šŸµ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Tea & Infusions

Reading this challenge, totally got me into a tea (and infusion) mood. Went to the grocer today and bought these (some of the other teas Iā€™d like to try out, going to order them online because the grocers around me donā€™t carry them, but going to receive them way after this challenge ends):

The Group Meditation rituals was the first time I used tea with my meditation, as part of a ritual. I would drink tea before doing things, even meditating, but it wasnā€™t something I consciously incorporated or made a part of my practice or disciplines in anyway. Today is Thursday, so am going to participate in the Group Meditation, as soon as Iā€™m able to, but most likely later today if not earlier. Iā€™ve been running solo with my meditation for awhile, especially with this pandemic, so itā€™s nice to partake in it with others. And does make the process of making and drinking tea a lot more special!

Reading this challenge, learned the right word to describe using other plants besides tea and that is infusion.

And this definitely brought me back to one of my earlier questions, @BryWisteria recommended tasseography. I looked into it lightly, something that has brewing in my mind since, Iā€™ve pushed it back a lot of times. With this challenge, and the upcoming weekend, Iā€™ll read more about it.

12 Likes

Hey Danni!

So, participating in the challenges is as simple as writing a post or comment here about your experiences with teas, infusions, and magical blends. These challenges are deliberately open-ended to cover the bases of any flavor of witchcraft and magical practice. @BryWisteria can correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I believe even this comment you made can count as participation since youā€™ve talked about how you use and drink tea :tea:

11 Likes

Ooh tea,my favourite :teapot:

8 Likes

@MeganB @Amethyst thank you both xxx

@BrightBear Oh I totally love antique-ing! Mum and i usually just have one sole purpose in an antique store. Itā€™s either ceramic dachshunds for mumā€™s collection or purfume bottles for me and totally neglected the poor little teacups.

*side note. EBay dangerous. Very dangerous. I need more adultier adult supervision! There is just so much stuff thatā€™s causes the ā€œooooo I want that oneā€ factor.

But having actually bought a teacup and saucer, stopped looked at it properly and appreciated itā€¦ I just honestly realised how truly pretty an object they are. They are just so dainty and delicate. I dunno they just have a graceful and pretty kind of vibe. I can totally get it in an instant how easy it would be to collect something so pretty. They would be beautiful on display.

Iā€™m sure that you would have some absolutely beautiful ones. With amazing little life stories beofre they came to join their new family. Goddess I love antiques. I hope you do dig them out and they give you a little bit of joy when you unwrap them. They probably have missed you too :hugs:

10 Likes

Ah, @BryWisteria, I am loving this challenge!

I drink tea nearly every day at least once a day. Today, I am in the midst of preparing depositions, exhibits and witness lists - I am not a lawyer and it is HARD! Also, has my bank account has taken a beating. So I took some time to prepare a justice and prosperity altar and spend some time with Jupiter over a cup of tea. I dressed blue and green candles with cinnamon (success and prosperity) and primrose oil (for truth). There are also crystals out, of course - aventurine, quartz, citrine, heck they are all there ā€“ I am not leaving anything to chance. Tonight at the hour of Jupiter, I will cast a circle and perform some legal spells for justice to come to me and my son but for now I am having a tea break ā€¦ because I feel crazed with stress and fatigue.

I made black tea (because I am getting sleepy) and put Jupiter spices in it - nutmeg, clove and cinnamon. I am hoping the clove will ward off some of the badmouthing from my exā€™s attorney! I had a honeysuckle tincture and since honeysuckle is also associated with Jupiter, I put a couple of drops in the tea. It sure smells nice in here now. Honeysuckle - abundance, success, persuasiveness and confidence. I could use all of that right about now!

Soā€¦Justice tea? I did my best to concoct it :slight_smile: It was fun coming up with this fragrant brew. Back to work!

16 Likes

I put together a paper 3 times and all three times my CPU ate it. I think it was a sign not to do it. Oh well, an exciting topic, but Iā€™m going to bow out this week. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

I love this meme. Donā€™t tell grandma how to swing cats.

12 Likes

@Garnet Iā€™m sorry that you decided to bow out this week, but maybe just give it another try and maybe wait until another day. I usually always put it down on paper and wait until a day before or that day to enter my challenge post. My moto is Never Give Up. :hugs:

12 Likes

I found a couple that belonged to my mom today!! I canā€™t even begin to tell you how much I need this extra connection to her today! I am missing her even more than usual lately. Thanks for being the catalyst to this beautiful connection, @jessica72! :heart: :sparkles: :heart:

10 Likes

Hi @Phoenix_Fire! Yes, @MeganB is absolutely right (thank you, Megan! :heart:). Challenges are designed to be open so that everyone can participate in a way that best aligns with their unique magickal practice :sparkles:

Every week, the goal of the challenge (aka what is required for your entry to count) is listed under STEP 2. The goal this week is here:

From your post, I can see that youā€™ve already shared quite a bit about how you like to use teas in your practice, and also how you were going to incorporate the magickal properties of green into your Thursday tea- that is fantastic! :tea::blush:

I know the challenges can be intimidating at first, but please rest assured that there are no wrong entries- so long as your post is clearly made with the intent of entering the challenge, I am happy to count it. And you will get a shiny new badge for your efforts when the challenge ends! :trophy:

Thank you very much for sharing your magickal tea experience and for being a part of this challenge! :star2: Blessed be!

14 Likes

Oh cool. Yay! So hereā€™s a more idea of my tea routines generally (Though as I said if I know i needsonwyhing on a day not correspondent to that day I will use it mostly if anxious n needs some chamomile tea).

Monday - chamomile tea (white)
Tuesday - hibiscus and rooibus tea (red)
Wednesday - lavender tea (purple )
Thursday- green n mint tea ( or peppermint tea that I just picked up cause they didnā€™t have the one I got last time but still green ) ( green)
Friday - rose etc tea ( sorry i threw out box so canā€™t remember what else was in there) ( pink)
Saturday - black tea (black )
Sunday- ginger and lemon tea ( yellow)

I try to use the colour correspondence as close as can and Iā€™ve even tried celestial seasonings fruit tea sampler which had different herbal teas and if it matches colour Iā€™ve tried to match it to day. Trying to match the colour and energy as much as I could each day. Itā€™s one way I can look after myself through a small ritual daily of herbal tea and itā€™s become a daily ritual. Along with charging crystals each night. Iā€™m even wearing pink shirt and drinking rose tea atm as I right this. Today is my day for Freya so I feel rose tea is fitting and even got pink candle burning at moment and added rose incence as drinking tea, though sometimes itā€™s just the tea n maybe the coloured candle.
As for the running out of the green n mint tea, I was excited to find a big 40 bag box of peppermint tea as far as green coloured teas, the green n mint or green tea I like but peppermint like as well. . N itā€™s a big box so will last lot longer that that 10 box I got last time.
I use recycled mocconna coffee jars to store my different teas which I like cause I also feel also that Iā€™m helping environment by recycling. Which I try to do if I can.

I also reflect on the tea Iā€™m drinking and the deity I relate to that day and how it might connect me to them and the energy of the day as well.

15 Likes

The meditation that I found wasnā€™t a tea meditationā€”self love and appreciationā€” but I did drink some hibiscus tea :hibiscus: with lavender and rose essential oil diffusing. I started looking at listings for the job Iā€™m studying for and I learned that there are a couple of qualifications (programming languages) that I still need to be proficient in. One will be easier for me to study since I already have some experience with it. The other will take a few more months of studying. I started feeling frustrated and impatient, because Iā€™m eager to get hired for this job. So, I did that mediation to give myself a break, to remind myself that Iā€™m dedicated to my studies, and that I will reach my goal, eventually.

14 Likes

WEEKLY WITCHY CHALLENGE - Tea & Infusion.
I donā€™t know if this qualifies for the Challenge: teas and infusions. But I did find the whole subject of great interest.

I found a new book, Plant Spirit Medicine by Eliot Cowan - 1995
Plant Spirit Medicine is a form of spiritual healing rooted in ancestral traditions that combines classical Chinese Five Element theory with the indigenous practice of calling upon plant spirits to heal. Plant Spirit Medicine recognizes that like humans, plants have spirits, and their spirit has the unique capacity to touch and heal the spirit of a human being and restore us to our own essential nature.

Plant Spirit Medicine differs from many forms of herbalism in the importance it places on the relationship between the plants, the healer and the client. Our ancestors lived this wayā€“ an existence in which there is no illusion of separation from nature. They would make friends with the spirits of nature and call upon them for healing and other everyday affairs

This ancient practice, long forgotten in the West, has now been remembered, revitalized, and reintroduced by American healers (not board certified M.D.'s) and shaman, Eliot Cowan, and has proved as effective in todayā€™s world as in times past. Modern people are once again turning to plants for guidance and for their ability to heal us in body, mind and spirit. When we take the time to build a relationship with them, they give us what we need to live a much deeper and richer experience of our life.

The concept of plants having a spirit isnā€™t new, but is making a come back, the ancient Chinese, Aboriginal Shaman, even primitive Witch doctors used this relationship. The site I found on the subject offers training to become a healer in this practice.

Iā€™m not really sure how much difference there is between the way they use herbs and spices and what we do, we use plants to heal too.

*They have an online training course where students develop the capacity to understand what a client needs at a fundamental level, as well as the skills to provide it. The will learn the Classical Chinese Five-element worldview. (5 elements, sunshine, earth, air, water and wood. The ability to see, hear, smell and feel what a person really needs at a core level; i.e.: traditional pulse diagnosis . If youā€™ve ever watched a period drama from the Far East, the Emperor would summon the royal physician, and the doctor would take the patients pulse. Supposedly they could tell if a woman was pregnant. If there was a stomach ailment, a pulmonary disease, etc. Then, Said physician would prescribe a concoction, Tea, syrup, whatever was needed to cure the illness diagnosed.

Thanks for letting me bending your ear.

Garnet

*(Plant Spirit Medicine Healer Training Course | Plant Spirit Medicine).

12 Likes

Hello :wave: and thank you for this lovely challenge! I have been meaning to post but Iā€™ve been packing away!
I wanted to share with you all how I was inspired, on utube from Mintfarey she used :corn: corn silk
Inspiration for a tea spell
I had to bye this tea :tea: so I could use it for Tasseography and I used mugwort for my divination in my tea all the time. I just got this really good herbal tea by Tijuana it is white chocolate peppermint! It is the bomb :bomb:!
I opened a circle and protected myself of course then I took a sip of my tea and then stirred it counter clockwise to ward all negativity and then I went clockwise to bring in prosperity!
I lit a green candle and I lit a green candle because green is for prosperity! I want to bring good luck :four_leaf_clover: during my move and find a home too! So I did a tarot reading as well! I think you guys should really try the corn silk it is really good for divination! I tipped over my cup just like Travel Witch suggested Counterclockwise and clockwise. And I drew a Pentagram with my wand. I wrote my wish on my mirror for the spell!
Then I tried my best to find pictures and find out what spirit wants to say and I saw the crossroads in my reading and I saw a happy face so I think there is going to be a windy road head but I see a dog and I am protected by Hekate!

I used Everyday Witch by Deborah Blake! I love the pictures and it is similar to the Rider Waite Deck!
Jeannie

14 Likes

For this challenge I decide to find out what the most popular kind of tea is in the countries of my ancestors. I recently had a DNA test done because my father was adopted and we recently found out one of my great-great-grandfather was illegitimate. I did my best to find out what I could but I may not be correct. That said here we gooā€¦
In England its either English breakfast or earl grey.
In Germany, black tea.
In Mexico itā€™s hibiscus tea.
In Spain, coffee is tea apparently.
In Ireland Barryā€™s classic black tea blend is most popular.
In Puerto Rica it seems to be hibiscus tea.
In Peru, Altitude Tea made with coca leaves is very popular.
And last, in Saudi Arabia, mint, dried lime, or sage tea; all are very popular.

14 Likes

Oakey dokey artichokey I had a go at Tasseography. This was my first ever go. I totally regret buying English Breakfast tea leaves. Lol Iā€™m not a tea drinker or a coffee drinker so my tastebuds had a lesson. I should have bought a fruity blend. Mum was going to be my guinea pig but she wasnā€™t feeling up to joining me so I had a go all by my onsies. I really think that I didnā€™t leave enough liquid or I put in too much tea leaves to start with. The instructions said one teaspoon for one teacup so thatā€™s what I did.

Anywho I managed. I focused on this feeling that I have had on and off lately that my scumbag of an ex is planning on trying to come back. Basically for those who donā€™t already know he is a total narcissist and just used me for my money for 15 years. I found out he was cheating. Again. And he chose his new girlfriend over me but wanted the whole ā€œwe can still be friendsā€ crap. He just didnā€™t want to give up my money.

I was going to do a three card reading along with my leaves but 4 cards fell out of the deck as I was shuffling. This is how they landed. If my deck wanted to give me 4. Ok Iā€™m not going to argue.

The bloody Magician looking right at me. I have always associated my ex with the Magician card. But now I have my brand new Game of Thrones deck and the Magician card is Lord Baelish (Littlefinger). He is a total master manipulator and known as ā€œthe master of coinā€.

Ace of Cups - reversed: Emotions are suppressed or run out of control, so you may feel blocked, neglected or overwhelmed. Represents imagined insecurity about the future.

The Magician: Littlefinger - As number 1, The Magician stands for the individual and the ego, the ā€œIā€. An arch manipulator, driven to succeed while others suffer the impact of his lies. He reflects both the upright and reversed meanings of the tarot Magician.

The Empress - reversed: Imbalance in relationships and finances. You or a person near you may need to be less controlling, and money needs managing.

Nine of Coins - reversed: can show disputes over spending and materialism. This may be down to you or because a partner is irresponsible with money. You may need to protect your home at this time.

credit of tarot interpretation to Liz Dean - author of guidebook for Game of Thrones Tarot

I didnā€™t see much in my leaves left in the teacup but I did seem to find a $ sign in saucer.

Internally start singing Money, Money, Money (by Abba) He wants my money.

13 Likes

To further my daily herbal tea I am trying a both practical and magical solution to a situation where I discovered Iā€™d been underpaid for the job that I was supposed to operating at. Short story. I tried to explain more n this gets long n I get worked up n delete or scrap what wrote. Iā€™ve printed of documentation to support my case n got stuff together for this workingā€¦ But I had to cleanse area before did the working cause I want a peaceful resolution to this. I prefer to give benefit of doubt that they just didnā€™t realise than it being intentional so before I start Iā€™m trying to make sure in right mindset but while I do, im giving writing this another shot.

Ok so Iā€™m making a herbal honey/syrup just with golden syrup as thatā€™s what I had. Iā€™ve seen a calming honey version done on you tube once so using the idea of a herbal honey/syrup I got to figuring what herbs I needed using my bos of herbal magic from this site . I chose the following teas

1. Lemon n ginger ( I was already making as itā€™s Sunday so I just put aside a bit to add to mix and drinking rest)
  2. T2 sleep tight which has lavender, lemon balm, rose and jasmine
  3. A cup of my new peppermint tea
    Iā€™ve made the herbal tea , just waiting on last one to brew and will put a bit of each into the mix n bring to boil on low heat in a small saucepan.
    Then Iā€™ll add cinnamon and a tad coffee storing in intention all the while then after a bit add to a jar.
    I can have it in my herbal tea instead of sugar, have a teaspoon each day or put on toast. Iā€™m still working on a name for it so I can easy identify what itā€™s for but one I accidently came up was ā€˜peaceful solution for fair payā€™. Not sure but maybe itā€™s an ok name lol Of course I got a lot of herbal tea left over after Iā€™m done with what I need for mix so looks like itā€™s going to be a real herbal tea night tonight lol. Iā€™ll put the correspondences below and if like to know where I got idea from it was the green witch on you tube. Just a video Iā€™d seen ages ago n suddenly after I stopped stressing about finding a spell to help I remembered that video and that I had golden syrup n then got to working on the herbal teas n herbs to add to it. Hereā€™s the herbs n correspondence ( intention).

Prosperity ( to get fair pay)
Ginger
Cinnamon
Peppermint

Protection ( to protect job when raise issue with management )
Lavender

Love and joy ( to acknowledge my own worth as a person, care about my wellbeing in standing up for myself in fair pay for the level of responsibility Iā€™m required to do and not being taken advantage of but also for peaceful solution to the issue).
Rose
Lemon
Cinnamon

Oh and tad bit of coffee to help with speedy process.

I think last tea had enough time to brew n Iā€™m feeling calm my cleansing incence almost done burning down so I think Iā€™m ready to start this. I believe in the ingredients n correspondences but I just hope it tastes ok :joy:

13 Likes

Found a problem with my new concoctions. It taste so good just wanna eat it out of jaršŸ˜‚resisting the urge Iā€™ve had enough of it for one day. I can have more tommorow though. Definatly a recipe I can try again even if not for specific situation but in general. Itā€™s got a good taste, I wasnā€™t sure now letā€™s so how it stores n helps managers a positive outcome. I even include few extra cards in my 7 day spread to get insight on the outcome of the spell. I have the druidcraft tarot deck which Iā€™m learning to get the hang of. I think one thing picked up was that there may be a delay but itā€™s just started so it may take more than this week to resolve. So Iā€™m worried n Iā€™m going to trust the process. Now time for sleep. Iā€™ve had so much herbal tea today both in drink form n the herbal syrup ( which goes well on toast btw. ) lol was a good outcome to something had started on a moment of inspiration just using what I had on hand.

12 Likes

I do a tea blessing every day I have tea. It goes like this:

Goddess of the roots and leaves,
hear me now and listen to me, please!
The water gets stirred and the sugar dissolves,
let this tea be infused by your love and resolve.
Bless me with your patience and donā€™t stray,
stay by my side throughout the day!

I also did the Quick and Easy Tea Blessing on my tea this morning so it was doubly blessed! Just wanted to make sure. LOL!

10 Likes

With this weekly challenge, my first attempt at tasseography reading. I did spend a little bit reading about it. Knowing myself, I could spend forever reading about something and forever not doing. So I decided to just do it and then ask questions later.

So, start:

This is the only infusion I have with loose leaves.

Put the hot water in, this is the cup and saucer I used.

My question is ā€œWhat are some upcoming events and happenings in my near futureā€

Drank it and swished it around clockwise 3x, and flipped it over.

As itā€™s doing its thing, Iā€™m focus on my question.

Flipped the cup over and this is what it looks like (a lot of it got stuck to the bottom, but maybe thatā€™s just the way it needed to fall in place).

My imagining starting with the outer tea cup rim, see a lady with a fitted dress (say itā€™s a woman because it looks to have a bosom), looks like hands raised above the head, celebratory body stance, then near her another person, a man perhaps, with a large hat, bending over, and some thing protruding from the ground, perhaps he uncovered something and she is celebrating in excitement. The imagine

Now the saucer, the outer area, there is that one piece sticking out. First my mind went to a high mountain top, but as I looked closely. Thereā€™s what looks to be a cluster of sharp lines, and a cube-like shape sitting on top, being that itā€™s there on its own, like a show center piece, my mind went to a crystal cluster that I have seen in the ā€œvaultā€ area of Astro Gems (mid-town Manhattan), they have some amazing pieces, the back area or their show room, amazing amazing!

Here is a picture of it and following are some of the crystal formations I got from their website:

Middle side, tea cup, it looks like a bird with its talons out, wings sprawled. Either the bird is landing, trying to hold something, a strong position, in action. Hopefully not in defense to fight, donā€™t think so because I didnā€™t note any other bird near it, but feel strongly the bird is landing.

Middle side of the saucer, the only thing I see is a waxing crescent moon (not the leaves, but just the liquid), the imagine of the moon with a nose and that big globe is the eye), looking like this :first_quarter_moon_with_face:(maybe Iā€™m stretching with this)

The inner cup, really couldnā€™t make anything out except it looking like wood chips. And I did see what looks to be the back side of a frog looking out.

The saucer, mainly with the liquid, looks like some sort of a cute creature, with two eye (specks from the herbs) not fully formed, maybe a snowman?

Now, going to do some research on reading these imagines. :crossed_fingers: And/or use the tarot in conjunction. There is a section here on doing that.

(Edit for spelling.)

10 Likes