🥳 Witching in the New Year

Practicing magick for the new calendar year can be a great way to kick off the year in the right mindset. The type of spell is up to you, but I find the most common spells done in the new year include attracting prosperity, new love, and kicking bad habits. So, here is your quick guide for witchcraft to ring in 2020.

Moon Phase - Waxing Crescent

On New Year’s Eve, the moon is in the waxing phase, meaning it is growing. As the moon gets larger, you may want to cast any spells or magickal workings that involve attracting things to you, making things bigger, or growing things or ideas. Since it coincides with the new year, it is the perfect astrological moment to break through the junk and create positive transformation in your life.

Here are some spells you can do for the new year during this moon phase.

Moon in Pisces

Astrologically, the moon is in Pisces for the new year. What does this mean? When the moon is in Pisces, you might find yourself daydreaming more often, as Pisces is a very whimsical and emotionally connected sign. No matter your Sun sign, we will all feel this emotion during the new year. You might also be more concerned with the wishes and fantasies that play in your mind than the reality of life around you. Your intuition may be heightened, and you may feel a longing to connect with your loved ones on a deeper level.

How does this affect the new year?

You will probably start 2020 feeling very loved and connected to the world around you. This is due to the Piscean connection with the moon and our emotional well-being. Allow your intuition to guide you during the new year, and do not hold back from the things you want. Go after them!

Numerology of 2020

2020 is a 4 Universal Year in numerology because 2 + 0 + 2 + 0 is 4. In numerology, the number 4 represents order, stability, home, peace, and practical solutions. In short, the numerological number 4 for 2020 makes this coming year the year of getting things done. 2020 is going to want you to be fully invested in your goals, allowing you to be calm, level-headed, and focused on what you want.

Your Personal Year Number

Did you know you also have a personal year number? You get this number by adding the numbers together for the month, day, and year of your birthday until you get a single digit. Now, most people have two personal year numbers in a calendar year, and this is because your personal year number changes on your birthday, not with the calendar year. I will use myself as an example.

My birthday is 11/8/1991. So I have two personal year numbers for 2019.

The first is before my birthday

11+8+2018 → 2037 → 2 + 0 + 3 + 7 → 12 → 1 + 2 → 3

The second is after my birthday

11+8+2019 → 2038 → 2 + 0 + 3 + 8 → 13 → 1 + 3 → 4

For me, my personal year number for the first part of 2020 (until my birthday) will match the Universal Year number for 2020! This means that the energy from the universal year number matched with my personal number will be intensified (yay me!).

You can calculate your personal year number and then go here to learn about your year number.

Party On

There are also many ways you can ring in the new year in a more subtle fashion. I talk about a few of them in my video below, but they include things like setting intentions in your new year’s drink, waving good-bye to 2019, and making time for loved ones. If you are going to have a party or celebrate - alone or with others - you may want to think about incorporating some of these activities in your celebration. And honestly? No one else will probably notice!

→ https://youtu.be/YR7CZGczExA

Reflection

I have talked before about how I do not like to set resolutions for the new year, but I instead set goals for the year and make plans for achieving them. You may be interested in something like a depth year, which I talk about on my podcast and YouTube channel. It basically involves delving deeper into yourself and the world around you instead of casting your net wider. For me, this means more spirituality and less consumerism.

Even if you decide that a depth year is not the right option for you, I still recommend taking some time at the end of 2019 for self-reflection. Are there things you would like to have done differently? Do you have any goals that you want to accomplish in 2020? If you have the time and resources, maybe consider taking up journaling or starting a blog of your own. I firmly believe that we cannot grow as people, as spiritual beings, unless we routinely take the time for self-reflection and self-policing.

What are your goals for the new year? Is there anything you want to leave behind? And did you calculate your personal year number?

1 Like

I loved the Numerology calculation! My number for 2020 is also 4, so yay for me too! :partying_face:

4 Personal Year

Keywords: organization, planning, work, taking care of details, concentration

Focus on: work, logical deduction, manifesting goals step by step, security, home, perseverance, commitment, patience, planning

Guard against: working too hard, not relaxing, escaping responsibilities

I will make my resolution for this coming year to finally get my own Youtube channel started! :crossed_fingers: Wish me luck!

There are some great ritual ideas in your video. I have a few superstitions for the New Year that I’ve saved over the years, but I think I’m going to write them on a separate post. Cheers!