Weekly Witchy Challenge – Sniff, sniff – Smells like Magick! Challenge entry - Garnet

Weekly Witchy Challenge – Sniff, sniff – Smells like Magick!
Challenge entry - Garnet

What a wonderful subject. Thank you Kassandra!

I love smells. I always have, even as a little one I would search our huge lawn for flowers.

Often I would find wild strawberries. (That’s from the year Mama planted them and when they went to seed, it was like an explosion. Tiny sour strawberries but pretty flowers Dandelions and wild violets. Sigh…

In the autumn we had a wild flower that locally we called Indian Paint Brushes, reds and yellows. Spring daffodil’s and the ever aromatic Hyacinths. Roses, Rose of Sharon, My childhood was filled with beauty and flowers.

As an adult the old snozzola became more refined. That was when I realized Cow manure wasn’t really country perfume. It stinks! and :poop: is still :poop:!

As a budding middle teen my oldest brother got me a bottle of Prince Matchabelli, Wind Song. It was the loveliest cologne I ever smelled. I still wear it and I’m…well let me put it this way Moses was the first and last desert boy I dated. (The smell of sheep was baa d’.)

Well, fast forward to now. I married a sailor and well, never mind, it’s a long story.

You want the smell of Magick?
Wind Song is timeless. It has floral fragrance and a combination of coriander, orange leaf, bold cloves, subtle carnation and sweet amber–I would try to make it but my alchemy isn’t to be spoken of, I’d probably blow up the house.

Musk essential Oil.
Looking up musk oil I found this great site.
https://naturallydaily.com/musk-essential-oil/They were kind enough to give us a recipe if you want to make Musk-essential-oil
Originally it came from the sex glands of the Himalayan musk deer. But in 1979, the glandular secretions of musk deer was banned to prevent the loss of this lovely animal.

Now they use multiple essential oils. And also has health benefits as well.
It can reduce anxiety and is AH-mazing for meditation.
It can cover body odor.(Ever wonder why European perfumes are so strong? After WWII there was not only a scarcity of soap but of clean water. When these things became readily available, they were cost prohibitive. When I lived in Germany in the 70’s You had to pay more money in hotels if you were American because you bathed every day. Apartments? You paid per liter for water. It became very expensive. Therefore heavy earthy perfumes became all the fad.)That was not an insult just an old tale I heard from older G.I.'s.
It is Good for Skincare. But that too may be just the carrier oils,
Musk Essential Oil Can Treat Colds.
It May Cure Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Musk Essential Oil May Treat Arthritis.
It Has Neuroprotective Effects.

Create musk essential oil at home:

• Take an eight oz. glass bottle.
  • Pour four oz. jojoba oil and one oz. ambrette seed oil.
  • Add five drops of each of rose, cedarwood, patchouli, and amber essential oil.
  • Finally, add ten drops of each of frankincense oil and myrrh oil in it.

Moving on, I love rose oil, I’ve often tried to make it but end up with a jar of moldy roses. Woe is me…

Vanilla, yummy . Mama used to let me wear vanilla extract when I was little and I thought I was just ‘all that’!
But did you know that used in aromatherapy it can lift your spirits and sooth your soul. It can enhance libido…I’m not going there…
Vanilla helps with sleep and combines nicely with lavender.

.**Sunburn Relief Lavender Oil Blend (Spells8)
.INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup cold bottled water
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 6 drops lavender essential oil
  • 3 drops chamomile essential oil
  • 2 drops yarrow essences
  • Mix well and apply as needed
    Nice recipe but in mine, I would hold the vinegar and use instead strong cold tea the rest is wonderful. Thanks for the recipe

Lavender as medicine? You bet.
It relieves stress and anxiety, may reduce brain swelling and may help with chronic pain.
Much of this I got from “Enhance your Mind, Body and Spirit”
Bright Blessings and love
Garnet

6 Likes

Garnet, GARNET!!! You are killing me here :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I always wondered why I could smell perfume so strongly on the trains and buses here, especially when I usually have a pretty weak sense of smell. That could explain it! :astonished:

Perhaps this is slightly related, but we found a French soap store the other day and the smells are divine :ok_hand: :sparkles: I think it’s partly because the soap smells way more intense than the soap in the US does (at least in my opinion).

Thanks for helping me put two and two together! :wink:

Sounds like you’ve got a good nose for scents, Garnet- I’m gonna have to keep an eye out for that “Wind Song” perfume, you are really selling it! It sounds great and I would love to try it out someday :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Lovely recipes and memories you share m’dear! Thank you so much!

5 Likes