⭐ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Star Magick

A merry meet to all!

Well done once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge- Your Magickal Roots :footprints:.

After looking back on who we are and the journey so far- it’s time to turn our gazes upwards to peer back at those who have watched over us from far above :milky_way:

The theme for this week’s challenge is…

:star2: :milky_way: Star Magick :sparkler: :dizzy:

While Moon Magick is a much-beloved aspect of magick, the twinkling lights that surround Her are are often overlooked. Now is a wonderful time to familiarize yourself with these potential sources of both power and inspiration!

This challenge is about learning from and drawing on the magick of the stars.

Are you ready? It’s… CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

STEP 1 : Up Above the World So Bright… :dizzy:

There are many ways to explore the magick of the stars. Here are just a few suggestions to help get you started:

:milky_way: Astrology: The Zodiac

The position of the celestial heavens at the time of your birth can lead to exciting revelations about yourself. There are many ways to examine the 12 Zodiac Star Signs and explore your destiny.

For astrology beginners, start with:

Once you understand the basics, consider finding your Sun Sign, Moon Sign, and Rising Sign! Knowing your sign means you can find the Guided Zodiac Meditation for your personal sign.

Guided-Zodiac-Meditations-750x500

You might also explore your Astrological Report Chart and/or your full Natal Chart :scroll:

:star2: Star Spells

Whether you choose to draw on the starlight, the energy of the stars, or the image of a star- there are many possibilities for spellwork!

de826fd2cdb28bc286559f5ba097e6f6
[Star of Love Spell from Pintrest]

Candle Pentagram Breaking Spell

:star: Star-Shaped Magickal Tools

It can be said that an item’s magick can be captured in its image- perhaps that is why many magickal tools and items take on the shape of a star! You might find your own starry items or consider learning about these:

Star Anise: Spiritual and Magical Uses

Tarot Card: The Star

Star-Tarot-Card-Upright-Reversed-Meaning-750x500
@Amethyst has a beautiful haiku exploring The Star as well!

Pentagrams and Pentacles

Inverted-Pentacle

:person_in_lotus_position: Heavenly Meditation

There are so many benefits of meditation- such as better sleep and higher focus during the day. Consider following along with a star meditation, or design your own magickal heavenly meditation :relieved:

Guided Meditation for Sleep: Floating Amongst the Stars

Here’s a beginner/child-friendly star meditation that’s great for if you have a small apprentice who wants to meditate with you :family_woman_girl:

Star Energy: Mindfulness with Bari Koral

:raised_hands: …and More!

Feel free to let your creativity shine brightly with this challenge!

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

No matter how you choose to tackle this challenge, you must share your experience!

Please share:

• Your experience learning about and/or using star magick in your practice

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

2021-03-09T06:00:00Z CET (Central European Time Zone)

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

May the warm light of the stars guide your path- lending you power and endless inspiration

Blessed be! :star2::heart:

13 Likes

Not being into astrology too much, this one will be difficult for me. I’ll just have to be creative! :star2:

8 Likes

I loved learning about the zodiacs for the Elemental challenges, I’m said I missed the Elemental Mastery challenge, I will make that 1 up though. I think I am going to do my birth chart with the birth chart of my significant other and see how they line up and write about my signs in alignment with the stars when I was born and when he was. I think that falls within the scope of the challenge and will be very interesting! I am enjoying looking into the zodiacs.

8 Likes

For this challenge I’m working on my numerology charts and am excited to delve in to find more out about myself

9 Likes

I reviewed my birth chart for this challenge to find out where my planets and houses were lying and I am going to compare it to @Abs53 astrology post WC 1st March - Mars enters Gemini & Last Quarter Moon in Sagittarius

When I was born, my Sun is Scorpio, my Moon is Virgo, and my rising is Capricorn.

As far as the other planets and the houses

Mercury is in Scorpio
Venus is in Libra
Mars is in Leo
Jupiter is in Cancer
Saturn is in Leo
Uranus is in Scorpio
Neptune is in Sagittarius
Pluto is in Libra

I also looked at the which houses the signs are in for me:

House 1 Capricorn :capricorn:
House 2 Aquarius :aquarius:
House 3 Pisces :pisces:
House 4 Aries :aries:
House 5 Taurus :taurus:
House 6 Gemini :gemini:
House 7 Cancer :cancer:
House 8 Leo :leo:
House 9 Virgo :virgo:
House 10 (MC) Libra :libra:
House 11 Scorpio :scorpius:
House 12 Sagittarius :sagittarius:

Then I looked at which houses were in which houses

Sun X(MC)
Moon in IX
Mercury in XI
Venus in IX
Mars in VII
Jupiter in VII
Saturn in VIII
Uranus in X(MC)
Neptune in XII
Pluto in IX

I have a chart that is a little bit of everywhere, but that’s what makes me so unique. In response to @Abs53 suggesting that we see where Mars lays in our charts, my Mars is in Leo & that means, " Mars in Leo individuals possess a strong need to create in some way—and they are determined that their lives have not only meaning, but significant meaning!" Mar & what it means in each sign

I have Scorpio :scorpius: in a few places along with Cancer :cancer: and Pisces :pisces: in a couple of places. My significant other’s sun sign is Aries :aries: and I have Aries :aries: in House IV. I will have to do a more detailed report of his chart. I was going to compare the 2 for this challenge, but I need a little more information from him to do his chart.

I think it’s interesting that I have a bit of each of the elements in my chart. At first glance it looks like a good mix of the signs in the stars and planets. I have quite a bit of the water signs in my chart, with Scorpio :scorpius: in 4 places, Pisces :pisces: in 1, and Cancer :cancer: in 2 places.

I left out Lillith, N Node, & the Fortune & the exact details where my chart is derived from.

Growing up I learned a lot about being a Scorpio Sun, I just didn’t know that we were talking about my sun. I thought that was an overall sign. I had never looked into a birth chart and that there were other influences such as the moon (Virgo) and rising (Capricorn). I’m learning what each of them mean in each place as it relates to who I am, from what I have read, I can’t say that I disagree.

11 Likes

Hmm, thinking of exploring my Natal Chart for the first time for this challenge. :grin:

8 Likes

@Kasandra you can get a free one at Free Reports/Natal Chart and there are others on there for numerology & compatibility and a few others. I think you will like it. You can save the reports or print them out too!

7 Likes

Thanks, krissie! I just found a site on Google and bookmarked my Natal Chart, but I’ll check it out again on the link you sent me!

7 Likes

Oh, you are very welcome. I just did my Numerology chart on that site too & printed it. These things are all so interesting to me. I can’t wait to read through the whole thing

7 Likes

This is cool! I’m going to do something that helps me connect with my Star Goddess. I like the stars a whole lot. I’m thinking a good ritual with a new Star Goddess Prayer is in order. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ve taken a great deal of astronomy in my life and done well with it. I’ve read a great deal on astrology too but I could use a touch up.

I’m looking forward to this one. Thanks for posting such an interesting challenge!

8 Likes

@colin you have me excited for your entry! I can’t wait to see what you come up with. I have never taken astronomy but I have always loved learning about them & just, gazing at them at night while I’m looking for the moon.

6 Likes

I agree! I enjoyed seeing the balance and harmony in your chart.

If you haven’t done it yet, I recommend that you visit Astrodienst. In their Horoscopes page if you scroll down to where it says “Personal Portrait”. It will show you a quick report with information about each aspect of your chart.

8 Likes

Ooooohhh this is a little bit of me this one :joy: I’ll get thinking :thinking: :star2:

5 Likes

Good thing creativity is a huge strength of yours, @Amethyst! Looking forward to seeing how you explore star magick :blush:

That sounds awesome- enjoy, @AliceInWonderdab! :star_struck:

Beautiful break-down of your chart, @Susurrus- and thanks for the helpful resources too! You have really found yourself at home with astrology and your readings- it is so fun to hear your interprations and how they reflect your life! Great job! :sparkling_heart:

Very exciting- good luck, @Kasandra! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is a perfect challenge to draw on your connection with your Star Goddess, @colin. It sounds like you have a lot of wisdom as an astronomer- I can’t wait to read your entry! :hugs:

You’re an astrology master, @Abs53! I’m really looking forward to seeing what you come up :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you @Francisco, I will look into that because my chart has a little bit of everything in it! I keep reading parts then connecting it with the houses and trying to make more sense of it, but I get lost reading the rest of it. I was amazed that it was 22 pages long! I will definitely look into the site that you recommended though.

@BryWisteria I was always interested in astrology but never realized how much went into it & I get so excited reading about the signs and planets and houses. It’s really interesting to me. You’re so welcome for the resources, I don’t mind sharing my finds with my coven family!

7 Likes

I’ve just completed the Capricorn meditation for my sign and I feel so grounded and ready to run towards my goals!
I envisioned a rather craggy mountain bike with lots of snowy peaks but as I got higher it started to get nicer, flowers cropped up on the rocks.
The birds seemed to fly extra slowly as if to remind me to pace myself.
I’m really looking forward to journaling and hopefully coming to a deeper understanding

9 Likes

Here is my Natal Chart! Born on August 26th, Virgo :virgo: here! I’ve only ever read my horoscope from time to time, so this was very interesting to look at!

Sun in Virgo :virgo:, Twelfth House

Ascendant in Virgo :virgo:, First House

Moon in Cancer :cancer:, Eleventh House

Mercury in Libra :libra:, First House

Venus in Libra :libra:, Second House

Mars in Virgo :virgo:, First House

Jupiter in Cancer :cancer:, Tenth House

Saturn in Capricorn :capricorn:, Fifth House

Uranus in Capricorn :capricorn:, Fourth House

Neptune in Capricorn :capricorn:, Fifth House

Pluto in Scorpio :scorpius:, Third House

Some additions I found on my Natal Chart on another site:

Moon in Cancer :cancer:

Lilith in Libra :libra:

N Node in Aquarius :aquarius:

Some of my friends and family have said they possess little or no characteristics of their Zodiac sign, or what their Natal Chart says, but I think many of them fit me to a T, such as:

“Your Ascendant is in Virgo, meaning you come across as precise, diligent, peace-seeking, and organized.”

I’m definitely not a confrontational person, and I wonder how things could become disorganized.
:laughing:

“Your Mercury is in Libra, meaning your intellect sees both sides to every situation.”

Oh, yes, this is what I do when I look at issues the country is facing (the US in my case).

“Your Mars is in Virgo, meaning, you’re rarely willing to go out on a limb — your tendency to be intentional and analytical means you need to know that the situation is right before you act.”

This explains why it took me a few months to become a member of Spells8.

5 Likes

Oh that’s so interesting! I love it! I have Lillith in Gemini in the 6th house and my N Node is in Libra in the 9th house! I didn’t add those in, but they were in my chart.

I enjoyed reading your interpretations for Mercury & Mars too!

I’m reading through my entire birth chart and my numerology chart today!

6 Likes

I’d really like to have someone do my natal charts~I’ve done it on the free site but I’m not sure what to do with all of the information.

5 Likes

I’m loving all of the birth/natal charts. :star_struck: @Susurrus, @Kasandra

Meditation sounds perfect, @AliceInWonderdab. That’s what I did today. :slight_smile:

@Amethyst, @colin and @Abs53, I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

I love when the Group Rituals and the Challenges line up perfectly for me like this. As part of (Group Ritual - Mar 4) :balance_scale: In Like a Lion, I’ve been thinking a lot about balance in my life this week. I had a perfect storm :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: of ups and downs last week and needed a lot of love and light sent my way. (Much of this is brain chemistry and thankfully my medical professionals seem to have adjusted my medicine after that roller coaster :roller_coaster:ride.) I’m thankful for all of that positive energy but the episode reminded me how tumultuous my mind can be without the balance of science and magic in my life.

@SilverBear has provided so many wonderful videos on her YouTube page and she’s linked them here for us. (We really need a wiki just for her videos.) I found a couple that I really needed as I wait for the science/medical part to finish fully kicking in. After watching some videos, I did a meditation (Java Chip coffee charged and in hand, of course :yum:) using my blue goldstone.

For those that don’t know, blue goldstone is a manmade stone created from the combination of glass and copper. To many it reminds them of the stars in the sky and is used for wishing, always seeing the positive side of things, and for stopping the influence of the past over you.

10 Likes