šŸ¾ What is Your Spirit Animal? Take the Quiz!

So beautiful! :heart_eyes: :deer:

Iā€™m sure they love you too! :cat: :two_hearts:

(Watch out, goat! Youā€™ve got competition for Shadeweaverā€™s attention! :goat: :joy:)

Yay! Thank you for taking the quiz, Sivonnah! :dolphin: :sparkles: :blush:

9 Likes

Me too.

I felt the wolf in me for a very long time, always knew I have a connection to dogs and wolves :wolf:

11 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, Eva! It looks like you have joined the pack :wolf: :dog: Awwoooo! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for taking the quiz!

10 Likes

Awwooooo!! :wolf:

10 Likes

Another pup. :grin: yeay

10 Likes

Gosh. :joy:

Your spirit animal is aā€¦ PISCINE :whale:

The world of the piscine is deep, dark, and mysterious- but those who are able to go beneath the surface will find authenticity and peace. The world of the deep is not for the faint of heart, and like your piscine spirit animal, you are able to look past flimsy appearances and see things (and people) for what they truly are.

Those with a member of the piscine family as their spirit animal are highly intuitive and in touch with other worlds. They have a creative, colorful mind and can approach problems in flexible ways. In tune with Divine Feminine Energy and the Water Element, it is likely that you have a natural gift for healing as well :fish:

Your piscine spirit animal can be an invaluable boost for further developing your intuition, casting Water Elemental Magick, and healing spells.

All of the text, while it is a wondrous compliment, I can accept. Butā€¦ A piscine? :sweat_smile: I hope my spirit animal doesnā€™t need water because the most theyā€™re going to get around me is a bath! :joy:

Now that I think about it, I am a moon Scorpio, born under a full moon. Iā€™m probably more water aligned than I thought. :thinking:

10 Likes

Youā€™re a real animal lover! :cat: :dog: :snake: :bird: :mouse2: :fish: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Could be something fun to explore more about yourself! :grinning: :water_element: If youā€™re interested, @Cosmic_Curiosity shared a wonderful guide to finding your most prominent astrological element here: Beginner Astrology - Guide to the Elements

And @CelestiaMoon has a fun poll and discussion about the elements people relate to most: Which elements do you feel most connected with?

Not to enable going down more rabbit holes or anything, butā€¦ :wink: :handshake: :heart:

10 Likes

It was a family thing. :sweat_smile: My grandmother and uncle brought home almost every abandoned animal they could find and those that pet stores couldnā€™t sell, so we ended up with so many different animals. There were blue-tongued lizards, a bearded dragon, green tree frogs, sun conures, sulfur-crested and pink cockatoos, lorikeets, peach faces, Indian ringnecks, a goose, mice, rabbits, a Chinese silkie chicken, long-necked turtles, ducks, dogs, cats, a shark, an eel, a bunch of clownfish, a shrimp, and so on.

You can imagine the job it was to feed them all, though! And once, the rabbit peed on me right before I had to leave for school. Made me have to shower and change and miss my first class. :joy:

And then, somehow they became known for it, so people would drop animals on our doorstep. We got the two ducks because someone tossed them over our fence in a box. :cry: Poor thingsā€¦ But they had nice lives from then on. :black_heart:

Gee, Bry. How am I ever going to have a life? :roll_eyes:

Iā€™m joking. This is part of my life. :smile: Thank you for the links! :black_heart:

Edit: Oh, the element thing! I did that poll before, and chose this. :joy:

I might have to change my mind now that I know better!

11 Likes

Those animals were very blessed to find their way to your familyā€™s doorstep! :heart: I think that people who take care of animals, especially those who are hurt or abandoned and canā€™t care for themselves, are the kindest of all.

All part of the learning journey! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I do the same thing when old posts from several years ago resurface- itā€™s amazing to see how my beliefs and practice have grown and shifted over time. Weā€™re all out here living and learning, and thatā€™s an amazing thing! :heart: :handshake: :blush:

10 Likes

Same. :smile: I tend to keep everything I write, including stories. And itā€™s fun to sometimes go through them and see my personal evolution, understanding in hindsight why I chose this topic or that imagery at the time.

For example, the oldest thing I have is from 2004 and an early part of it reads like this:

Why was I there? Where was there? I did not know, but that was not a cause for concern, for the emotion that had swept over me was a strange tranquillity. It was a peaceful feeling, like that which one feels after having returned home following an absence that had been for far too long.

Home ā€“ an idea that everyone has a place to return to, where they are eagerly embraced and loved. These thoughts evoked a sense of longing within me, my heart felt heavy, my eyes gazed towards the ground.

9 Likes

I canā€™t believe I quoted those two lines and missed the next one:

Where are you? I instinctively thought. Who was it that I requested? My mind struggled with the question to which I knew I had the answer, yet could not grasp.

This one hits so differently now. :exploding_head:

10 Likes

Forgive me for drifting a bit off-point, but your writing in 2004 is more beautiful, eloquent, and pleasurable to read than all of the required books I had to read in my high school Literature class combined. Just sayinā€™ :laughing:

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again- you, my friend, have talent :clap: :writing_hand: :heart:

Youā€™ve come a long way on your path! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

These wordsā€¦ they convey so well the feeling I used to have listening to the song Hekate by Faunā€¦ itā€™s so strange, listening to songs in a language you understand some, but not fully, thereā€™s mirror surface there. Hereā€™s the image that appraredā€¦ :black_heart:

Dreaming every night of a moonlit forest, seeking to connect with her whoā€™s nowhere to be found, yet is in every shadow, the first rays of sunlight always dispersing her imageā€¦ always just out of reach, tempting me to take just one more step, to continue my endless roaming. The forest is quiet, every animal asleep, yet I alone continue my search for that which I know I should be looking for withinā€¦

10 Likes

What a beautiful painting you composed, @CelestiaMoon.

Itā€™s interesting that you mention a forest. :black_heart: Yours at night, mine in the late afternoonā€¦

To avoid confusion by trying to explain which paragraph goes where, Iā€™m just going to dump the whole thing here. :joy:

Keep in mind, I wrote this as a chapter 1 for an English class story, back in school. So itā€™s not going to be NY Times best-selling material or anything. :sweat_smile:

2004: In A Field

Picking myself up from the ground, I gazed around at my surroundings ā€“ the silver sky above, the long verdant grass, the mossy green forest off in the distance ā€“ it all seemed so serene bathed in the soft light.

Why was I there? Where was there? I did not know, but that was not a cause for concern, for the emotion that had swept over me was a strange tranquillity. It was a peaceful feeling, like that which one feels after having returned home following an absence that had been for far too long.

Home ā€“ an idea that everyone has a place to return to, where they are eagerly embraced and loved. These thoughts evoked a sense of longing within me, my heart felt heavy, my eyes gazed towards the ground.

Where are you? I instinctively thought. Who was it that I requested? My mind struggled with the question to which I knew I had the answer, yet could not grasp.

My eyes found that they could not avert themselves from an area of forest just ahead, and I wandered blindly towards it. It had a mystical feeling, much like the sense of peace I had experienced moments earlier.

A light-headed feeling overcame me as I drew nearer. Although it frightened me, I let the sensation overwhelm my body as I fell to the ground. The grass before my face still swayed gently in the wind as it began to blur, and everything faded into darkness.

ā€˜Serena!ā€™

A voice called from a distance, stirring me from my slumber. It was an unmistakably familiar voice uttering an even more recognizable name.

Of course, Serena, that name was my own, and the voice had been that my brother. He ran up and stood before me, and I wondered if we indeed were related at all ā€“ his black hair and dark brown eyes held no resemblance towards my own mahogany-coloured hair and hazel eyes.

Nevertheless, at heart, he was still my beloved older brother, and nothing could ever change that. Or so I thought at the time.

ā€˜Serena, what are you doing out here still?ā€™ He asked, genuinely concerned, and I could not help but smile. What was better than knowing that someone truly cared for you?

ā€˜Iā€™m not sure, just relaxing I suppose,ā€™ I replied as I stood once again in the long grass, realising that I still had not figured out why I had awoken in the field and why, for a moment, I could not remember a thing.

ā€˜Still thinking about the past?ā€™ More questions, but this one intrigued me. Indeed, I had often visited this location to contemplate my memories ā€“ the things I held most dearly, for without them, where was the proof of my existence?

My past, however, remained a mystery even to me. I could only recall vague memories, mainly of me with someone that looked a lot like me. Perhaps it was my sister. Did I ever have a sister? My brother said I did not, but I am quite sure that at one time, I did.

ā€˜Kind of, well, yes,ā€™ I replied, not wanting to lie.

ā€˜Do not worry so much, if it was meant to be remembered, you will remember it someday,ā€™ he tried to reassure me, and as usual, he had a good point.

Nevertheless, I was curious to know what had happened all those years ago.

ā€˜What are you doing here?ā€™ I asked.

The thought had just occurred to me, why was my brother at this place? Usually, he would have work to do, for living in such a remote area would naturally mean that we must be self-sufficient, especially after our parents died on that fateful night long ago.

Whether it was fortunate or not, my memories of that night stayed hazy. What exactly had happened and why was still unknown to me, a matter to which the truth my brother was unwilling to reveal.

ā€˜I was looking for you. Hey, youā€™re daydreaming again,ā€™ he replied and snapped me out of my trance.

True, for all too often, I would simply gaze into the distance and be lost in thought. It helped me think things through and, although I tried to be as rational as possible, my curiosity usually led me onto some reckless adventure.

ā€˜Oh,ā€™ I mumbled as I went back into my daze.

Although none of my memories were ever clear, I was sure there was something about a previous winter that held a certain degree of significance. It may have been another one of my escapades, or perhaps something more if only my memory had served me well.

ā€˜Letā€™s go,ā€™ my brother interrupted my daydream and grabbed my arm.

Okay, Iā€™m going back to the chores. :joy:

10 Likes

Itā€™s a beautiful existence, one foot in the dream reality and another just barely in this one, we can relate :smiling_face: :black_heart:

Also a name from Book of Hours came to us, Serena Blackwoodā€¦ itā€™s a lovely name :tree_of_life:

12 Likes

Your Spirit Animal is anā€¦ AVIAN :eagle:

With the open skies as their domain, members of the bird family have a freedom that few other creatures can enjoy. While trained domestic birds can adapt to live peacefully alongside humans, wild birds are masters of their own destinies :feather:

Like your avian spirit animal, you crave your own freedom. You thrive when you have control of yourself and your situation. Thereā€™s a part of you that craves the open road and clear sky- you have a natural desire to learn, explore, and become a better version of yourself :parrot:

Associated primarily with the Air Element (although some birds such as the fantastical Phoenix, are associated with Fire), avians have a connection to many of the most popular deities, including Hekate, Odin, Horus, and Zeus.

You can count on your avian spirit animal to lend you their strength during spells for cutting free from negative influences, working with the Air Element, and making wishes come true.

9 Likes

Oh hi @kimberly22! Nice to see you again! :hugs: Thatā€™s a gorgeous picture! Beautiful :heart_eyes: Another quiz I had lost in the forum :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I should take this one & see what it comes up with for me. Sometimes the connection with the elements is something I need to work on when I get the answers :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hi Susurrus,

Thank you! :blush: I took this picture when I was driving to work about a year ago. So when this popped up for my spirit animal it really connected.

I have Leo rising, so I get the fire, and the Phoenix is associated with Scorpioā€™s also. It was eye opening to see this come up again. :smiley::scorpion:

10 Likes

I love how within the image it does kind of look like a phoenix from the cloudsā€¦ so perfect image for the result of the quiz for you! Absolutely with the Leo :leo: & fire all coming together for you! :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Welcome back, @kimberly22! :heart: Iā€™m with Susurrus- that is a gorgeous picture of the sky, and I can see the fiery phoenix there in the clouds! Wow! :heart_eyes: :phoenix:

It sounds like your result resonated- thank you for giving the quiz a go! :blush:

9 Likes