šŸ’Æ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Hundredth Challenge

Thank you! A lot of them are things I already do, it was just a matter of writing it up. Still trying though!

9 Likes

Have you tried the Blackā€™s Barbeque in Lockhart? Me, my husband and sister in law went about a month ago and it was great!

9 Likes

No I havenā€™t! Iā€™ll have to add it to my ā€œTo Tryā€ list. We are trying to take more trips but this yearā€™s early heat is not cooperating.

9 Likes

The people that were in front of us were from Katy. Itā€™s a small world!

9 Likes

:100: Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry - #2

:milky_way: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Astrology: Reading the Skies
Badge - Astrologer

For my 2nd challenge entry, I decided to explore the aspect patterns in my birth chart with AstrolDelux ReportWriter. This is something new for me, I do aspects, of course, however, this is a report included with the software that I have not explored before.

Aspect Patterns for Marsha
(Note: This image includes the north and south nodes, but they are not included in the report.)

The report is 3 pages, so I am only sharing highlights:

Introduction to Aspect Patterns
Astrology describes the complex personality pattern inside each of us that makes us an individual. Some charts have many aspect patterns, others few. Some lives feature much change, others follow a steady course. Your chart features 2 aspect patterns.

1st Aspect Pattern:
Talent Triangle-Tight
At least two planets that are in favorable 120-degree trine aspect to each other, Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune, form enabling 60-degree sextile aspects to at least one focal planet, Pluto.

:astrology_jupiter: Jupiter gives you strong ethics and a desire to help the less fortunate. You succeed by throwing yourself wholeheartedly into what you do. You study intensely and then do what seems right to you. You see the bigger picture.

:astrology_saturn: Saturn gives you the potential to keep maturing and become a master of your career field. Saturn gives you range and depth and makes your knowledge explicit, not just instinctual.

:astrology_neptune: Neptune gives you vision. You channel awareness that is larger than yourself. You are capable of surprising greatness. You have intuitive skills.

:astrology_pluto: Pluto is the focal focus planet. You face life fearlessly and have a strong will. Your success is in proportion to the extent to which you seek the truth. You display exceptional courage and spirit.

2nd Aspect Pattern:
Talent Triangle
Uranus and the Moon, form enabling 60-degree sextile aspects to at least one focal planet, Venus.

:waning_gibbous_moon: The Moon increases your reactivity and your sensitivity to emotions. You will have the encouragement and support of your mother (Grandmother for me). You are the gentle peace-loving type with a quirky sense of humor.

:astrology_uranus: Uranus frees your mind. You are not a follower - your perspective is unique. You donā€™t do things in a typical way. Innovations come to you by accident.

:astrology_venus: Venus gives you emotional depth and appeal. You enjoy meeting people and learn a lot from them. You love beautiful things and have a talent for reaching out to and bringing people together. You will do things just in order to please others.

There is much more to an astrology chart than just aspect patterns! For me, it is another interesting piece in the puzzleā€¦ and itā€™s always a good day when I learn something new!

8 Likes

I wanna try to link to my challenge post from here. Iā€™m not sure if this is going to work :crossed_fingers:

Iā€™m adding 2 more to my list and thatā€™s it!
:two_hearts:Love Everyoneā€™s entries :rose: :rose: :rose:
:butterfly:

7 Likes

Hi, This is my first entry, but I have been around awhile.

#1 Powerful Protection
For this one I created a salt bowl that I will be refreshing weekly. It is for protection in the room I rent.

I am using salt, dried roses petals - from a bush here, thorny branches and a tiny bit of lavendar. Then I say a little chant/prayer.

#2 Dream Magic
For this one I made 2 dream pillows or sachets, one for me and one for my neice.

I did a bunch of research on the herbs and crystals I wanted to use. I put the herbs and crystals into 2 small sachets and said a blessing for peaceful sleep and to help remember the dreams. I used Small Sachet Bag, Rose, Lavender, Mugwort, Damiana, Lapis Lazuli chips, Amethyst chips

I also found a way where I can voice record my dreams when I wake (I actually wake a couple of times at night, and found that voice recording is easiest to go back to sleep) then I can turn on voice to type on a google doc and it types up my dreams so all I have to do is edit it.

I also do a little ritual each night for dreams and ask a question. Before doing this ritual, I never remembered my dreams, but funny how many I am remembering now.
]
Salty Spellwork
For this one I did a bunch of research on the different salts and what they offer. I created BOS pages with the info.

For my protection bowl, I started with sea salt and in the coming weeks will try different salts to see how more or less powerful they are in.

As an aside I am glad to see I am not the only one with the speadsheet of all the challenges :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I took a cue from another clever member and put my entries all in one post!

My 100th Challenge Challenge Entries

8 Likes

100th Weekly Witchy Challenge entry- Dream Magick

Hello everyone!
Dreams have been an interesting part of my existence, much like watching a bizarro movie nightly. Although sometimes I get lucky, and they are pretty juicy! Lol.
I very rarely go without dreaming. The only time I can honestly say I donā€™t recall having dreams was when I used to drink and was deep in my cups the night before. :rofl:
I still recall dreams I had as a kid, the reoccurring ones. They were always odd and frightening when I was sick with a fever. Since recovering from my last bout of Covid, the dreams were strange and chaotic for a couple of weeks. They are now lightening up.
As far back as I can remember, I have been able to have Lucid dreams quite easily. I can go back into the same dream several times if I have woken up to go to the bathroom or if noise has awakened me.
Sometimes that is quite wonderful when the topic is passionate, or itā€™s a feel-good one. But I have fallen back into the same dream when itā€™s not so good and will tell myself in the dream to wake up, that it isnā€™t real, and to get out of it. When that happens, I have to stay awake a little longer and focus on not going back there. I will think of other things that are pleasant if possible and drift off usually with good luck.
I think I realized my dreams were maybe a little more ā€œotherworldlyā€ when around five years ago, I had a ā€œshared dream,ā€ I guess you would call it? Not sure if thatā€™s the correct term because I have never been able to find any info on what I experienced.
Thereā€™s a guy Iā€™ve known since I was like 15. He and I had the feels for each other since I was around 17 or so, but we were always with other partners. There were only two times in all the years we were able to connect on a sexual level, and there was a 20-year gap between the two. But there was that sense of knowing we were each otherā€™s ā€œone that got away,ā€ and we just left it alone. It frightened me; the lure and connection were powerful and uncomfortable for me because I was unsure of myself. I was scared. The way he would look at meā€¦ I didnā€™t allow us to be together. He waited, and I ran away.
I have been with my husband for almost 13 years now, but years ago, on rare occasions, I would correspond with my old friend via email. We would talk about the kids we each have and how his family and mine were doing. He had been with a woman for several years at that point. We had not seen each other in maybe 7-8 years, since right before I met my husband. I knew it wasnā€™t OK to see him again. Not at any level, but I did check in with him when I would have a dream about him. There was nothing inappropriate about our conversations; we were like lifelong friends.
The last time I checked in on him was about five years ago; I had this vivid dream of him in a forest on a horse. Itā€™s always the same thing (not the horse, though). Heā€™s looking for me, and Iā€™m trying to get to him, and we connect. We can touch and talk, but something always interferes. We arenā€™t able to stay together. When I emailed him, I simply asked how he was doing, and his reply was, ā€œWHOA! I was dreaming of you right before I woke up this morning!ā€ Then I emailed back that I had been dreaming about him too. He told me he feels Iā€™m his ā€œwife from another life.ā€
I have never spoken to him again. I think itā€™s not healthy for me to do that when I am married, and the connection I have with him is so strong. I figure I will see him and talk to him in my dreams. Maybe I am his ā€œwife from another life.ā€ When I think about it on that level, I feel itā€™s not OK to talk to him anymore. He needs to live his life, and I will live mine separately.
I dreamt of him last night/early morning for the first time in a while. In my dream, I found out he was working at a local hardware store near me, and I applied to work there to be closer to him. I got the job and found out his longtime girlfriend (whom he refuses to marry in real life for some reason) worked there too, so I quit that job on the first day. Lame! Seeā€¦we just arenā€™t meant to be, I guess.
If anyone has any knowledge or thoughts on my dream connections with him or that concept in general, Iā€™d love to hear them!
Blessed be everyone! Have a wonderful week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Oh, this was such a wonderful week of challenges! Thank you, @BryWisteria, for all the extra work and love you put into this!! :hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

My first challenge entry is here: https://forum.spells8.com/t/my-first-entry-for-the-100th-weekly-challenge-love-magick/24619

8 Likes

My second challenge is here: https://forum.spells8.com/t/my-second-challenge-entry-making-objects-magickal/24621

8 Likes

Can I still ? I have one last challenge entree no 5 solar magic

I was inspired by @Sarafeena_Sage This morning I walked my morning walk and saw lots of yarrows and St. Johnā€™s worth. I picked some of them, used only the flowers and now they are lying down in the sun. I used water in a deva bottle , I ā€˜ ll show you the picture. It s a blue bottle with a Sri yantra which stands for inner and outer richness. It is suppose to charge in the sun. You can put water from the sink in it, and itā€™s taste is lovely, velvet, soft and sweet.
I will leave them in the sun for a few hours and I use brandy to conserve it.
I want to make a combination of three flower essences
St. Johnā€™s wort for dark and depressive feelings
Yarrow to follow and feel your own light
And purple dead nettle ( is this the right translation?) for having pleasure in the normal day to day tasks. It helps to earth as well. I still have a ready made pot of this essence

9 Likes

My entry for :shell: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of Seas, Sands, and Tides -Sea Witch

I decided to go with this one as I always felt a connection to the sea and I wanted to search that connection a bit deeper. I tried to find as much information as I could about sea witchcraft and if anything applies to me and I was shocked actually about my findings! So, since I live in a city with a big coastline that is also strongly connected to the sea from ancient times (Thessaloniki GR, found at 315BC, named after the sister of Alexander the Great, and myths say that she became a mermaid protecting the city) went for a trip to a nearby beach and even though I did not go swimming, I had the chance to relax and meditate by the sea and collect seashells and driftwood for my altar.

I tried to find a list of signs that might help me clarify if I might be a sea witch. The lists I found are from these 2 sites and I made a ā€œunified listā€ as some were overlapping

1. You cherish the calming effect of the sea, water, and ocean
Actually I do, whenever I feel stressed I tend to go to the promenade (10min walk from my house) because just seeing the sea helps me cool down. Also, I would never imagine living in a place that has no body of water (sea/river/lake)

2. You see the ocean as a supernatural force
I always feared and respected the ocean as I see it as the most unpredictable part of nature with unimaginable force and with a lot of secrets.

3. You use ocean waves for meditation or magickal practice
I would say mostly for meditation, or helping me sleep

4. You are a great swimmer
When I was younger I was an athlete of a swimming team, and I still go to the swimming pool when I have the time as swimming helps me put my thoughts in order.

5. You are interested in stories of mystical sea creatures
Oh, yes I do! Well, mostly about mermaids and the sea creatures and gods/goddesses from Greek mythology, but I have knowledge about creatures from other lore.

6. You are fond of collecting a range of ā€œwater giftsā€
Seashells, driftwood, rocks whatever I can carry back home.

7. You are fond of collecting water
No, I would not say so

8. You like to work with the water element
I have not tried it yet, but at my esbat altar I usually have a glass of water to represent the moon.

9. You use a lot of salt in magic
I do for protection, in food, in bath rituals, in the altar, my house is sprinkled with salt. I also found this baths salts I want to make but I cannot find kelp.

10. Just like the sea, you are also connected to the moon cycle
I believe that my mood and energy changes without a warning during new and full moon. But the feeling is stronger during the full moon.

11. You know about the water memory
I did not, but I searched about it and found it fascinating. It talks about hidden messages in frozen water
Masaru Emoto

Also, I found an article that gives some ideas on How to be a sea witch and I tried the list. Some were already part of my practice, some were new and the rest, even though I was doing them I had to see them from a different perspective.

1. Intimacy with the Sea
I love the sea, and even though I have a rounded knowledge about it, it was never detailed. I think I will start observing it more detailed, as ā€œA sea witch knows the sea and its inhabitants so well he/she will be able to identify each by sight and sound.ā€

2. Sea Offerings
Never done an offering to the sea, but I will next time I go to the beach as ā€œOfferings are the first step in developing a working relationship with the water as a sea witch.ā€

3. Beachcombing for Tools
Actually I did that fist time on Sunday at I felt really great

4. Cleansing
I did that last year at vacation as sort of meditation, it states that you submerge in the water at it clears your mind

5. Sea Gods and Spirits
The goddess I connect with is Aphrodite, who might not be the typical sea deity like Poseidon who resides in the sea, but for the Greeks is considered a sea goddess as she was born from the sea foam.

6. The Sea Altar
I made one from the findings of yesterdayā€™s beach combing!

7. Water Element Magick
Never tried, but willing to

8. Water and Mirror Scrying
Never tried, but willing to

The fun part now, pictures from the trip! I opted to go to the nearby beach with the boat transport instead of the usual bus route for the firdt time and it was so relaxing I felt as if I was on vacation :desert_island:

Haha, sorry for the long post! Originally I wanted to do more challenges but I got so excited with this one I wanted to do it the best way possible :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

~ Thank you so much to everyone for joining in the 100th Challenge! :partying_face: ~

You all made this one extra special- challenge entries are always a joy to read, but thereā€™s something really powerful about scrolling through and seeing so many different kinds of spellwork on display- every post a different beautiful working of an aspect of magick :sparkles:

It really takes my breath away to see- you are all so talented! It has been a true honor to read your entries this week :heart: Thank you again!

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :100::sparkles:

10 Likes

Good luck with so much work! I admire your effort , your enthusiasm for all the work you do !
Thank you :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

That is fantastic @Amethyst !!! Congrats and kudos for your commitment :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

8 Likes

@Martje You are so sweet- that means a lot to me! Thank you so much :face_holding_back_tears: :heart:

Apologies- it looks like I wonā€™t be able to reply individually to everyoneā€™s entries here today (out of time- there were a delightfully massive amount of badges to award :partying_face:) but Iā€™ll be sure to reply tomorrow and give out my thanks- you all did a really fantastic job with your entries and they have been a delight! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is live in the forum and badges (the individual challenge badges as well as a special limited edition 100th challenge badge :wink:) have been sent out to everyone who joined in.

Thank you again for celebrating the 100th challenge- cheers to the many talents of the Infinite Roots Coven!

:tada::heart::trophy:

9 Likes

Itā€™s a very cool place. He carries more mass-produced stuff, but he also sells a lot from local vendors so thereā€™s always something new.

9 Likes

Oh yeah, the food here is INCREDIBLE. Iā€™m originally from NY, lived a few years in LA, and I say the food in Austin is probably my favorite. Plus, you donā€™t have to take out a second mortgage just to go to dinner, haha!

9 Likes

Thanks, hon! Iā€™m pretty proud of myself!

8 Likes