😋 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Wickedly Delicious

Warm and hearty greetings to all!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Deities of the Moon :bride_with_veil:

With the blessing of the Moon and the many deities of Her graceful light, it’s time to look back down- we’ve got a lot on our plates! :plate_with_cutlery: :grin:

The theme for this week’s challenge is…

:yum::plate_with_cutlery: Wickedly Delicious: The Magick of Food and Drink :curry: :sparkles:

Food and drink are much more than a means of survival- they are a cause of celebration that brings people together. And did you know that tasty treats can become even more delicious when enhanced with a bit of magick?

Adding your good intent and a dash of magick can help to make not just the taste, but the entire eating experience much more enjoyable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[Pic from Learn Religions: What is Kitchen Witchcraft?]

Witchery in the Kitchen :woman_cook:

Kitchen Witchery is a popular aspect of magick and a great (not to mention easy and fun) way for both beginners and experienced witches to add a dash of magick into their daily routine.

You can use Kitchen Magick whether or not you consider yourself to be a “Kitchen Witch”- in fact, you may already be using Kitchen Magick without knowing it! :bowl_with_spoon:

For more about Kitchen Witchery, you can find a full description and more resources in the previous Kitchen Witchery Challenge :cupcake:

Lammas-Gratitude-Ritual-_-Wayward-Inspiration-Blog
[Pic from Wayward Inspiration: Lammas Gratitude Ritual]

Many of us in the Northern Hemisphere will also be celebrating a Sabbat and the First Harvest Lammas/Lughnasadh this weekend- all the more reason to enjoy a blessed feast! :ear_of_rice:

What-is-Lughnasadh

This week’s challenge is all about using magick to enhance your food and drink :yum:

Are you ready? I hope you’re hungry, because it’s… CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

STEP 1 The Magick of Food and Drink :plate_with_cutlery:

There are countless ways to approach this challenge, here are just a few suggestions to help you get started:

:woman_cook: Cooking with Magick

Kitchen Witchery ranges from cooking with love and care (imbuing your dish with good energy) to doing large-scale rituals in the kitchen. Feel free to add some spellwork of any size to your cooking this week!

Francisco’s Lammas Bread Spell and Ritual:

Tea Spells and Herbal Magick
Tea-Spells-and-Herbal-Witchcraft-360x240

Magickal Kitchen Blends
Magickal-Kitchen-Blends-by-SilverBear

Herbs and Spices for Kitchen Witches
Witch-Plants-Herbs-Every-Witch-Should-Know

You can also check out the Recipies Category of the forum for more magickal cooking ideas! :open_book:

:open_hands: Bless or Consecrate Your Dish

No cooking necessary!

Blessing the food or drink in front of you is a wonderful and easy way to enhance a dish and add magick into your day- all you have to do afterwards is to eat it!

Crowley’s Coffee Consecration Prayer
Crowleys-Coffee-Prayer-thumb

Quick and Easy Tea Blessing
Quick-and-Easy-Tea-Blessing-1-360x240

Lammas Bread Blessing
Lammas-Bread-Blessing-Spell

→ More blessings can be found at Learn Religions: Pagan Meal Blessings and Prayers

:pray: Gratitude for Your Food

A thoughtful gratitude meditation for the blessings of the harvest and the food on our plates is a lovely way to connect with the cycle of nature and tap into a wholesome mindset :earth_africa:

10-Minute Mindful Eating Meditation by Declutter the Mind:

10-Minute Guided Meditation on Gratitude by Great Meditation:

→ Learn about Practicing Gratitude Daily
→ How to Create a Gratitude Shrine
Gratitude Meditation to Start Your Day
→ More gratitude resources in the previous Giving Gratitude Challenge

:raised_hands: … And More!

Challenges are designed to be as open and adaptable as possible to everyone’s unique practices.

Feel free to approach this task like a buffet, taking what you’d like to make your own unique challenge entry!

[From Culture: Witchy Wheys: Cast Spells and Predict the Future with Cheese]

PART 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

To enter this challenge, please share:

1. Your experience with food and drink magick

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, August 3rd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-08-03T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Staff Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Harvest’s wishes to all who eat,
Enjoy your feast and tasty treat!
Whether it be snacks or food nutritious,
May all that you eat be wickedly delicious!

Happy feasting and Blessed be! :plate_with_cutlery: :heart:

15 Likes

Fabulous. I love cooking and was already planning to cook a special meal on Sunday night for Lammas for the hubby and I so this is perfect.

10 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited for a challenge!! :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat: I apologize in advance if I make a ton of posts about this topic :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

12 Likes

OOOooooo Can I add this video about energy exchanges with food?!

:yum:

14 Likes

@SilverBear I can’t wait to watch this video! I’m going to use it as a reward for getting through my workday :heart_eyes_cat:

My morning coffee ritual

I’m pretty sure I’ve talked about this before, but I do a simple little ritual/spell every morning when I make my coffee. I drink my coffee black, so I feel kind of awkward stirring my intention into my coffee with a spoon or other tool when I’m not actually adding anything, so I add my intention into the grounds before I turn on the coffeemaker.

As I’m loading up the coffee machine, I reflect on the Four Elements and take time to truly appreciate each aspect of them as they relate to coffee. Starting with Earth, clearly, the coffee beans are a product of the Earth since they’re from a plant. The element of Air is the GLORIOUS aroma that wafts from the can of the grounds. Water is used to extract the goodness from the coffee, and the element of Fire is used to heat the water to allow the transformation of water and coffee grounds into the drinkable coffee.

Before I close the lid of the machine, I take time to focus on my intentions for the day: I want to be energized and alert, and I want to be able to handle anything anyone could throw at me. I also (more importantly) want to put my love and appreciation into it to share with my mom for whom I also brew coffee in the morning. I direct my intentions of energy, alertness, capability, love, and appreciation through my finger as I trace a heart in the grounds. I close the lid and press start.

When I’m putting my intentions into the coffee, I keep it simple. In my personal practice, usually I keep things short and sweet; I’m not personally a huge fan of rambling prayers and showy rituals. I just speak from my heart at that particular moment in time. Most of the time, I just thing something along the lines of “Coffee, please give me the energy I need to get the day started, and give my mom whom I love dearly and appreciate deeply the energy and happiness she needs as well.”

When I’m putting the spoon I keep in the coffee can back in the can, instead of putting it in, I do a simple divination that I felt moved to start doing one day. I’m not sure if it’s actually a thing, but it makes sense to me :man_shrugging: haha

For the simple divination, I clear my mind, ground and center. I hold the spoon by the handle about six inches or so above the grounds and allow gravity to make it point straigt down. I let go of the spoon and allow it to drop into the coffee can. If it sticks straight up, I don’t have much to focus on, but if it sticks out of the grounds sideways, I know I need to keep my guard up for something.

I hope all of that makes sense – I promise that it makes sense in my head :joy_cat:

21 Likes

I often say this to myself too… LOL

12 Likes

I’m glad I’m not alone in that! :see_no_evil::sweat_smile: haha

(Sorry if that post posts twice – I don’t technology well sometimes :sweat_smile:)

10 Likes

I think everyone that does the group ritual could potentially get this badge. :laughing:

11 Likes

It’s the perfect challenge this week because of Lughnasadh! Time to bake some extra special bread :partying_face:

11 Likes

:scream: BEYOND excited for this challenge!
I literally CANNOT make a drink or meal without adding at least one magical ‘special ingredient’ and stirring in my intentions :joy:
I need to pull out some of my fun recipes this week! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

I wanted to do some research an find some books over…

:shallow_pan_of_food: Kitchen Witchery (Spellwork & Recipes) :shallow_pan_of_food:

14 Likes

Ooh thanks for sharing these! That Potions book looks like something Amazon will be delivering to my house soon :smirk:

11 Likes

I made a start on this challenge early tonight with a little magic I call “sticking as many vegetables as you can in a lasagne to make sure your fussy stepdaughter eats some” :joy:

It’s based on a slimming world recipe which I’ve slightly added to and it makes 6 portions with those additions (there are 5 of us so the extra one goes in the freezer).

Ingredients

• Frylight
  • 750g 5% fat beef mince
  • 1 white onion chopped
  • 1 courgette (zucchini) diced
  • 1 red bell pepper diced
  • 2/3 carrots diced
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
  • 500g passata
  • 2 heaped tsp mixed herbs
  • 1 red wine stock pot
  • 2 large eggs lightly beaten
  • 500g 0%fat natural yoghurt
  • Pinch of nutmeg
  • Lasagne sheets
  • Grated cheddar (150g to 200g depending on how cheesy you like it)

Method

1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 F / 200 C / fan 180 C / gas mark 6

2. Heat the frylight in a large frying pan and brown the mince for 5-6 minutes on a medium heat.

3. Add the onion, courgette, pepper, carrots and garlic and cook for a few minutes until softened.

4. Add the chopped tomatoes, passata, mix herbs and stock pot and simmer for 12-15 minutes.

5. In the meantime, make the white sauce by combining the beaten eggs and natural yoghurt, adding a pinch of nutmeg to taste.

6. In a large rectangular or square oven dish layer the mince, lasagne sheets and white sauce, ending with a layer of white sauce (I usually find three layers of each is about right).

7. Sprinkle grated cheese on top

8. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and the pasta is soft.

9. Serve with salad or vegetables of your choice.

As I say, I have a very fussy stepdaughter who usually only eats peas and sweetcorn but she demolishes this every time.

11 Likes

That looks delicious & I can understand the fussy eating. I have 1 of those, she is very picky & will look at things to decide if she wants to try it. I have a couple of these types of recipes for when she is being particularly fussy. :joy:

8 Likes

I hadn’t thought of a big meal for Lammas, might have to get in on this…but I did craft together a healing/preventative honey elixir for my family. I used local raw honey (3lbs), Turmeric, Black Pepper, Ginger, and Cinnamon.
I had my white candle going while I prepared everything and cleansed the jar with a swirl of salt water before filling.
We will take a TBSP each day.

Blessed Be

11 Likes

@Missa Thank you for the wonderful bulk of ideas…lol. I am currently reading The House Witch and have just added the Potion book to my Amazon cart.

10 Likes

Oh. My. Gosh!! I’m highly food motivated so this challenge is perfect for me!! I’m planning a celebration for Lughnasadh/Lammas with my friends for the first time so this would be a perfect opportunity.

11 Likes

Very nice! :yum:
There are a few ways I can approach this challenge, from making pickles for Lammas or making a recipe that includes rosemary, basil, sage or bay leafs.

9 Likes

Gotta love SW lasagne! I’m convinced that whoever first added that pinch of nutmeg to the white sauce is a witch :joy:
(ex-consultant here! loving all that sneaky speed food :carrot::garlic::tomato::onion: :wink:)

8 Likes

Tracing a heart in the grounds is the sweetest thing I’ve heard of. I always trace a heart on the bread of the sandwiches i make for my family. I never thought to do it with coffee grounds. Thanks for sharing! :hugs:

10 Likes