Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Props and Presents (History's Heir) 📚

Great job to everyone who peered into the past for the 63rd Weekly Witchy Challenge :books:

History of Magick Spells8 Challenge

To all those who explored magickal history this week, here is a special shout-out for you! :loudspeaker:

In addition to new experiences, everyone who participated has also received the prize of a shiny new title:

:books: :face_with_monocle: History’s Heir :woman_mage: :scroll:

You worked hard for your new title- wear it with honor! :star2:

How to put your new title on display:

1. Look at the top right-hand corner of the site and click on your avatar/picture
  2. When the drop-down menu opens, click on the person (:mens:)
  3. Then, click on the next gear symbol (:gear:) /“Preferences”"
  4. Scroll down the page until you see “Title”. In the small drop-down box, select the title of your choosing
  5. Click “Save” at the bottom of the page

There are many possible titles you can earn through interacting on the forums. Your chosen title will appear next to your username , and a full list of your earned titles is on your profile in the section “Badges” .

Enjoy- the badges you earn are trophies of your magickal accomplishments! :trophy:

From the New Yorker: Famous Historical Witch Hunts

There are some very dark moments in witchy history- but rather than turn away, there is a lot to be gained and appreciated from exploring how far the Craft and those who use it have come. To all those who explored magickal history of all types- great job!

Hopefully you enjoyed the theme this week- whether it is or isn’t something you normally focus on in your practice. By trying new things and exploring the entries of fellow coven members, the hope is that this challenge helped you to enrich your Craft :sparkles:

Thanks again for joining in! :tada:

(And thanks again to @Susurrus for the challenge idea!)

From History Daily: The Origin of Crystal Balls

For challenge-seekers or anyone who missed this week’s challenge- no fear! There will be another challenge coming very soon . Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums for an announcement :speaking_head:

Blessed be! :books::sparkles:

13 Likes

There was a really excellent title suggested by @Kasandra that I considered for this challenge, but after a bit of thought- I felt it fit better with a different challenge (as not everyone explored negative aspects of witchy history). I’ll be keeping it secret, keeping it safe for a future challenge theme :wink: :heart:

12 Likes

@BryWisteria ty for the new badge. I needed a shiny new title

9 Likes

Thank you for the badge :blush:

7 Likes

Oh, thank you so much for the new badge! I really enjoyed this one because I got to learn more about what went on where I grew up!

7 Likes

Thanks so much for the new badge! I like my Word Witch one but I like having the option! LOL! Thank you, dearheart.

7 Likes

I love my Empathetic one, every time I think I might change it, something happens that reminds me at my core I’m an Empathetic person & that’s just who I am. I understand the conundrum, but the collection is nice to have because who knows, 1 day we may want to change it, even if it’s for a short time.

7 Likes

¡Gracias! Que bonita medalla :moyai:

6 Likes

Thank you for my beautiful badge, :blush:.

5 Likes

:laughing: No worries! “History Heir” is still a nice title. I pray that one day all witches can openly practice without the fear of persecution.

6 Likes

Thank you for the badge. :pray:

4 Likes

That’s how I am with the Word Witch one. It just fits.

5 Likes

Thanks for the new title.
Have you though of a study of the/your Gods?

6 Likes

You’re very welcome @phoenix_dawn, @TheMuslimWitch, @Susurrus, @Amethyst, @RyuWyn, @Rowan, @Kasandra, @pedros10, and @Garnet! :heart: Congrats to all the Heirs of History- you are living legends! :partying_face:

Cheers to that, @Kasandra- so mote it be! :raised_hands: :woman_mage:

Thanks for the suggestion, @Garnet! :two_hearts: There was a Gods and Deities Challenge (Dealing in the Divine) and a Moon Deities Challenge, but they were a while back and working with deities is indeed a very popular topic. Perhaps it’s about time for a similar challenge around deity work! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks!

10 Likes

Thank you Travel Witch I learned a lot about Witchcraft and am happy to know more about history over the years! Thank you for my badge!
Jeannie

5 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Jeannie1! I’m glad you were able to add new knowledge to your practice :blush: Thanks for joining in the challenge! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks @BryWisteria

5 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Princess_Tara :heart:

5 Likes

This post is for a closed challenge- but no fear! Visit Activities to join current challenges and other fun forum happenings.