asked, and then gather some Spanish moss. The oil will infuse for a full Lunar cycle and be used regularly in my meditation practice.

I’ll be sure to share pictures and write about my experience when the time comes!

Sources

18 Likes

Challenge Entry

I adapted this recipe from ones already shared here, for ingredients I could find in my cupboard (yay for thrifty witchcraft :smile_cat:)

• Pink pigment for cosmetics
  • Xanthan gum
  • Cleaning alcohol

(It’s the middle of the night… got to act when the inspiration’s there! :sweat_smile:

I didn’t have a quill to write with, so I used a toothpick :laughing:
Still, pretty good toothpick writing isn’t it? :wink: :rofl:
I’ll have another look in the morning if it has set or if I can swipe it off of the paper! :grin: :open_book:
Exciting if this works, next I’ll add some glitter :blush: :sparkles:

17 Likes

@Amaris_Bane awwwwww Jess thats awesome!!! Im so happy u like it and it helps.

And u are soooooooo right about getting rid a headache before it becomes a migraine. YUCK.

An migraine oil was the first blend i learned.

13 Likes

Challenge Entry

This is my first challenge so i hope my entry is correct.

First, I want to say I have never heard of magickal ink. I found this very interesting and do plan to learn more on the subject.

I have made a motivational oil blend. Unfortunately I’m away from home and don’t have the recipe with me. I learned a few things from this challenge, first one being that i didn’t properly add the fresh herb. I realized that maybe I shouldnhave done more research before attempting this. But because of the things I have learned I’m positive that my next attempt will be great!

16 Likes

@Aurora_Hestia roller bottles are awesome. Thats all i use anymore. Its also nice bc u can press down on the roller and give yourself a dece nt masaage while applying the oil

14 Likes

@MeganB spanish moss is amazing as a poultice

15 Likes