What would you do

What would you do to correct a bad mistake?
You’ve been invited to a party by an aquaintance.
When you arrive at the party and you don’t know a soul
and the 'acquaintance is a no show. Worse yet, it’s a Future
Farmers of America convention. What would you do?

1. Paste on your prettiest smile and pretend everything is 
        fine? 
2. Make senseless small talk about corn and pork bellies?
3. Dive into the snacks and pray for chocolate?
    4. Go straight to the bar and order a double, after narrowly 
      escaping a date with a man named Clayton.
    5. Pull up your big girl panties. Slam the drink on the bar and 
      glare at Clayton, as you look for one of those little 
      umbrellas to stab him with.
    6. Admit that this wasn't what you signed up for, and go 
     home.

There’s no wrong answer, just an OMG! moment and finding an escape route.
Garnet

9 Likes

I’m a #4. But I wouldn’t mind if it was a FFA gathering lol!! I might not talk about corn and pork bellies, but I’d definitely engage about other interesting farm talk!! :pig2: :ear_of_rice::woman_farmer:

5 Likes

I would “go with the flow “. I might find out some interesting information :blush:.

6 Likes

Ha! As an highly sensitive introverted empath, I would probably discreetly flee asap!!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love non-violence in others.
I, personally would look for the :umbrella: to chase poor Clayton around with.
:woman_judge: :farmer:
imagemww haa haa!
Garnet

6 Likes

Have a drink, work the crowd, and probably end up in charge of something for the next meeting….

5 Likes
  1. I am down with the farmers. Sign me up
5 Likes

I’m more likely to go with #2. If I drove all that way (gas is expensive!), I might as well stay and try to make the best of things.

5 Likes

I’m #6. I’m out of there!

4 Likes

Not as many options for me since I don’t drink and chitchat gives me anxiety lol. But since they’re future farmers, I might try and find a few people with a safe vibe and ask them what their thoughts are on the future of organic and sustainable farming. And also I’d ask about what they believe to be the importance of the bees in agriculture. Because I really am interested in what’ll become of the Earth! Otherwise- I’d fly right on out!

5 Likes

Knowing me and i can’t upset people in most situations unless it is crucial, i would be at 1. I would most likely smile and be like i can’t wait for this to be over. In most cases i would most likely end up enjoying myself as i would find people to talk to. :blush:

5 Likes

#2 followed by #6. Knowing me, I’d give it a fair shot, but fail miserably at the chit-chat and just get really embarrassed.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.