šŸµ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Tea & Infusions

TheTravelWitch_Bry
Thank you lovely girl.
much love
Garnet

9 Likes

Good morning @Garnet. Unfortunately no my little teacup is not an antique piece of one of the greats like Royal Worcester, Royal Doulton, Royal Albert, Royal Copenhagen, Spode, Wedgwood or Minton. I would love to own such a treasure in an antique. Upon buying my little teacup I truly admire just how pretty they actually are. I will truly appreciate them and admire them more when I am out antiquing.

Itā€™s just a humble little piece of Morgan and Finch from Bed, Bath and Table (In the US I think its Bed Bath and Beyond). I did like it because it had an old look antique vibe about it.

We do have a lot of antique porcelain and ceramics in the houseā€¦ just not in the form of teacupsā€¦ all our Royal Doulton, Beswick, Royal Worcester, and Royal Copenhagen etc. are dachshund shaped. Mum collects ceramic dachshunds.

So we are always popping into antique shops on the hunt. For mumā€™s ceramic dachshunds and scent/perfume bottles for me. I honestly wouldnā€™t mind starting an antique teacup collection now. I have just fallen in love with them as an object. They are so pretty. I wish that the antique ones could talk and tell us their stories.

8 Likes

Still, like you, lovely.
G

8 Likes

I donā€™t think I could ever get where I could tolerate that taste! Did you see the info @Garnet posted about licorice? Maybe it should be skipped! Well definitely if youā€™re over 40 anyway. :wink: I think I will just stick to saying I donā€™t like it lol
:rose:

9 Likes

I feel very honored, Eliza- thank you for giving tea reading a try! :heart:

I wonā€™t say anything bad about other methods of divination (and I do love tarot very much too!) but thereā€™s just something about tea leaf readings that is so warm, comforting, and homey- I am really happy that you enjoy it too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As for the tea, perhaps I just have a heightened sensitivity to chamomile, but I often find it to overpower more subtle flavors. If youā€™re looking for lavender, a lavender-only tea will likely be your best bet to get that soothing, light flavor :purple_heart: Good luck and I hope you can find exactly what you are hoping for!

Thank you for the info about the Motherā€™s Milk blend, itā€™s interesting to learn about! :blush: And yes please, if you feel called to writing about licorice, you are very welcome to do so. Iā€™ll look forward to read about your thoughts on it! :sparkles:

The pleasure is mine, Garnet- much love back to you too! :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

Ohhh nope, not yet- Iā€™ll have to go check it out :star_struck:! I know licorice is a no-no for anyone with high blood pressure, but as someone with low blood pressure (as well as GERD), itā€™s actually recommended for me to take licorice haha.

That being said, it is a flavor like a boot to the head (lol) so I completely understand when people avoid it, either for taste or health reasons :grinning: :+1:

Drink what makes you happy and makes you feel good! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :coffee:

10 Likes

Thank you for the reference! @Garnet

9 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.