What do you think of a salt lamp

Hi all you lovely people,

I have just ordered a salt lamp and was wondering what you’s thought about them.
They say it get rid of negativity and helps with relaxation and well as other things.
I thought it would be a good addition to put on my altar

10 Likes

ooh gorgeous. I wasn’t aware of their spiritual benefits but I guess that makes total sense as we use salt for this purpose all the time! They are wonderfully calming and great for air purification. They’re great to have around to help with so many different illnesses and allergies. It’ll be a wonderful addition to your altar and home! :heart:

6 Likes

I second what @Limeberry has said. Salt is used for purification in many of our rituals and daily spells so it would make sense that it would also be a benefit for your altar. If you believe it is helpful, then it is!

6 Likes

Congrats on your new salt lamp, @zoe2! :clap: I LOVE Himalayan salt- I have some here for food and ritual purposes, but I constantly miss my salt lamp and candle holders (limited suitcase space when I moved to Europe :sob:).

Aside from being absolutely gorgeous, it said that Himalayan salt lamps help to purify the air by removing negative particles and can enhance breathing and sleep.

One warning, though- real Himalayan salt SWEATS! :sweat_drops: It sucks out the moisture in humid environments and can make a drippy mess :sweat_smile: If you live in a humid place, consider placing a dish or small towel beneath your lamp.

Here’s a video from The Dancing Butterfly on YouTube about the benefits (including magick benefits) of Himalayan salt :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you for the video @BryWisteria. I have enjoyed eating various raw harvested salts for quite a while but this video opened a whole new world of sea salt and salt lamps. I have a salt lamp in bedroom but I was using it as therapy for sore hand joints.
I have read some spells ask for chunks of pink salt at the quadrants around the circle.
Interesting stuff.

5 Likes

I’ve got a couple salt lamps in my living room that I use fairly often. They definitely make for nice lighting which is calming in a way. Still doesn’t beat a good candle meditation though!

6 Likes

I love my salt lamp! It purifies space and cleanses crystals! I did not know that up until the second week of my course (a month ago). You’ll be able to tell the difference. It works with the lowest amount of wattage for a bulb to send out the enormous amount of healing vibrations.
Edit: to cleanse a crystal (s), place the crystal near or if lucky enough, on top. For only a few hours with the lamp turned on.

4 Likes

I keep two in my bedroom and one in my home office. Here’s the one in my home office.

5 Likes

Ohhhh @Berta and @Cat- your salt lamps are gorgeous! :heart_eyes: I’ve only ever had the single piece lamp (just one block) but I love how the lamps with multiple pieces look- so fantastical and magickal :sparkles:

I know what’s going on my Christmas wish list this year :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you very much, I love the look and the feel it gives off.

4 Likes