We're back up! (Friday the 13th Luck)

If you tried to visit the Forum links coming from the newsletter today, you probably noticed that the Forum was down :sweat_smile:

We recently had a big server upgrade and the forum software couldn’t handle it. Everything should be back to normal now. Of course these things happen on mercury retrograde and a Friday the 13th on top of that! That may account for the weirdness…

Blessed Be!

18 Likes

Mercury Retrograde and Friday the 13th- what a double hit! :laughing:

Thanks for your hard work in getting the forum back up and running, Francisco- it’s great to be back! :partying_face: :heart::infinite_roots:

11 Likes

Hello @Francisco I am currently replying from the website as I am not able to log in to the forum in the spells8 app…I hope you kindly resolve this problem! Thank you and blessed be! :dizzy:

6 Likes

So glad to be back. Ive been trying to access throughoutnthe day…was getting spell8 withdrawal :rofl:

8 Likes

You weren’t the only one, my friend! :laughing: :handshake: :heart:

Hello @Solasta_Amore! The update has gone through and it should be working again (both via desktop and mobile)- could you try to log in again from the app?

If it’s still not working on your end, here is one potential fix:

→ If you click the log in button sent to your email, you may get an error message saying “log in timed out”. If you see this message- don’t worry! There is a little blue “log in” button towards the top right of your screen in the app. If you click that, it should log you in and the error message will disappear.

Are you able to log in okay now? If not, please reply here- we’ll try our best to get you back in! :heart::blush:

8 Likes

Yikes! The stars strike again! :star: :laughing: I’m glad it’s up and working now - thank you for your hard work behind the scenes!

If the suggestions given to you by @BryWisteria don’t work, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the app to give it a sort of reset. That might help!

You’re definitely not alone! :joy:

8 Likes

Double whammy today! Glad that we are back & up though!

@Solasta_Amore I agree with both @BryWisteria & @MeganB… uninstalling & reinstalling or checking to see if the app has an update pending are good ideas! :bulb:

7 Likes

Thank you for fixing the problem! This isn’t the only site with glitches today if that makes you feel better. Now if only AO3 gets running again. LOL!

7 Likes

@BryWisteria , @MeganB and @Susurrus I have to use the web again to reply as I reinstalled the app but still not able go log in or sign in! :disappointed_relieved: I don’t know what is happening…I tried the sign in button as well as the log in button in right corner in app but all in vain…I also wanted to post my challenge entry! (I can do that from web too but I really want to get back in the app!)
Please help me out my dear friends :face_exhaling: Also, I guess the mercury retrograde is affecting me badly!! :smile:
Blessed Be :sparkles:

5 Likes

Ack! Mercury :astrology_mercury: retrograde is being quite the trickster. Okay, um…

• Uninstall the app
  • Restart your phone
  • Install the app again
  • Check the app for any updates in the Play Store or on an Apple phone (I’m not sure how you do that on an Apple phone)
  • Open the app & try to login

If you still can’t login, go into the app details & clear the cache

• Try to login after the cache is cleared.

I use the app when I’m attempting to not wake anyone else up or I have my laptop elsewhere. If that doesn’t work… maybe @Francisco has another idea for you to try… so let us know & if youre still having trouble… we will tag in Francisco.

We’ll get you up & running again with your phone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Okay yes! Thank you I am gonna try this and also I added a new password to my account so I can try signing in with that too on the app! Thanks dearest friends! :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

Ohh thank goodness! Here I am on the app again! Thanks to my new password though instead of the sign in link! :laughing:

6 Likes

Perfect! I’m so glad it got all worked out! Yay! :hugs:

5 Likes

Woohoo!!! I’m glad you were able to get back into the app successfully :partying_face: :two_hearts:

Oh no, another hit from Mercury Retrograde! Hopefully they were able to get AO3 back up and running too (and that you were able to get back in to enjoy your fanfics)! :pray::heart:

5 Likes

They got it back before I panicked too much! LOL! I can’t be without my reading! LOL!

5 Likes

Thank goodness- I’m glad you were able to get back to your reading! I know how much you love it :heart::blush::books:

4 Likes

Too true! :bookmark:

4 Likes