šŸ¤ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - One Witch to Another

@christina21 awwww so sweet of you. Thank you :hugs:

13 Likes

@anon87969570 I donā€™t just think youā€™re wiseā€¦I know you are!Iā€™m so grateful to know you

12 Likes

Iā€™m happy to know you, too!

12 Likes

Christina21,

Blockquote

I feel you, itā€™s really hard for me too to allow people Iā€™m my life too! You know we are here for you! I am thankful too, and happy youā€™re happy :blush:
Blessed be!
Jeannie

15 Likes

I love the sound of ā€œWine & Witchcraftā€- Iā€™ll have to check the Sunshine State Witchā€™s videos! Thanks for sharing, @Missa :wine_glass: :grin:

Welcome @carmen3, and thanks for sharing about your spiritual advisor! It sounds like they had a lot of powerful advice about mindfulness and personal energy. You have a very wise advisor! Many thanks back to you for joining in the challenge- blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

Cheers to that, @steph! Gaining control over your mindset is an amazing part of the Craft. Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful bit of witchy wisdom! :sparkles:

Beautifully said @Peaches! Iā€™m so glad you were able to find someone with a similar situation and were able to gain confidence through Benjaminā€™s shared stories. Thanks so much for sharing! :two_hearts:

I am so glad to hear that the challenges have been helpful for you, @Kasandra- that makes me really happy :blush: And cheers to that- Iā€™m praying for the same! Thank goodness there are folks like you and Benjamin who suggest fun challenge suggestions :pray: Lots of love back to you!

Lots of love back to you @Christina4- Iā€™m so glad the daily devotionals have been so helpful for you! May your practice continue to grow and bloom beautifully :sunflower:

That was a beautiful reflection on your mother and her key role in helping to build your practice, @moonshadow :blush: It sounds like her healing energy and natural magick (even if she doesnā€™t identify it as such) has helped to form your own talents and beautiful magick. Thanks so much for sharing your story and also those gorgeous places and photos! :heart::national_park:

That is a beautiful story @RyuWyn- your great-grandma was a truly amazing lady! Iā€™m sure she is still watching over you :pray: Thank you for the shout-out, Iā€™m so happy youā€™ve found the challenges to be helpful! :hugs: And no worries at all- Iā€™m glad you were able to do the aura challenge in your own personal way :blush: Wishing the same- lots of love and light back to you! :two_hearts:

Thanks again to you, @praecog29, and to Abs as well- I had no idea you had help with the inspiration! Itā€™s a great theme, so thanks again to both of you for sharing it :pray::blush:

Beautifully written as always @Amethyst- and you are so kind, thank you for the shout-out! I canā€™t tell you how happy I am to hear the challenges have helped you like that- Iā€™ll continue to try my best in the hopes that you will continue to enjoy them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Many blessings back to you!

Well said, @IrisW- thanks for sharing! You are already a wonderful witch who continues to grow and bloom every day- the coven is grateful to have you here too! :blush: I know thereā€™s an overwhelming amount of content out there, but if anything does come to mind then feel free to share it :grin:

So glad to hear that, @JasmineTheBlueJ! :raised_hands:

Your kindness is contagious @anon87969570- thanks for sharing the positivity! Iā€™m glad youā€™ve been learning and growing and that youā€™ve enjoyed your time in the coven so far. Wishing the same back to you- so much love and light! :sparkling_heart:

Beautiful shout-out to your aunt, @Christina21- you are blessed to have each other to share wisdom and practice magick together! Thanks for sharing your warm thoughts :blush:

17 Likes

Everyone has done such a beautiful job with their shout-outs that I doubt I could even come close to expressing how much gratitude I have- for each and every one of you! Even with all my favorite adjectives that I find myself exhausting every day here in the forum, I donā€™t think the message would fully carry across lol :laughing: :heart:

If there was some way to tag the entire group (@coven, anyone?) I would do it right now!

Know that while Iā€™m not able to respond to everything, I do read every post that is shared here in the Spells8 Forum. So I can say fairly confidently that Iā€™ve picked up something or other from everyone whoā€™s posted- whether itā€™s a bit of witchy wisdom, something new in general, or even just a smile from a kind word or nice post.

Thank you to everyone for all the wisdom and kindness that you share! :blush:

And with everyone thanked, I want to give a special nod to a few fellow content creators who really go above and beyond with what they offer to the forum, day after day, week after week, with amazing dedication:

To @MeganB, who often shares amazing wisdom posts, runs the weekly Freebie Fridays, and hosts the Zoom meets.

To @Praecog29, who keeps the Energy Exchange Circle and all the love it holds running.

To @Silverbear, for the constant gift of meditations, recipes, and other treasures.

To @Christina4, for the daily inspirational messages that start the day off right and the abundance of crystal wisdom posts shared.

To @Amethyst, for the fun weekly recipes and delightful Tarot Haiku Poems.

And, of course, to the amazing @Francisco for not only creating this wonderful place and all the wisdom it holds, but also for all of the hard work you constantly put into crafting new content- every single day. Words arenā€™t enough to cover everything you give to the Spells8 community!

With things in general shared, I do have one specific bite of witchy wisdom that really made a difference in my practice that Iā€™d like to share with the coven :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

For anyone who doesnā€™t already know her, The Green Witch on YouTube has been amazingly inspirational for me and I highly recommend her channel to other witchy folks (especially anyone new to the practice looking for reassurance and simple spellwork) :green_heart:

13 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: August 31st, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :handshake: :infinite_roots: :heart:

11 Likes

Thank you my dear, Iā€™m glad my recipes and haikus make such a difference to you! :blush:

10 Likes

Thank you to @Francisco for creating this site, spells8 has been essential to my survival and I wouldnā€™t have met so many lovely people and one very very special person if it wasnā€™t for this sites existence :two_hearts:

I plan on responding in more depth tomorrow morning to all the people I have learned from; I feel a bit under the weather tonight so Iā€™m planning on an early night.

Thank you for all the mentions. I love you all.

11 Likes

@Abs53 i hope you feel better

9 Likes

Feel better!! :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

I was hoping to respond to each of you individually. This logistics of my overseas trip and an illness in my family have changed those plans but I want you to know I read every response and I can feel the love we have for each other in :infinite_roots: Infinite Roots. Within our coven, we are each otherā€™s friends, teachers, students, and family. This challenge proves that to be true.

I wish I could flesh this post out more and give a proper thank you to everyone that Iā€™ve learned from over the past year. Please know I love all of you and itā€™s through you Iā€™m constantly being challenged, Iā€™m always evolving and growing, and Iā€™m learning new and wonderful things. Thank you.

Knot magic is something I never knew anything about and Iā€™m still challenged to learn more concerning it. Thankfully, through the Craft Magic Challenge and the Spells and String Magic Challenge, Iā€™ve found plenty of resources to help me grow.

I remember @Jeannie1 and @Rowan creating beautiful Witches Ladders for the latter challenge. Thank you.

This was @BryWisteriaā€™s entry for the craft magic challenge but it was referenced in the knot magic challenge.

@Abs53 started a question about knot magic that led into many helpful ideas.

Franciscoā€™s Wise And Researched Response

TheTravelWitchā€™s Amazing Handfasting Ritual Response

@Francisco provided this bracelet idea as his entry to the knot magic challenge.

@MeganB shared a twisty bracelet to make as a part of spell work, too.

Iā€™ve learned more than I ever knew I could learn about the craft through each of you. And with every new thing I learn I find a dozen more questions I never knew existed. Spells8 is full of knowledgeable, loving people willing to share their particular giftings with the rest of us. For that Iā€™m forever thankful.

10 Likes

Iā€™d like to thank Spells8 coven for new friends, new family, new lease on life.
Bright blessing to you all.

12 Likes

In the absence of being able to settle on a more serious witchy topic, Iā€™ve decided to do a shout out to @MeganB for this thread:

During a time when I was struggling with my mental health and trying not to drink alcohol making these hats kept me busy and focused.

I am drinking again, but not as much, and I needed a distraction to help give me that break for a month to stop the self destructive pattern I was in.

And they look really cool :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Iā€™m happy for you @IrisW, I remember those hats I made two of them. A gray & a black one, I enjoyed making them as well. I hope you are in a better place now & able to move forward :heart:

9 Likes

What an excellent topic. Of course, Spells8 has been enormously educational and influential to me in my journey. I learn so much on the forum and I am especially grateful for the witchy challenges because they motivate me to be more active with my practice when life becomes hectice for me. If there is one witch who has influenced me, it probably was a friend I had who normalized the actual status of being a witch for me many years ago. She was the first practicing witch I ever met in person and she gave me my first tools. I wish I could find the link to a website I used before I found Spells 8 but I canā€™t find it. That is the resource I first used to cast circles. I made the ritual my own but having a template to work with gave me so much confidence in the beginning. I have mentioned Nikki Van de Car and her beginning book on witchcraft (Practical Magic) before; that has been so helpful to me. I also used Amy Cesariā€™s books to organize my Book of Shadows and draft my correspondence chart, which I have expanded with information from The GroveandGrotto.com blog and other websites. I am one of those people who is enamored of charts, LOL. I especially like the tutorials and information shared by Jenna from The WhiteWitchParlor.com and on her YouTube channel. She is so accessible and positive. I tried to connect with some local witches but I encountered some dark energy among some of them and that scared me back into being a solitary. But I hope one day to be able to connect in person with people who share these practices. Until then, I am grateful for my online coven.

10 Likes

Oh I love these patterns. I have some yarn and crochet hooks I bought early on the pandemic but havenā€™t carved out the time to learn. I hope I can do it this winter. I have a BIG head. Likeā€¦no hat in stores fits my pumpkin head. So my head is always cold in winter. I wonder if these patterns kind of er stretch? to fit a big noggin?

11 Likes

Iā€™ve got the opposite problem, tiny head so lots of hats in shops are top big. Great thing about crochet is being able to adjust weight of yarn and hook size to make something suitable. The first one I made was way too big but playing around Iā€™ve got it right now :blush:

11 Likes

This challenge was that one challenge I had a lost for words for that person or persons who have shared their knowledge and teaching with me for the past time as I walked my path. I must say I definitely have gained some sort of teaching from one witch or another in my life.

Whether it was a family member, or figure in my local community I must say every last one have contributed their teachings which assisted me in reaching this level. With all that being said I send nothing but love and gratitude your way.

Where there are family, friends or the forum to help us grow, I do find that self intuition and has help to guide us through, we just need to believe in ourselves.

Even ourselves :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This qoute right here speaks millions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and from me to you, I want to say a hearty thank you to all.

Blessed Be :dizzy:

15 Likes

I feel like I have learned so many things in the short time that Iā€™ve been here, but one that sticks out for me right now is what the The Travel Witch said about Calendula.

https://forum.spells8.com/t/opening-up-calendula-flowers-for-oil/13356/3?u=brightbear

Another one is what SilverBear here:

https://forum.spells8.com/t/spell-suggestions-all-hands-on-deck-please/13379/2?u=brightbear

There were more, but these are the ones that I can think of at the moment.

12 Likes