Who knows watermelon magic?

We are harvesting a few watermelons today. I tried to remember any watermelon magic and came to a blank standstill. Does anyone else have any ideas what to do with watermelon to add to learn and add to my craft?

10 Likes

harvesting watermelons with my beautiful nephews and as a matter of fact the youngest ones name is Harvest.

8 Likes

I’m glad you’re having a fun harvest!! Looks like a perfect opportunity for some Kitchen Magic.

According to Scott Cunningham’s Wicca in the Kitchen:

• Ancient Egyptians mixed watermelon juice with wine and gave this drink to ill persons who were believed to be possessed by illness-causing demons.

• In Hawaii, a watermelon is sometimes rolled out of the house through the front door to ease the spirit of a deceased person into the next world.’

• Watermelon is sacred to the goddess Yemaya in the various manifestations of the Yoruba religion.

Magical uses: Nothing is more refreshing on a hot summer day than ice-cold watermelon. This is a healing fruit. Simply eat with visualization. Like all melons, the scent alone is also healing.

You can mix it in a Hydrating Potion or add it as an extra ingredient in a Florida water recipe.

(Also, mandatory question regarding your nephews: did you get their parent’s permission to share their picture online, since they are minors?).

PS here’s another recipe:

Stay cool!! :watermelon:

9 Likes

Yes, my brother knows I used the pic, Thank you for asking! much love

8 Likes

Happy National Watermelon Day :slight_smile: Watermelon helps reduce blood pressure. It also has lycopene which is cancer-fighting and can help with macular degeneration. That is pretty magical in my book!

9 Likes

Happy harvest @moonshadow- it looks like you have some very enthusiastic helpers in your garden! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::watermelon:

I can’t say I know much about Watermelon Magick myself (aside from the fact that I love the sound of it) but it looks like Francisco has some wonderful info and spellwork you can do! :sparkles:

Although it’s not specific to watermelon, you could consider doing a simple Food Blessing (perhaps one of these Pagan Meal/Food Blessings and Prayers) :pray:

That’s perfect that it’s National Watermelon Day, @mary25- what a great holiday, and ideal timing too! :watermelon: :tada:

8 Likes

I first have to say that your nephews are the most adorable little people ever!! And the name Harvest is beautiful! Hers a link with all the properties. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::watermelon: Magickal Properties of Watermelon

9 Likes

Aww, cute picture! I’m listening in on what watermelon is good for, I bought a mini one yesterday!

5 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for all of the insight and delicious ideas! I for sure am going to try that watermelon mint juice @Francisco … stay tuned, I will let you know when…
@BryWisteria Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge… I am truely grateful.
Thank you @christina4 ! You definitely have good eyes! Blessed be and much love to you and yours.
@Amethyst much love! I hope you heard something that you liked and was useful for your craft. blessed be.

5 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Moonshadow- wishing you all the best with your watermelon magick! Blessed be :sparkles::watermelon: :heart:

5 Likes

It was magic! It disappeared before I even could do anything with it! LOL!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.