What is Consecration? [New Video & Blog Post]

Tool Consecration Header

Click here to watch the video!

Have you ever consecrated an item, ? If you have, then you know what it means to make something sacred. If you haven’t, well I think maybe you should give it a try someday! Your tools and your practice may thank you.

To consecrate an item means to make the item sacred and give it a purpose. In today’s video, I briefly discuss consecration and why you may want to do this with your tools. Then you get a quick walkthrough of my simple consecration ritual that I used for some new-to-me tools!

Give my latest video a watch if this is something you’re interested in – and don’t forget to subscribe and leave your thoughts in a comment! :sparkling_heart:

*If you’re a Cauldron Collector, you get a free printable on the blog of my consecration ritual! Not a member yet? Sign up now!

Watch on YouTube
Read the Blog Post w/Printable

13 Likes

I loved that. Thank you Megan!

6 Likes

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m glad you liked it!

7 Likes

Thank you Megan,
I am glad we had this challenge! I have many tools that needed to be cleansed! Do have any suggestions for someone like me that had many sacred objects!?
:seedling::feather::droplet::fire:
Jeannie

4 Likes

Hey Jeannie! I know I shared a few links in the post about cleansing tarot decks, but the advice is still the same for any object that needs cleansing.

Usually, these will need to be done in batches if you can’t cleanse them all at the same time. Of course, that will depend on how many things you need to cleanse!

I also want to mention that not everything needs to be cleansed at the same time, or as often. My previous post about cleansing tarot cards said I made a habit to cleanse them at least once a month. Now, I can’t tell you when the last time I really cleansed a deck was :sweat_smile: sometimes just a good shuffle or knock is enough to shake of the dust, so to speak, and get the cards moving again.

7 Likes

Megan,

I just don’t want to not wash them at all.

I won’t even do a reading unless I banish a all the profane and cast all negativity out. Wrap a magic circle.

I will try to do once a week cause I have so many.
Thank you :blush:

6 Likes

You’re very welcome! I’m glad I was able to help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes