šŸ’” Why Didn't My Spell Work? Guidance and Tips for "Failed" Spells

@Devenne Have a good day at work :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

@AIRAM wow! :astonished: Those are beautiful thankyou!!

@tracyS thankyou :kissing_heart: hope you have a lovely day too :rose:

8 Likes

I guess Iā€™m an outlier here (and in the forum in general lately) in that I do try to troubleshoot on the occasion a spell doesnā€™t work the first time. Iā€™m still learning and for me, I like to figure out what went wrong the first time. But thatā€™s just me and my practice. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

I donā€™t think youā€™re an outlier at all - troubleshooting a spell is the best way to learn why it didnā€™t work. Itā€™s how we learn and grow in our practice! I think troubleshooting spells & thinking about the variables that @BryWisteria mentions here in this post go hand in hand :heart:

6 Likes

I agree with Megan. Youā€™re not an outlier. :smile: Thereā€™s a big difference between troubleshooting and obsessing, like having anxiety over it. :black_heart:

For example, about a year ago, I stumbled upon a forum thread (elsewhere), where someone was complaining every day that they werenā€™t seeing results yet. No one could calm her down. And then, at some point, she just decided it wasnā€™t going to work and started becoming hostile toward her target instead. It was very strange. But the first part of it is sadly not as rare an occurrence as I wouldā€™ve otherwise thought had I not seen examples myself.

7 Likes

I have to agree with this 100%! But if there are no results within a reasonable amount of time, I will then go back and see if I missed something. If I did, I will redo, if I donā€™t feel I missed anything then I will assume that the deity I worked with feels it was not necessary or too harsh a request.

8 Likes

Well-said! :raised_hands: :blush:

Youā€™re very welcome, Tracy! :heart: :hugs:

So true! I know Iā€™m guilty of this, with spells and with other life things too :sweat_smile:

I think that continuing to feed positive energy into a long-term spell can be helpful, but obsessing and stressing are not going to help. It may even be determinantal to the spellwork!

Still, no matter how well I know it, sometimes I still do the magickal equivalent of ordering something online and then hoping it will be there in the mail box that same day :mailbox_with_mail: :joy:

Meme from lateshipment

Itā€™s something on my self-improvement list of things to work things. I guess the first step is acknowledgment! :muscle: :grin:

Big hugs to you, Airam! :hugs: :two_hearts:

Itā€™s my pleasure, Megan! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think thatā€™s awesome! :grinning: By going by in and reviewing the spell, you can figure out what was working and what wasnā€™t. Troubleshooting is a great way to move forward with an intention, and itā€™s also a great way to be deeper connected with your spellwork and the casting process! :magic_wand: :heart:

It sounds like you have a spellwork check process that is working well for you, Mystique- thatā€™s really great! :blush: :+1: :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Useful info here @BryWisteria . Thanks for creating this article!

9 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome, Iā€™m happy if you found it useful, @marcus1! :sparkles:

Blessed be!

7 Likes