Wild fires in Canada

Is everyone ok who’s affected by this?. It’s on the news here in U.K that air quality is dangerous in parts of Canada and the U.S due to these fires. Hoping you all ok. Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

I’m down here in WV and it’s hazy here. I can’t imagine how bad it is further north.

8 Likes

I’m near Richmond, Va and things are still pretty clear.

9 Likes

Hi @tina28, I’m Amethyst! I’m glad things are mostly clear for you, I hope it stays that way. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

9 Likes

Hi @tina28 . Welcome here. Glad it’s clear for you. Take care :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Oh dear. Stay safe. :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Thanks. It doesn’t bother me too much, just mostly allergies.

7 Likes

I’m not affected down here in Florida but I do have friends in the Northern US and Canada that are severely affected by the smoke and air quality.

You can even see on Earth Cam just how bad the air is in New York City.

9 Likes

It’s not that bad here in Maryland, but you can definitly see the smoke in the air :broom: :pray:

8 Likes

Yes, the air quality in Pennsylvania hasn’t been that great. The skies have been hazy for the last two, three weeks even though the humidity has been unusually low. NYC is even worse. I read on the news that some places are closing down at 5 P.M. because of the poor air quality.

7 Likes

I live in Northern VA. Yesterday and today have been tough. Even though I am indoors I still feel the effects, this happens to me with code orange air in the summer too. Maybe the air gets through the vents, I don’t know. We were in the maroon level this morning. My eyes sting, my throat feels raw, and I’m coughing like I have bronchitis (asthma) if I talk or move around. Last night was scary because I hit my inhaler a couple of times and it wasn’t feeling like it was doing anything. It makes me feel a little panicky when breathing gets hard and I live by myself! I changed the filters in my air cleaners and put them on max and that is helping. Since I need to have kind of a quiet day…really, to just breathe! I am going to try some of the spell work Briana and MeganB suggested today. Not going outside today!

9 Likes

@mary25 @tina28 @Amethyst Sending positive prayer energy and lots of love your way! Stay safe!

9 Likes

I am so glad :hugs: you are safe where you are, @tina28 and I just wanted to “Welcome you to the forum!” :infinite_roots:

It looks so terrible, I can’t even begin to imagine how bad it is for all the people affected in Canada! I am sending healing to everyone who is affected.
Be safe everyone! :heart: :people_hugging:

8 Likes

Thanks, Airam!

8 Likes

My friend in Philly has said it’s ok… but her son (who is in third grade) is super, super worried about it. He is masking up any time he goes anywhere. Smart kid! But I hate that he’s worried.

10 Likes

I’m in Europe at the moment but will be flying to New England tonight- it sounds like some places in the US and Canada have it really tough right now :worried:

It looks like it’s a bit better today- yesterday when I checked the AQI (Air Quality Index), some spots were dark purple :scream:

Keeping everyone in the zone in my thoughts- may the skies clear and air improve asap :pray: :heart:

11 Likes

The wildfire that was a 45min drive away from me is now under control. It started burning June 4th

My kids were concerned as teachers told them it would take only a day for the fire to get to us. They were being educated on wildfires and preparedness, which is good.

The air was horrid and yellow and orange. It was like being at a campfire but couldn’t move out of the smoke. As soon as I went outside I started coughing. It was worse for my mom who has asthma. It smelled like smoke inside the house. Thankfully we got an air purifier so the air inside was ok.

The air is better now.

Thanks for checking in @tracyS!!

9 Likes

I am in Virginia, and it is effecting us here as well. The other day I went out and I could not even breath, and I have allergies on top of it.

7 Likes

My dears, this is awful. Please all be careful. Am praying, sending energy. Feel so useless here as can’t help. Please everyone take care. It will pass soon I hope. Big hugs, blessings to you all. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

I’m in Va as well but haven’t had any problems. Please be safe…

8 Likes