What's the Weather ⛈ Where You Are?

We had snow on and off all day today. Not enough to stick really, at least not much, but enough to make things slick and the wind colder than heck. It’s supposed to snow tonight too, but no one is sure how much. I don’t think the weather people know! LOL.

It’s going to be cloudy so I don’t think the groundhog will see his shadow, so that means an early spring. Although as cold as it is, I wouldn’t come out of my burrow at all if I was him!

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm!

7 Likes

Most of the times it is always warm here but today was not only sunny :sun_with_face:but had an extra heat of warmth to it :thinking: which made me question what day it was. We also have a few scattered showers :sun_behind_rain_cloud: from my path of the island :desert_island: base on the slight change of the temperate, I know Spring is definitely here.

7 Likes

Mines was hot and sunny today after many rainy nights and cold windy days lol

7 Likes

It’s been cold here in Manitoba, warmer today though. Still lots of snow and ice and you have to be careful driving. I’m in a pretty good mood for Spring. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This was fascinating to read about- I love to see how modern happenings like Groundhog Day are influenced from earlier traditions :heart_eyes: Thank you for sharing your holiday wisdom, @MeganB!

Cloudy skies yesterday in Warsaw with a bitter cold night- it’s still cloudy today but the sun is peeking through :sun_behind_small_cloud:. I guess the weather here likes to keep us guessing :laughing:

6 Likes

Here in New York, had a blizzard over 13inches of snow.
Update: we got over 16 inches…

So I guess an early spring.! ( Nope! Doesn’t look like it! Lol)20210201_183041_HDR|666x500

8 Likes

Here, there is a huge snow storm!

6 Likes

Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words…

UPDATE: 9:11 am SUN JUST POPPED OUT!!! Broken cloud cover.

7 Likes

Seems like some people are having good weather and some are not. I thought it might be fun to divide it up and see where we are so far and maybe we can predict if Spring will come early for us here in the Northern Hemisphere!

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: Bad Weather :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:
@MeganB (rain, wind, and clouds)
@Susurrus (snow, rain, wind, and cold)
@Amethyst (snow, cloudy, and cold)
@colin (snow and ice, but warm)
@BryWisteria (cloudy and cold)
@walter (blizzard)
@christina4 (snow storm)
@berta (snow)
@Abs53 (snow)
@Kasandra (snowing)
@robin77 (Florida Cold)
@vanessa13 (rain)
Phil the Groundhog says 6 more weeks of winter!

:sunny: Good Weather :sunny:
@NickWick (sunny and hot)
@vanessa13 (sunny and hot)
@john4 (sunny and snow on the ground)
@Saulamay (hot)

Looking at this list so far, it looks like :cherry_blossom: Spring :cherry_blossom: will come early for most of us! I might make another update later when the :chipmunk: Groundhog :chipmunk: comes out so we can add his prediction to the mix. (also…I know that’s a chipmunk but there isn’t a groundhog emoji…)

7 Likes

It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. Today we still have dark clouds & wind & some rain.

6 Likes

Our rain has stopped for now – it was just that one night – but the wind is really picking up. Even though the sun is out, it is fairly cold for our part of Florida.

6 Likes

They need to fix that!!! It’s Groundhog’s Day!

5 Likes

This was last weekend… :heartpulse:

Since then its just been cold and wet. Its 9c where I am now but its dropping to 1-2c towards the end of the week - Berkshire, England :slight_smile: Sorry no idea what that is in fahrenheit though :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

@MeganB Megan, looks like we’ll be getting 6 more weeks of winter according to Phil… lol

5 Likes

It’s a beautiful sunny day in the Holy City of Toledo. It’s 27 Degrees F. Snow on the ground, streets are clear. Looking forward to the opening pitch at Hensville in a couple of months.

5 Likes

5a42bd9c98dc98caf1bced8c9e4d2296ea5081b19476ef443064eb234e92feeb

LOL well the rodent reveals… 6 more weeks…

7 Likes

It’s been snowing a lot here since Sunday. The sun finally came out today. :sun_with_face: Yay!
Think we’ve gotten at least 6-7 inches, as of this morning.

7 Likes

Lol…I feel we are gonna get a lot more snow! NY hasn’t gotten this much snow in years…

6 Likes

Beautiful! Looks so tranquil!

6 Likes

It’s “Florida Cold” today in Miami but I believe it should warm up a bit more in the next day or so. I see all the snow storms on the news however! Brrrrr!!!

7 Likes