šŸ•Æ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of Candles and Flame

Iā€™m glad youā€™re back able to read, Ben. I canā€™t imagine not reading!

I named him after a silver cat I used to have, heā€™d sit with me while I watched Werewolf alone at night, back in the day when Fox was starting out.

5 Likes

He is! LOL. Heā€™s my protector.

5 Likes

Ooh minecraft is fun! I play with my son. As for the not being able to sleep and having nightmares, I do understand that. Iā€™m sorry you struggling with this :pensive: one of the couple meds I do take is for night terrors. Itā€™s called prazocin. And it works wonders! I used to have sleep paralysis, flashbacks, and Iā€™d scream and fight in my sleep but wouldnā€™t remember. Iā€™m on a really high dose but it definitely helps after years of being a guinea pig, figuring out what works and what doesnā€™t. Anyway, I wish you all the best with this issue.
By the way, beautiful statue and nice shelves!

7 Likes

For me this week was a challenge, I thought of making my own candle then since I didnā€™t have everything I considered doing a spell from Advanced Candle Making Magic bye my favorite Ray Buckland!
First I had to figure out what I needed most since there has been so much going on I decided to do a purifying spell!

I Incorporated a lotus flower in the spell to as well because I love the symbol of Lotus and I put a intention to purify myself with the Clear quartz since it magnifies everything! I needed it to use it for its healing properties to and it cleanses!
This spell called for a puppet and instead of using a stuffed puppet I just cut from a book I bought that gave me a pic of it
I cut out the puppet and put some mugwort on it! I didnā€™t have time to stuff the mugwort in the doll like I wanted!
Also I didnā€™t have ruby and replaced it with Rose Quarts! I had to substitute a couple things but it went pretty well! Hereā€™s a pic of the Lotus ! image|340x500

Personally, I am glad that I did this purification because now I feel like I am a stronger person being a caregiver youā€™re always having to take care of yourself so you could take care of others!
I really feel good I did it step-by-step and there were a couple things as far as the puppet goes that didnā€™t exactly go with the directions however I made it work for me and I feel like I did a good job. I felt a little overwhelmed at first but after cleansing myself in the shower and asking for purification that helped! calling the quarters dressing the candles doing everything step-by-step I feel confident it worked! Thanks to you all I had the energy to conjure up to take care of me! Thanks so much for helping in my journey! I am learning to love myself and enjoy life! Today I went to the craft store and found some tools for crystals and for my candlemaking and Iā€™m really excited I feel like I really am growing in regards to my spiritual path!
Jeannie

9 Likes

I love Pookie, @Amethyst! :heart_eyes: May he always protect your computer from malware and mice :grin:

Iā€™m so glad this challenge resonated with you, @praecog29! Your altar is gorgeous- I hope it helped to connect you with the Lord and find the sense of grounding you need. And hooray for reading and Minecraft! Treat yourself to some fun and joy :blush::+1:

It looks like the picture didnā€™t upload all the way, but I am sure it is beautiful @Susurrus! May the Legal Blessings Spell bring you success quickly- you did a wonderful job with the spellwork! :sparkles::clap:

Absolutely gorgeous, @Jeannie1! :blush: Such a beautiful ritual- your setup is breathtaking. And I love the lotus flower holder in the middle! I also love lotus flowers- they have such a strong yet calming presence :heart: Iā€™m glad the spell helped bring you strength and confidence- you really did a great job with it! Thank you for sharing your lovely spellwork, it is a pleasure to see :candle::two_hearts:

6 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you to all candle-enthusiasts who participated! :candle:

A Props and Presents post with shoutouts and prizes will appear shortly- keep an eye on the main page of the forum :eyes:

Well done to all and blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Hi @Limeberry! Sorry for the delayed reply. The jars pictured are, L to R, for mental and emotional healing (pink wax), to ease my transgender daughterā€™s transition (beauty and transformation)(purple candle), and for health (lt. green/turquoise candle).

In general, I like to layer my ingredients starting with white salt for purity, black salt for protection, then loose herbs, small stones or charms, and lastly larger plant items like flowers, sprigs, and petals. This makes all of the ingredients lay together nicely - as long as you donā€™t shake it! LOL

Ingredients are based on the intention of the jar and what I have on hand. I have a book of correspondences (https://www.amazon.com/Llewellyns-Complete-Book-Correspondences-Cross-Referenced/dp/0738732532) I use to identify what ingredients go with my intent. For instance, I might look up ā€˜Healingā€™ and then skim for items I already have and select stuff that justā€¦feels good together. I choose the candle color based on the correspondences as well.

To get the lovely drips around the top, I hold the candle and drip it deliberately before I stick the candle on top (if it will fit).

Thanks for the compliments to you and all who liked my pic! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Lovelovelove. Thank you so much for sharing! The layering is just :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Being a trans girl myself, that really puts a smile on my face! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So much love and respect for you and your daughter! :purple_heart: :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Awww @CelestiaMoon !! Giant mom hugs coming your way :purple_heart: I can only begin to understand how difficult it often is to be trans in this world. This is my small way of trying to help. Sending you lots of love!

8 Likes

lots of love and hugs right back :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart:

It can be a difficult existence, but also beautiful in a really unique way, just like being a witch can be. Having a mom who loves and supports no matter what is such a blessing, I was lucky to have one too. She moved on to the next world three years ago but still lives on in my heart in this one :heart:

5 Likes

Mine is here :heart:

A Flickering Flame Sparks Joy :candle:

6 Likes

@Amethyst Hope all goes well - I like your spell. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Krista moon,
I like your :fire: flame!!!

6 Likes

Loki Star,
Very cool :sunglasses: and creative! I would like to try this sometime! Looks really good and t Love the intentions in your work!
Beautiful and bright lights and very colorful!
Blessed be
Jeannie

7 Likes

Limberry,
I love your candle work it gave me soo much inspiration!! You always are so short but sweet!!
I Love :heart: your support, always gives me inspiration!!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Thanks, @berta! Iā€™m trying to go in with the feeling that itā€™s already a done deal. I just worry. LOL.

4 Likes

I burnt a white candle ingraved with the word PROTECTION to protect my Taz when he was goneā€¦and now he is home safe and sound. Unfortunately I cannot post any pics of my candle burning right now :frowning:

5 Likes

No worries about the pictures, @Katt! :blush: Iā€™m glad your protection candle worked and that Taz is back home safe and sound :dog::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing!! :candle: Iā€™m so happy that your pup is back home!!

4 Likes