šŸŽ­ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Your Magickal Muse

Hello All,

Well This was my first challenge to join and coincidentally I have just been reading about the Muses as I heard one being mentioned whilst reading the Tarot.

I am pleased to say I have accomplished immediate results.

Upon waking, 5 minutes ago, Iā€™m still in Alpha state, and was able to tune in to the Muses quickly upon reading the article subject matter.

I havenā€™t done much work with the muses I must say, but this one especially and I canā€™t say that Iā€™m at all surprised that she came forth as quickly as she did.
As I scanned the article my connection grew stronger and stronger, I needed this muse this morning to assist me with my artwork. I have this darling lady of the establishment, without the correct formation of articles that she requires and the Muses were about to come through, well one in particular was.

I stayed tuned in and then it happened as soon as I read the word CHALLENGE;;;BAM: there it wasā€¦Pegasus Befriends the Muses

As I read I saw what I needed for my own painting, the Art contain something specific that I needed. That piece of Art contained what I needed for my own works, wings, the wings I need for my lady of the establishment.

This brought me to a Muse I have known for a very short period of time, The Muse connected to during this challenge is Bryanna.

@BryWisteria my Muse and Saviour :crown: :sunflower: :blossom: :lotus: :bouquet: :bouquet: :coconut: :olive: :pineapple: :mango: :grapes: :watermelon: :strawberry: :cherries: :amphora: :mushroom: :broccoli: :beans: :fries: :fries: :fries: :cupcake: :chocolate_bar: :tropical_drink: :infinite_roots: :cup_tarot:

Please accept these flowers and food, as offerings of my gratitude for your genourous provision.

Ps: that jug contains whatever you want it to contain and the mushrooms and beans: both magick :innocent:

Thank you @BryWisteria

14 Likes

Absolutely! I have to hold a mask while Iā€™m hurting emotionally and my kids want time with me separately. That in itself is draining. I just want to sleep the day away! Then I have my criticizing mother who is ā€˜all about meā€™! I can never be right while talking to her so I avoid talking with her completely. Then Iā€™m done trying to get the love of a father while my siblings donā€™t have to fight for it. All I want is a little recognition.

Sidenote: my sister has a huge a$$ house and job that I practically gave her. It was meant for me but she just ignores that fact that I helped her and I canā€™t even visit her. She visits and talks down about me not knowing that I can hear her. Sheā€™s always gotten what sheā€™s wanted growing up. Iā€™m over the jealous part but why canā€™t we be adults and talk at all?

I have to wear a mask in front of everyone in my family. But I bet theyā€™ll be surprised when I stop wearing my mask!!

11 Likes

This is what Iā€™ve got so far. I sort of got side tracked looking into different kinds of spirits. Down the rabbit hole of the internet sort of thing; and I learned way more than I excepted to find. :upside_down_face: :scream:

Basic plot line:
A girl finds out she is a member of an ancient race of guardian spirits.

Plot Hook:
After Charie lost several children before birth her mother decided to take her on vacation to try to help her cope with the latest loss. While on a walk by a river late one night she meets a man and comes into a family way.

20 years later:

While on a study abroad trip with her college biology to the rainforest Lolli comes into power while trying to save her best friend from drowning in a river.

Powers

• They typically take the form of an animal or some sort of combination of animals.

• Intangibility: Guardian spirits can render themselves intangible for a few seconds in order to phase through solid objects like structures or buildings. They can only pass through objects and cannot use it to dodge oncoming attacks.

• Mild invisibility: Guardian spirits can render themselves relatively invisible to humans, though those with a keen eye are able to see them.
  • Magic bestowal: Guardian spirits are capable of bestowing magic onto other individuals as well as taking it back.

• Heightened senses and awareness

• Danger perception: Guardian spirits are highly attuned with nature and the supernatural, and are able to detect danger moments before it happens.
    • Essence perception: Guardian spirits can see the Essence of Life, or simply Essence, of all living things.
    • Essence suppression: They can suppress their own Essence from being detected by others.
  • Guardian spirits are capable of transforming into a weapon form that bears a similar appearance to their regular form. In this form, they still retain their powers and abilities, which are now controlled by the individual wielding the weapon.

• Water spirits are capable of controlling, generating and absorbing water, moisture and any kind of liquid. Most water spirits are adapted to aquatic environments and they can generate whirlpools, waves and tsunamis. They can shape the water for slicing and can generate bubbles as well. Incredibly powerful water spirits can manipulate an entire ocean.

13 Likes

Itā€™s just so exhausting isnā€™t it? People around you just do not realise a thing. They are completely oblivious. I agree when the mask comes down and put back in itā€™s box. Everyone will be surprised!

Iā€™m sorry that youā€™re family donā€™t seem to have the ability to see you for the truly amazing person that you are. Know that every single soul here knows it and they love you immensely for it xxx

13 Likes

At first, I thought I was going to go with Urania, because I love astrology. But then something happened Friday that changed all that. It just came on that I needed to danceā€¦and I thought, surely that is how a Muse works. You are not expecting it and then you feel so inspired, and the pull is so irresistible and you just have to give yourself over to it.

I have been working so hard on legal stuff. I am on my butt for hours, researching and writing. To cheer me up, I have an altar that in the room where I work that is just laden with candles and crystals and lights and sparkly stuff. So, Iā€™d been working for HOURS Friday, all day and most of the night and listening to the radio. the DJ started playing some really good music it was about 1 a.m. I wanted to go to bed but I was excited about a breakthrough in my understanding of the case and I was a little wired. So, I started moving around to the music ā€“ but I was so stiff from sitting, it was hard. I felt awkward and kind of embarrassed. Then I thought, you are judging yourself on how you move. It does not matter how you move. Listen to the music and dance. No one is here, no one is looking. Maybe I thought thatā€¦maybe Terpischore said it1 :slight_smile:

I remembered a movie I watched a few days ago where people were doing this thing called Ecstatic Dance. Itā€™s dancing without talking and itā€™s very free and kind of meditative in a way. So that inspired me, too. It didnā€™t have to look good. I just had to dance.

And I thought about the challenge and I thought ā€“ could this be my activity? Instead of the astrology thing I had planned? Well, I just went with it. It was like my spirit was driving the car, anyway. I stopped questioning it. I danced in front of my altar and I really tried connecting with it through my movement and my body. Pretty soon, I was just in another PLACE. I was justā€¦I donā€™t know how to explain it. It was kind of mystical. I felt strong, I felt happy, I felt connected. I remember one of the songs was Hozierā€™s Take Me to Church and I was extending my arms to the candle flames and moving to the music andā€¦I FELT LIKE A FREAKING GODDESS LOL.

So thank you, Terpischore! Definitely my least structured, most unplanned challenge yet, but so enjoyable. PS. I slept for 10 hours straight after!

12 Likes

My weekly witchy challenge entry:

One of the longest posts Iā€™ve ever written!

10 Likes

Waitā€¦there is a muse of love and sex?

You should not have told me this. :wink:

13 Likes

Okay, for this weekā€™s challenge I have to explain a few things. First of all, I write fanfiction. Or I try to. At any rate, fanfiction is where you take a tv show, movie, book, something that has a fandom and write your own stories for it. Some of the best reads Iā€™ve had have been free fanfiction.

I used to write a lot and then stuff happened. Iā€™ve been trying to get back on the wagon but between reading books, reading fanfics, and having Sally over for a few hours a day where it would be rude to sit with my back to her and write, I keep on getting sidetracked. Not to mention the horrible thing that is writerā€™s block. So I wrote this prayer to Calliope since I tend to write epic-length fics for the most part, in the hopes that it will spark my writing bug again.

See if you can guess the fandom Iā€™m writing in right now just from this prayer. LOL!

O golden-crowned Calliope,
lend me your aid!
For I have mischief to manage and
heroes to be played!

My words have gone away,
not a phrase to be found,
my word count is zero,
my fingers are bound!

Hear me oh noble muse!
Grant me the gift of your time,
And so that I may work on my writing.
Lend me the talent of you in your Prime.

Bright Calliope,
Who brings justice to rhyme.
I thank you for the fiction you have given,
Even if itā€™s put me past my bedtime.

Thank you for your aid and support!
Please donā€™t let my words be cut short!

15 Likes

Hey, Mary,
did you know that in the movie 'Xanadu" Olivia Newton-John played Terpsichore?
PS
Sandal Bergman (Conan the Barbarianā€™s love interest in the 80ā€™s) Played an unnamed Muse called Muse #1
Plus the ever sigh worthy Gene Kelly was in it as nostalgic eye candy.

10 Likes

@anon87969570 oh Ron, Iā€™m LMAO :grin:

8 Likes

@Amethyst, that is a beautiful prayer.

7 Likes

cool no, I didnā€™t! I need to watch that, I love her. Sheā€™s on roller skates, right? gotta love that.

8 Likes

@Amethyst I think I know! Mischief managed, right? :wink:

9 Likes

I almost didnā€™t participate in this challenge. Until it occured to me that I have been working with Euterpe all week, probably for months, years, my whole life?

Music is a very important part of my life. I have a very eclectic taste in music. I will listen to hard rock with lots of distortion, smooth jazz with saxaphone, classic country, EDM and electronic, you name it, I will be drawn to it.

Do I play an instrument? Noā€¦ my talents lay in the kitchen not behind a guitar.

While some people like to relax by watching television for hours, I will turn on music and drift off in my thoughts. Just recently since discovering you my friends I like to turn on my ā€œChill Electronicā€ playlist on Amazon music and get lost in the forum.

Euterpe is known as the giver of delight, which I find extremely fitting. Music is delightful, it can improve or change your mood, take you back to a memory, or help you set the right mood.

I am disappointed I am having a hard time finding information on how to honor Euterpe. I suppose just enjoying her music and the inspiration it brings to me. Maybe the fact that I have to replace my ear buds every six months from over use?

This was a different challenge, I would have never considered the muses as Diety to honor. Thank you for growing my experience this week. I am wishing I had more time this week to have dedicated to this. The Greek pantheon doesnā€™t exactly call to me the way the Celtic tribe does, but we canā€™t play favorites :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: January 25th, 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Blessed be! :performing_arts: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Phew almost didnā€™t make it! Again, Iā€™ve been cutting it close recently. Anywhoā€¦ The magickal muse that I am working with is:

Iā€™ve been through some, ā€œstuffā€ & decided to do some reflective journaling after finding some light again. So I used 3 questions:

Name the 3 most important relationships to you (I explained why in my journal)

• My father/brother
  • My husband
  • My 3 amazing children

What is your earliest memory

• Actually, there were quite a few & they were really early. My mother & father were still married & we lived in the same house. There are only a few, but it felt like a rabbit hole of happy memories. I wrote about a handful of them in my journal.

How was your day? & how did you handle a strenuous time?

• My day started pretty well then there was some tension because of things beyond my control. So I went to pick up my prescription with my son & came home again. I just didnā€™t say much & went to my room for a little while & was telling my husband why I was upset & in the room through text messages. The kids were home & my son had someone over too.

I didnā€™t want to dig too deep because of the stream of memories that had started. They were all good & all before I was 3. My parents divorced when I was 2 & my mother had left. So I didnā€™t want to go from the good to the upsetting by dwelling on them.

13 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™m hoping it will help me get writing again.

I solemnly swear Iā€™m up to no good! LOL!

9 Likes

My challenge entry :performing_arts:
As Iā€™ve previously said this was the challenge for me.I love anything relating to music,dance and history.
For this challenge I first looked at what inspired my craft and then I looked at what I could do to bring some of the Museā€™s inspiration to my craft.
The muse I chose to draw inspiration from was Euterpe,the muse of music.To do this I created a spell based on the song Greek God by Conan Gray to keep me protected from people I donā€™t like.I created a Crystal grid with rose quartz,amethyst and obsidian and let the song charge it.
I also made a collage.

Blessed Be!

11 Likes

For my challenge, I had chosen Erato, and I wanted to learn some more about her.

Erato, one of the nine Muses, the Patron of lyric and erotic poetry or hymns.
She is often depicted playing the lyre

the first known use of Erato was in 1557, the Greek Muses of lyric and love poetry.

Erato is the Muse of lyric poetry, particularly erotic poetry, and mimic imitation. In the Orphic hymn to the Muses, it is Erato who charms the sight. Since the Renaissance she has mostly been shown with a wreath of myrtle and roses, holding a lyre, or a small kithara, a musical instrument often associated with Apollo.[2] In Simon Vouetā€™s representations, two turtle-doves are eating seeds at her feet. Other representations may show her holding a golden arrow, reminding one of the ā€œerosā€, the feeling that she inspires in everybody, and at times she is accompanied by the god Eros, holding a torch.

Erato was the daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Mnemosyne, and the sister to Calliope, Clio, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia and Urania.[3] Her father gave Erato to Malus, eponym of Malea, as a bride and by him became the mother of Cleophema who bore Aegle (Coronis) by Phlegyas.[4]
Erato Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster.

I have a relationship that is complicated and I have in the past tried to fix it, the old fashion way. So now I will try (I will succeed) in fixing this relationship. He is an old friend, we stay in touch but there is a strain in the relationship. I have decided to use a Spells8 love spell.

I started this spell on Friday as suggested by Spells8.

I used the Pentagram in the center and placed a Rose Quartz Crystal on top of the Pentagram for extra strength & energy. These are the words I will use after the nine days are up.

May the Goddess & God of light, the Muse Erato of love
grant me my wish
and quite our hearts
I place my desire in your hands for you to do as you will
and as we deserve each other & bring us closer to one another.
This harms no one
So mote it be!

13 Likes

I learned alot this week. I had no idea what a muse was. I felt drawn to Urania for a few reasons. First of all because she is the muse of astrology. I remember as a little girl I would read the horoscope section of the newspaper. This was way before home computers or Google!. Lol! The second reason is because Uranus was named for her. My astrology sign is Aqaurius and Uranus is my ruling planet.

I couldnā€™t find much information on her and what I found Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s accurate so correct me if Iā€™m wrong. She was the first born muse of Zeus and
Mnemosyne. She was the first master of Pegasus and saved him from Zeus.

I also read a book called Witchcraft Astrology Guide from Kindle Unlimited. There was some good information, but some information on moon water that is iffy.

This was interesting and I learned alot!

11 Likes