📜 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of Goals and Intent

My situation changed, so I decided to make a grid for happiness and gratitude. I used rose quartz, amethyst, aquamarine and clear quartz.

7 Likes

I wrote down my intentions for the New Year in my journal and then lit a white candle, put on Woke Nation to cleanse negative energy bring in positivity, then I used rose and cinnamon in a pot on the stove, and just as it was coming to a boil I brought it to the bathroom with me and took a nice shower and then poured the water from the pot over me afterward and said, I love my self fully and send all negativity away from me. I will appreciate myself and be good to my mind and body. Then I got dressed and feel very relaxed and calm today.

5 Likes

It’s great to see everyone’s intentions for the New Year!

@Amethyst The chant you wrote was perfect and here’s to lots of more creative writing and creative living in the new year!! :clinking_glasses:

@praecog29 This is a perfect time for a love spell. Wishing you a year filled with love! :two_hearts:

@Susurrus Release, purification, and health to you! :pray: :raised_hands:

@christina4 In the words of Walter Mercado, “Un año que viene y otro que se va”! Salud! :tada:

@Jeannie1 I admire your enthusiasm and great faith! I know that everything you do with that energy will be manifested this year!

Let’s use our own energy and our own power to attract more blessings, luck, prosperity, health and lots of love in 2021!! :smiley:

8 Likes

I agree! More blessings, health and love! :sparkles::revolving_hearts::sparkles: And rest in peace Walter Mercado! He said it best! Salud! :sparkler:

4 Likes

Thank you kind sir! I’m hoping to write more this year. It’s a goal at least!

2 Likes

@Jeannie1 and @Susurrus, I really need to get back into :writing_hand:t4: journaling. It sounds like it has been useful for you, especially for this challenge. Krissie, your focus on Good Health, Prosperity, and Positivity is something we all need in 2021. :slightly_smiling_face:

@christina4, I love your crystal grid - with its intentions, too.

@Amethyst, may the deities you honor (or the universe) bless you with continued creativity.

I know I already talked about my crystal set up for this challenge, but as I mentioned in (Group Ritual - Dec 31) 🌟 New Year's Group Ritual!, I am allergic to cinnamon. Instead of modifying @BryWisteria’s wonderful ritual to fit my autoimmune, I went ahead with a time of meditation and reflection after casting a circle for protection and manifestation.

Tonight I ran three candles for my 2021 and a single :candle: candle for both digital/spiritual friends on Spells8 and for friends in my flesh and blood life.

The candles for my 2021 were

• a brown candle to bring my focus to the north, to earth, to grounding
  • a purple candle to invoke the Goddess :waxing_crescent_moon: :full_moon: :waning_crescent_moon:
  • a blue candle to remind me of the west, my sign as :cancer: - I need to ground throughout 2021 but I don’t want to forget the powerful water sign.

The single green candle for my friends for prosperity in the following year. So many faced setbacks in their lives and any bit of money or material blessings could bring some ease to their lives. I know this won’t bring healing to those that need it but it may help rest their minds for at least one worry.

Love you guys. :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart: May 2021 be a far better year than this one.

8 Likes

My intention
Self Discipline and breaking through all of my bad habits and restraining to any of my compulsions. I want to transform all my weaknesses into strengths. So mote it be!
What I did was I meditated underneath the moon and it turned out really beautiful! I counted 9 stars and had a candle outside feeling the moons energy fill me up! I felt a scene of peace.

This year I intend to go back to my meditation Christina referred and then I will allow myself to sit with my suffering! Something I don’t like but is good! I will do yoga and allow all my senses to arise around me! This is my New Years resolution, which will be hard since my grandmother is in the hospital right know. While I meditated I listen to my heart and my heart told me to be brave. I also made some bath salt! From silver Bear Relax Witch! Was amazing! turned out that my intention to love myself is already emerging. I left all my crystals outside for the moon to recharge.

I felt much better knowing my moon water was ready for the new year and my crystals are recharged. After I did my meditation and took a bath I drew the moon down and asked mother gai to assist me my journey of discovery with Mother Nature. Allowing myself to be with nature which will heal me!
Just to let you know I wrote everything down so I would be ready today! I didn’t save my file. Such a bummer! I feel like I did my best and eventually it will come to me like Riding a bike. Ow yeah This year I am going to use my yoga practice to help with my breath! I also used the full moon ritual and did a lot of journal writing! For the cold moon, I worked on my workings 12-29-30 was a full moon !
I wanted to share my experience with you!
Happy New Year!I can here the fireworks ?:boom: I love that song by Katie Perry Firework!
Blessed be!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Thank you, @Susurrus- wishing the same to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The simmer pot sounds amazing- I think you are all ready for a fresh and blessed new year :sparkles:

Another beautiful crystal grid, @Christina4 :gem: Hope you are doing well and that your new year is blessed with the happiness and gratitude you seek- you deserve all the good feelings! :heart:

Wise words as always, @Francisco- cheers to that! :clinking_glasses::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It sounds like you had a perfectly lovely and wholesome ritual, minus any allergins- I’m glad you had a lovely NYW, @Praecog29! :hugs: You are so kind to light a candle for everyone- thank you :sparkling_heart: Lots of love to you too- cheers for good things to come in 2021!

You have some lovely and inspirational intentions, @Jeannie1- thank you for sharing your positivity and determination! :clap: Riding a bike is a good analogy- and we were able to get through the bumpy road of a rough year! Thanks again, sending lots of good wishes back to you. Enjoy the fireworks and any celebrations- have a very Happy New Year, Jeannie! :fireworks::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m hoping to write some today.

4 Likes

My New Year’s Day was wonderful and very relaxing. I felt so good today like things are falling into place the way they should and everything is going in the right direction. I had such a great day today.

5 Likes

Journaling really has helped me. I write about whatever comes to mind and if there’s nothing I write that and then something always pops up for me to write about. It makes things that are happening less heavy and I have figured out the answers to some things by writing them out and then they start to make sense. It’s been a great release for me.

You’re candle ritual sounds lovely and well thought out. Great job & I hope the new year is starting off really well for you too.

5 Likes

I had an interesting experience this New Year’s Eve that helped find some worthy goals to set for this beginning year, and not just for myself but for my father too.

There’s a very old tradition of molybdomancy that’s been associated with divining how the following year is going to look. The method as it’s usually practiced here is melting a horseshoe shaped piece of tin on a stove and casting the molten tin into a bucket of cold water. The resulting object is first examined as it is, and then it’s time to look at it in front of candlelight and interpret the shadows it casts.

That’s not what we did this year though, partially because the kind of (leaded) tin we’ve used is no longer available, it not being very healthy to breathe lead vapors and all that. Probably a good call :grin:

Instead I did my very first tarot reading with another person! I used my Crystal Visions deck which I feel very attuned to. At midnight in candlelight I shuffled the cards and spread them out on the table face down. When I was satisfied with the spread I told my method: focus on the question you want to ask the cards and slowly move your relaxed left hand over the cards, palm down, feeling the energy, and when you feel your ring finger being drawn towards a card, pick it up and lay it down in front of you face up. We did a very general one card drawing for each, and it also felt right for both to draw another one with a more specific question.

I’m going to respect his privacy, but I can tell my reading. First I got a knight of swords, which to me told where I’m struggling in my life. I tend to get frustrated very easily, and my defenses are constantly up, like a knight who’s always keeping their sword out ready for enemies that are nowhere to be seen. Maybe because of this I can seem forceful and overbearing at times.

That very much conflicts with the kind of person I want to be, so I asked the cards how can I do better. Ace of Swords, reversed. How I interpreted it was: It’s not something I can just do overnight. But what I can do is to learn to let go, lay down my sword, observe without judgement. To allow things to run their natural course and be more mindful when to act and how, instead of trying to maintain constant control.

I’m going to do just that. Also I noticed that I’m still getting Swords a lot. I remember @MeganB telling me that it’s a sign I’m spending a lot of time in my head and I can definitely see that. Bringing more balance there is another good goal for this year.

A fun thing that happened to my father I can tell though: he asked if he can draw another card, “just for fun”, “to see if they support the ones I got” etc. and I told him that it doesn’t really work that way. He kept asking and I said sure, go ahead, let’s see what happens. He drew a card, burst out in laughter and showed it to me. It was the cover card that very much looks like the kind of card that comes with board games, containing the rules to the game! :joy:

5 Likes

Hey Brianna,

I did the Cold Moon Spell yesterday. I had a really nice experience lighting the two candles of the spell. This year I have done too much banishing spells, but definitely was my moment for this. I had no silver candle on my altar, so I had a white candle for the Goddess. I also placed the Empress card and a glass of water. The energy of God and Goddess was intense, so I saw an aura form from the two candles. It was like a :star2: supernova emerging from the gold and white candle.

6 Likes

On NYE I gathered my little family (Mum and Sister) and we made 2021 intentions/affirmation jars! (Inspired by the fabulous @SilverBear)
This is the first time I did something properly witchy with my family and after a brief moment of ‘…whaaaaat???’ They totally embraced it! Everything was cleansed with palo santo, we lit a white candle for cleansing, purifying and new beginnings and wrote our personal positive intentions for the year in present-tense form which we could read to ourselves in a year’s time as positive affirmations.
I brought out my big box of herbs and shared some of their properties, we all added a few to our jars to boost our intentions (lots of sniffing, giggling and fun)
I poured my crystals out on the table and asked them to choose a couple before I shared their healing properties. Amazing choices- both Mum and Sister’s crystals matched their wishes and needs perfectly!
We sealed our jars, ate some Birthday cake (I aged :joy_cat:) and drank some champagne, sharing some good wishes for eachother for the coming year before snuffing out the white candle.

I poured a little of the wax on top and carved 2021 :blush:

10 Likes

Yay for first time rituals with family and loved ones! :blush:
When they get deeply and sincerely into it and all the gnawing doubts are released it can really be a transformative experience for everyone involved! :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Limberry<
I absolutely love all your good intentions!! You and your family look like a sweet bunch! Looks like we are going to have an amazing new year! Its a good start I would say and love how you shared your jar full of herbs with the stamp 2021! You are a firework!
Always and forever
blessed be
Jeannie

8 Likes

First of all, may everyone have a great new year -wish you all the best for 2021 and hope this year comes forward with a positive change for humanity, full of love, compassion , prosperity, abundance, but most importantly health. May we say good-riddance to Covid-19 once and for all on this promising 2021…

My ritual was very simple, i did a bay leaf intention that @Silverbear, generously shared on the forum. (Thank you!) Since i had to work I left my tools and crystals outside for the :full_moon: moon to energized. When I got home, I quickly performed the ritual/spell. I lit quite a few bay leaves. Meditated over my intentions- waited them to cool and blew them into the cold, windy night. I also made some moon-water. Most of my ritual was about being grateful. I organized and cleaned my Altar. I have to say I spent some time meditating, a little each day. I’ve also been having some really lucid dreams. My tarot cards have been right on with everything that’s going on in my life. Overall, was a calm NYE, which i really enjoyed. Nice to reflect on my goals for the year. Was nice to throw out and donate old stuff and clean my apartment. This year I was on a very tight budget. Therefore, i had to be thrifty and crafty on presents. I bought a couple of nice frames- printed photos for friends, as well as printed my own Christmas cards. Blessed and consecrated their gifts. Felt great to be able to infuse cleansing magic into their gifts. ( Never did this before) Tells me how much I’ve grown in the craft! (Thank you Spells8!)

The best of 2021 for all!
Blessed be.

9 Likes

I’m so glad you had a nice New Year’s and that your journalling is helping you find peace and sanctuary, @Susurrus! I also love journalling and agree it is a wonderful release :open_book::relaxed:

Thank you for sharing about molybdomancy, @CelestiaMoon- it sounds fascinating! :star_struck: I always love learning about new forms of divination- although it sounds like you made the safe choice to divine differently this year :+1: It sounds like your cards had some helpful and humorous advice for you- nicely done! :flower_playing_cards:

Beautiful, @laura6! I’m so happy to hear the Cold Moon Spell went well for you and you enjoyed a lovely connection with the God and Goddess :blush: Perhaps this is a good sign for things to come in the new year! :candle::star2:

It sounds like you had a great time welcoming in 2021 with your family, @Limeberry - how fun that you all made spell jars together! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you had a wonderful birthday and that all of your wishes come true in the new year :birthday::two_hearts:

Thank you for the warm wishes, @walter- the same to you! :sparkling_heart: Your bay leaf intention ritual sounds lovely and I am sure it feels good to enjoy the newly cleansed space! The pictures are lovely- look at that stunning moon :full_moon::sparkles: Congrats on your growth in 2020, may 2021 bring even more growth and many more blessings for you- love and light! :candle:

7 Likes

A friendly reminder:

:grey_exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :grey_exclamation:

Thank you to everyone who has joined in and shared their 2021 intentions and manifestations!

For anyone who has not yet contributed but would like to, please share your magickal goals for the new year by TOMORROW: Tuesday, January 5th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Happy New Year and Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Hey @laura6 :hugs:I haven’t seen you in a while. Hope you’re having a good new year :sparkles::gem::sparkles:

7 Likes