šŸ“› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Names

Ooooh AMAZING theme @Medea!! :heart_eyes: :star_struck: I am sooo excited for this one! It seems like I am feeling magic running in my blood just by reading this challenge! :flushed: And woowā€¦A Magickal Name for Me!? I seldom thought about it. But now it seems like the perfect occassion to conjure up a name for myself in my magick cauldron! :wink: :sparkles: I must say, I am very soon coming back with my entry!! Also, I wanted to share my magical name according to the Witch Name Generator with you all ( itā€™s not my entry! ) :smiling_face: It is - ā€˜Blessed Enchantressā€™ :heart_eyes: :innocent: :sparkles:

20 Likes

Thankfully, this weekā€™s challenge is simple. :face_exhaling: Iā€™ll have to write about how I chose my magickal name.

18 Likes

@Kasandra We would loove to know your magickal tale! :smiling_face: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Challenge Entry

I will admit that I didnā€™t know such a thing as a magical name or witch name even existed until recently. I used to see things on social media with words next to letters where you choose the letters matching your fore and surname. I always did these just for fun. I never took it seriously in all honesty.

Spells, magic and working with the deities have become a massive part of my life over the past few monthsā€¦ but at the same time, they are just thatā€¦ PART of my life. They are part of what makes me who i amā€¦Alan. I feel that rather than have a name which highlights this part of me, this part of me has become part of my name. (I hope that makes sense). Thatā€™s why i tend to sign off posts just simply with Alan.

However, I suppose that my user name (cosmic curiosity) could be considered as a reflection of the side of magick that draws me most. I am fascinated by the stars, planets and moon and the effect that they have on our lives. When the moon controls the seas and oceans, it stands to reason that it must have influence over us (the planet and our bodies both having around 70% water!). The universe is mind blowing: its sheer size, the mysteries it holds and the influence it has certainly sparks myā€¦cosmic curiosity.

Just to clarify, I have absolutely NO ISSUES with those who do choose a magickal or witch name. Good on youā€¦Go for it and use it with pride!

Blessed Be

Alan

25 Likes

It doesnā€™t match the letters, but Iā€™m definitely going to use the name Sensual Fascination somewhere! :sweat_smile: :wink: :kiss: :sparkles:

14 Likes

Come to think of it I could even use it as a name for my company when I start offering my services! :blush:

Challenge Entry

Hereā€™s a story of how I chose my witch name, it happened right here with you :heart:

How I came upon the Celestia nameā€¦ it felt right, just like my first name did. It took some time, and trying on different names, which one would feel like my second skin. Thereā€™s almost like an audible ā€œclickā€ when that happens. There was one in the Naming an Athame thread for me too. :old_key:

22 Likes

Well, as simple as this may seemā€¦ actually putting into words how I went from username to Witch Name that I actually use in the Coven & found myself writing it BoS type of journal I useā€¦ this may take some thinking about how to present it :laughing: I have a weird thing about writing things out & itā€™s like a perfectionist OCD thing & has to be just rightā€¦ because my name has actually evolved over the last 2+ years as my practice has gone through different phases, much like the badges that I wear in the forum too :rofl: I do the same thing with organizing tooā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

I remember when you chose your name & the stories about it @CelestiaMoon! As soon as I started reading it, I was likeā€¦ Oooo I remember that! :grin: Great job finding it too in the forum! :revolving_hearts:

21 Likes

Thatā€™s so sweet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I remember when you got yours too :sparkling_heart:
Did a little search and found it in case you were looking for it :blush: Wizardry of Words Weekly Challenge Entry

12 Likes

Cosmic_Curiosity is a great user name. I too love the vastness of space and how the energy from the cosmos guides us, influences us and everything on earth. That energy is us, each and everyone of us because, I believe, that is where we come from and what connects us.

15 Likes

This is a fun theme! I had honestly never thought about this until reading this thread. Iā€™m going to do some soul searching and journaling on this one over the next few days to see what I come up with :slight_smile:

Excited about this!

15 Likes

Oh oh oh oh oh! I love this one! Sometimes a challenge strikes you with inspiration and excitement right from the get-go. I donā€™t know why for sure, but this one had me pretty excited!

14 Likes

Oh my yes! Thats when I changed it to Siofraā€¦ then later I added Stregaā€¦ I believe theres a post somewhere about that too!

Iā€™ll have to go on a search for that one too :smiling_face: Thank you so much @CelestiaMoon! :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

Always happy to help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Iā€™d love to hear that part too, I must have missed it! :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

Strega, striga, strix, lilitu in Romanianā€¦ I wonder if thereā€™s any intentional connection to my beloved Lilith? :wink: :black_heart:

12 Likes

I love the surname ā€œEnchantressā€! Your witch name makes me smile. @Solasta_Amore

13 Likes

Challenge Entry Part 1

Lol :laughing:ā€¦ Iā€™m sorry not to Lilith @CelestiaMoon, ā€œStregaā€ is the Italian word for Witch. Iā€™m very connected to my Irish :ireland: & Italian :it: heritage. Both sides go back to Celtic :triquetra: spirituality, but I have absolutely no connection to the Welsh or Germanic Europe side of me & most of my DNA is Irish & the Italian Sicilian areas. Plus I was raised by my father who was Irish & Italian. My grandmother who is Italian was a large part of my life & actually lived in an attached in-law apartment to our house from the time I was 15 years old. So, Siofra being from Ireland & the name & meaning connecting to meā€¦ as I was working on my genealogy & went further back on my Italian side, I found the Italian word for Witch & added that to my name as my witch name. I practice heavily on the Irish Celtic path & work with 2 of their deities also.

I kind of feel like I just went through my Witch Name in 2 parts for this challenge :rofl:

18 Likes

Awww, I knew it was a long shot! :laughing: :black_heart:
Itā€™s a beautiful name full of personal significance, that really warms my heart more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

I love this theme, thank you!
Since i ā€™ ve been a forum witch since 2009 i always identify myself as ā€˜Fayā€™, in fact there is many people who knows me by that name in the real lfe :fairy::sparkles: as a bellydancer most of other dancers knows me as Fay too, so i guess thatā€™ s kind of my magical or witchy name.

14 Likes

If I go based on this, my witch name is Entranced Enchantress :joy: I think thatā€™s a bit much for a name!

I donā€™t have a witch name, nor do I really feel the need for one. So for this challenge, I decided to find a bunch of different online quiz things to tell me what they think my witch name should be :laughing:

This website says my witch name is Strashnaya Vedā€™ma ā€“ apparently Iā€™m a scary Russian witch!

This website says my witch name should be Mad Ember Merrill ā€“ based on what? I donā€™t know :woman_shrugging: just a few random questions I answered.

[Image from Pinterest]

This one says Iā€™m Rotten Dahlia :hibiscus:

And then I found this really cool website that will randomly generate fantasy names ā†’ https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/witch-names.php

I refreshed it a few times but couldnā€™t find one I liked. Iā€™ve always been drawn to the Willow tree though, and the name Willow in general. Maybe thatā€™s a name I should think aboutā€¦ :thinking:

18 Likes

**CHALLENGE ENTRY

Edana (little fire)
As a child Iā€™ve always been in awe of fire. I love the way it looks, the way it smells when you extinguish the flame, the way it sounds crackling and the way it seems to dance. The flame would sorta hypnotize me. If I was ever in a down mood I could stare at the flame and feel at peace. If I was angry I could use it to burn a piece of paper, or start a fire in the fire pit and just let the sound of it crackle, the flames dance and it would just relax me. When I stare at the flame long enough I feel as if I am the flame like Iā€™m dancing with the fire. So when I saw this challenge I knew I wanted something associated with fire. I went and started looking and found Edana on tumblr.com. When I saw this name and its meaning it really stood out to me. 1. Because itā€™s associated with fire 2. It means Little fire. I find that fitting since Iā€™m just starting out on my Wiccan journey, Iā€™m still new still a ā€œlittleā€ witch. So I find this name perfect for the time being, maybe it will change maybe it wonā€™t. But for now I found my witch name and I love it! This challenge was a perfect way to go soul searching and I love that I was able to take a trip down memory lane! Thank you!!

20 Likes