🌝 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Strength of the Full Moon

Warm greetings to all!

Well done once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch-Up :running_woman:

After catching up on challenges of the past, it’s time to look ahead- into the strength and power waiting in the days soon to come.

The theme for this week’s challenge is…

:full_moon: :sparkles: Drawing on the Strength of the Full Moon :muscle: :dizzy:

Working with the moon is one of the most popular aspects of magick, so your challenge-making mod tries to plan one moon-themed challenge into each set of challenges between Catch-Ups.

And with the glorious March Full Moon blessing us this weekend- it is a great time to enhance our natural strength and abilities with Her light :sparkles:

This challenge is all about using the time of the full moon to enhance your magick :muscle:

Are you ready? It’s… CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

Step 1 : Finding Strength from the Moon :full_moon:

While each phase of the moon carries different symbolism, the Full Moon is when She is at her most powerful. Due to the strong energy at this time, many spells and rituals recommend casting during the full moon.

The Spells8 Full Moon Magick Page says the following about this potent moon phase:

The Power of all Magic is truly at its peak, this lunar phase is key to either accept or reject projects, transformations, and manifestations that we initiated during the New Moon.

Casting spells in this cycle, if done correctly, can have great results. All sorts of rituals, Magic practices and spells are enhanced by the Full Moon . :sparkles: From love spells, wealth attraction spells, protection rituals, good luck cleansing, to spiritual baths, it’s the most powerful time of the month and a wonderful opportunity for parties, night dates, public events, inaugurations and celebrations of all kinds.

[From Spells and Things to Do on a Full Moon]

Each of the 12 Full Moons of the year has a special name and deeper symbolism. This weekend, we will be blessed with the March moon- the Full Worm Moon :bug:

You can learn more about this special moon on the Spells8 Full Worm Moon Page.

Full-Worm-Moon-Ritual

There is plentiful magickal energy and countless spiritual possibilities waiting to be tapped into with the full moon’s light!

Here are just a few ideas about how you can strengthen your practice with full moon energy this weekend:

:sparkles: Full Moon Spells

Spell-for-Motivation-Strength-Power-750x500
Full Moon Spell for Strength and Power

Full-Moon-Wiccan-Protection-Spell-750x500
Lunar Protection Spell

:candle: Full Moon Ritual

Specially designed for this month, there is a Full Worm Moon Ritual available for you to partake in.

Full-Worm-Moon-Chant
[From Full Worm Moon Ritual]

The full chant, printable page, guided meditation, and more information can be found on the Ritual Page.

:pray: Worship a Moon Diety

There are many moon deities to explore! Here are a couple you may consider:

Selene-Wiccan-Devotional-750x500
Moon Goddess Selene

The Wiccan Triple Goddess

:gem: Work with Moon Crystals

Selenite-Activation-Moon-750x500
Selenite

:funeral_urn: Make Moon Potions

Full-Moon-Oil-Witch-Recipe
Full Moon Oil

How-to-Make-Moon-Water-Magick
Moon Water

:raised_hands: …And More!

As such a beloved part of magickal practice, the possibilities and pathways for drawing on full moon energy are truly limitless! Feel free to pursue this challenge and let your creativity shine brightly :full_moon:

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

No matter how you choose to tackle this challenge, you must share your experience!

Please share:

• Your experience using the full moon to enhance your magick

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

2021-03-30T05:00:00Z CET (Central European Time Zone)

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

As the moon grows in strength and beauty, so too may your inner powers and magickal abilities shine brightly

Blessed be! :full_moon_with_face: :heart:

17 Likes

An additional note:

To find the exact moment the full moon is at its peak in your location, you can enter your zip code on the Old Farmer’s Almanac Moon Calendar :calendar:

And in case anyone is worried about not being able to catch the full moon- no worries!

You can potentially draw on full moon energy for a few days before and after the full moon reaches its peak brightness :sparkles:

More details about this can be explored in this post about the moon’s illumination :full_moon:

Love and Light! :heart:

8 Likes

Oh I like this one. I was thinking about what I was going to do for this full moon because things are going really well for me after I made my decision & I would like to keep it that way. I just printed my areas moon information from the Moon Calendar link that you posted.

With the full moon on the weekend, Peanut can help me bring out my crystals to the table on our back porch. I’m really excited to get them all out there. I will poke around Spells8 & see what I come up with to do for it. I want it to be special though.

I am going to make Moon Water too! I am running low. I am going to really think about what to do for this one as a ritual or spell. I :heart: this challenge

7 Likes

I am so going to make moon oil :black_heart::raised_hands:t2:

9 Likes

Since this full moon is on the weekend, I have a whole thing planned from a Relaxing Bath (Shower), a spell, making moon water, & charging my crystals under the full moon. I want to do the guided meditation after the spell. I printed the things I am going to do from Spells8. I’m really excited about this one. :hugs:

8 Likes

If it’s not cloudy (and it looks like it will be since the forecast calls for rain this weekend), I’ll make moon water and do the Full Worm Moon ritual!
I’ll have to put my moon water up though because when I made some last month, my cat jumped up on my altar and drank it all, even though she had full bowl of clean water. :laughing:

10 Likes

I’m sure a cat can tell the difference, being a creature of night and all! :smile_cat:

It’s been some time since I last made moon water, I’m excited to make some again! And moon oil too, that’s a new one for me. And I think I have just the recipe to combine those two! :white_heart:

8 Likes

A curious question popped into my head… would it make any sense to mix moon water from different moon phases?

9 Likes

Oh that’s a good question! I’m curious as well! :thinking:

7 Likes

Sounds like my cat. I just have the one window in my apartment that gets good light and he’s always jumping up to see what I’m doing in his window. LOL

9 Likes

Full Moon Characteristics :full_moon:

• Emotions, Creativity, Love, Relationships, Removing Psychic Blocks, Protection, Good Luck, Self-Confidence, Abundance, Energy, Animals

Crystals/Minerals/Gemstones :full_moon:

• Moonstone, Labradorite, Clear Quartz, Selenite

:full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face:

Chaste Moon / March 28th 2021 :full_moon:

• AKA Seed Moon, Crust Moon, Worm Moon
  • Spring is here!
  • Cleanse spaces, Mental clarity
  • Motivation, Luck, and Power spells
  • Aquamarine, Bloodstone
  • Green, Yellow, and Purple

Seed Moon / April 26th 2021 :full_moon:

• AKA Pink Moon, Wind Moon, Egg Moon
  • Reflect, evaluate, and keeping track of your path(s) in life
  • New Ideas, Growth, and Changes
  • Career, Power, Money, Love, and Improvement Spells
  • Selenite, Quartz, and Agate
  • Red, Yellow, and Blue
9 Likes

It sounds like you have many exciting things in store for the full moon, @Susurrus! I hope any ritual or spell you choose goes well, and that you have a wonderful time making Moon Water! :full_moon: :droplet:

May your Moon Oil bring you many blessings, @AliceInWonderdab! Enjoy :sparkles:

Ohh noo @Kasandra! Perhaps your kitty thought the Moon Water was much more tasty than the water in her bowl :joy_cat: A good idea to put it up high this month!

Awesome information on this and next month’s full moons, @Missa- thanks so much for sharing your wisdom! :blush:

Ohhh @CelestiaMoon, that sounds exciting! :star_struck: I hadn’t considered combining Moon Water and Moon Oil- would you mind sharing the benefits/properties of that combo? I’m very curious to learn more! :full_moon:

I would say it depends on your purpose and your skill with mixing potions :urn:.

Knowing that each moon phase has different magickal properties, each Moon Water could be considered as a separate ingredient or element of the spell. I don’t see why you couldn’t mix and match to make a blend that suits the purpose of your spell.

For example, for someone hoping to Get rid of the negative energies of an ex, they could consider:

-1/2 bottle of Waning Gibbous Moon Water (banishing, cleansing)
-1/4 bottle of First Quarter Moon Water (healing, dealing with the emotion of love)
-1/4 bottle of Full Moon Water (power boost, spell enhancement)

[Picture from Spells8 Moon Magick]

I’d say the idea of mixing Moon Waters can help fine-tune your blend to exactly suit the needs of your spell! It opens the door to many new possibilities. Thanks for bringing this up, @CelestiaMoon! :grin: :full_moon:

9 Likes

Thanks for putting this together :relaxed: if I can’t remember or don’t have it in my BOS, I google it. So that’s a big help.

7 Likes

Yes thanks @CelestiaMoon I was curious about this as well.

7 Likes

You’re welcome, and thank you @BryWisteria for the detailed explanation! :full_moon_with_face:

I’m intending to mix a smooth and creamy emulsion out of the Moon Water and Moon Oil using an emulsifier, I’ve done it a couple of times before now with regular water and oil and the color and consistency reminds me of the gentle light of the Moon :blush: I have just the essential oils in mind too, I’ll show you some pictures and a recipe when it’s ready! :white_heart:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness it sounds stunning! :heart_eyes: I hope you have a wonderful time making this moon-blessed mixture. Can’t wait to see the pictures and recipe when it’s done! Enjoy :full_moon: :heart:

6 Likes

@CelestiaMoon I’m excited to see what you come up with & the recipe for it! I’m sure you will do a great job! I can’t wait to hear more about it!

6 Likes

Lol well I guess your cat is now a really Witchy Kitty!!

7 Likes

Ohhh lovely :heart_eyes::blue_heart:

I’m posting tomorrow about the full moon in Libra so I’ll use that as my entry if that is OK?

:rice_scene:

7 Likes

Coven Friends,
For this challenge I will use the full moon oil. I am going to be ready for the next full moon!

I even got some charms for my bottles! You should see my bottle collection! I have a lot of bottles! I go to thrift stores or to the dollar Tree for mines!

Know I just need to get my spell ready for the full moon! Which charm is the best for the full moon oil?
Jeannie

12 Likes