Why i have been absent

Hi all, so usually as most of you may have seen, i am usually pretty consistent with joining the forum and in the past few weeks i haven’t been able to come on and see what is at large with the witch world (thanks @BryWisteria i love seeing these posts as well as joining conversation with others). :wink:
Any who, so it started a week before Ramadan (fasting) and although i do not regret my choices i am very very physically drained.
So what happened was i may have not mentioned my husband is a big time hoarder. It is bad we even had things we didn’t even need like spare old couches in the kids room and other things stacked to the roof in ours leaving minimal space for us to move around. I hated the situation so bad that even when i came home from shopping for example, i would say “i hate this place”. I always hoped to move but since we are in government housing it is not u to us.
Anyways moving along, one night it got to me so bad i couldn’t sleep (not new i suffer from insomnia), and i said “that’s it”, i started to move baskets out of the kids room only to get one of my bad aura migraines. So naturally i took some meds and put myself to bed vowing that by morning if i am better i would start cleaning up since hiring someone to d it was so out of the question (according o my husband), and our situation was so bad we even had roaches infesting our place especially the kitchen. Now i am a tidy person but when you cannot control the things coming in your place leaving no room it makes it hard to be motivated to do so.
So i was better by morning and started the clean up. I told myself a room a day was plenty due to the ridiculous mess. My husband had protested about it both this time and the last, but sometimes for the sake of your family it is better to do what you know is best.
I started on the kids bedroom and my god thee mould was so bad as we live in a fiber glass house everything had to be taken outside and everything from the walls to the floor needed to be thoroughly cleaned with chemicals. So the room was cleaned and all the belongings minus the extra unneeded things, and my kids were so happy they didn’t leave their room for hours.
As time went on i emptied the roomed cleaned them, laid out the Persian carpets which were previously washed and stored, and then brung back the relevant furniture.
My husband started to see where we were at and how bad it was due to him turning blind eye. It killed my physically and mentally as i carried 90% of all the heavy future outside wither to the front to be taken to the dump or out the back to be cleaned and brung back in. By the 5th day i came down with such a flu i was bed ridded i couldn’t even walk not to mention i had lost only 3kgs in that time. However after the days rest i kept at it and eventually finished making my partner mow the law as contribution the day before Ramadan.
If that wasn’t bad enough (good also i guess), as i said fasting came leaving me drained and yesterday i got another illness from my daughter where i had cold shivers, was white as a ghost, had pain all over, a headache and internal pain in my liver. Although i still have a sore throat and now my partner has his man-cold and decided not to grin and bear it like me and has been complaining (even though he didn’t believe i was in so much pain yesterday made me pick up some shoes with him and go for a 1 hour and 45 minute daily walk), i decided to give my body some rest as loosing 6 kgs in 2 weeks isn’t healthy.

So there is is the reason i was away and i hope to chat with you all more. I am so excited next Wednesday is my graduation ceremony day and i have told my partner that fasting is a big no no as i do not want to faint on stage with all the excitement, weakness and nervousness.
Hope you all have been doing well :blush:

16 Likes

Oh my! That sounds like a serious job! All that and fasting too! Take care of yourself, my dear. You’ve got Graduation to look forward to!

12 Likes

Sending you blessings, support and congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

12 Likes

Ohhh please do, my friend- it sounds like everything going on and all your hard work is really taking a toll on your poor body! You’re in my thoughts and I hope you feel much better soon :people_hugging: :heart:

Get some solid rest and regain your strength before the excitement next week- a huge congrats to you on your graduation!! Woohoo!

:mortar_board: :partying_face: :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Oh my, such a huge job. Please remember to take it easy as much as you can make yourself for a bit, yes some things really can wait, so your body can continue to heal.
I can empathize a bit with a little. My mother was a hoarder, I have scars on my back from when I decided that my children were not living like that and when nothing else worked I started throwing out pretty much everything that wasn’t absolutely needed from every room.
Anyone who hasn’t been there can never truly understand what it’s like and why you can’t just “not let it get that way” or “just keep up with the mess” or my favorite “it is not okay to live like that”
You are so not alone. I still have “I hate it here” moments. My husband isn’t as bad as my mother was but it took me years to talk him into letting me clean out all of his stash spots in every closet and cabinet and anywhere else he could hide it and it’s still a constant battle. He won’t help clean any clutter or debris because he doesn’t see that anything needs cleaning.
When I’m down for a while I literally cry when I finally make it to the living room.
I’m so happy for you that you were able to get done what you did. You should be proud of yourself. I for one am in awe of how much you did and I am very proud of you.
And Congratulations on graduation
Sending you love and support

9 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch I am sorry you have had such a bad time. Take care of yourself and congratulations on your graduation! :people_hugging:

9 Likes

Oh my, that’s a big job! :grimacing: And to do all of it on your own? I’m sorry to hear that you got sick, too. Take that rest and spend time recovering! You deserve it, ya know! :heart:

Congratulations! :tada: :clap: :partying_face:

10 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch please take care of yourself! It seems like you are going through a big shift with cleaning things out etc. I hope you find peace and rest and an energetic shift at the end of it.

Take care of yourself!

Congratulations on your graduation!!:tada::bouquet:

10 Likes

Girl Power! @TheMuslimWitch I’m so proud of you but worried you are working yourself too hard. Drink lots of water :water_element: and take care of yourself.
Congratulations on graduation! I’m very happy for you, WOOHOO!!! :+1:
:star_struck: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :heart: :rose: :rose: :rose:
:butterfly:

9 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch : I know how much of a task it is to clean when things are…well out of control. I am like that and telling myself the same thing. One room, one task at a time. You got this and hugs from this Canadian witch.

and congrats on graduating :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome back! I’ve missed you! I bet your home is feeling so fresh and spacious! Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do! Now that you have a fresh space, you can rest and enjoy your space!

9 Likes

Thank you yes can’t wait! :blush:Wish i could say the same for the kids, poor things they all caught the virus and where two are better the other two are going through the hard phase atm.
I have actually stopped looking for work right now and decided to finish the fasting then continue. I think after 3 long years of studying i don’t see the rush since i haven’t even graduated yet. Half way through fasting so not log now then there is plenty time for the future. Thank you for your kind words :blush: :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Thank you! It is much appreciated :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you i couldn’t have done it with out all your support and putting up with all my random study questions and concerns… This coven really is at the centre of my heart thank you all :blush: :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you :people_hugging: I can really get where you are coming from too. Some people just think that it is as i am lazy but they have no idea how hard it was to convince or even go against my husband’s wishes to give my kids a healthy future and environment. It took almost 14 years of me standing up and saying that is that to get it done. My partner too has changed his mindset too where he doesn’t randomly buy things he needs. He’s also a bargain hunter so anything cheap or near new and second hand he would take it regardless the space or the need for it.
I send love and light your way and my prayers are with you my dear :heart: :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Yes i was a big job but i couldn’t see any other way or any other person to help so in the end i put it on myself which i would not recommend as the after affects such as back pain linger…
Thank you i am so excited! This means so much to me since i am the first in my family of both close and relatives to pass a degree. My main intentions is to set a goal to say it is never too late even after four kids to give it a go :blush: :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Thank you and yes i have been taking it easy. Allowing myself to sleep in, not over doing anything and treating myself and family here and there… :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you! Yes girl power is a very important power if i may say so! I mean come on we grow little humans inside of us and put up with so much emotional stress… Thank you can wait to share the pics when i do graduate! :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you! Yes its just a step at a time and that is all it took. Thank you it will be so exciting also nerve racking i will have so much butterflies :butterfly: :blush:

6 Likes

Oh this is so true! It just gives everyone the motivation to keep it that way. I love seeing hubby going around with the vacuum and cleaning here and there… It makes it all worth while :blush:

6 Likes