Words to live by

Have you ever become frustrated with your mate and wanted to beat them with a pillow for their bad habits?
1. Analyzing your mate.
Think back to when you met them and they were charming and their silly habits were too cute. Often things that irritate you are the same thing you found funny and cute. The only thing that’s changed is that your mate isn’t the dashing lover anymore but became a middle-aged old fart.
Talk to them about it and if they don’t listen, hit them with a pillow & say, “Now that I have your attention.” [My mom told me to use a 2x4, but that’s considered assault today.]

1. First babies.
    *Aren’t they cute? But they are also fussy, angry, little dictators, and up most of the night crying. We survived.
    *Their tiny butts get sore. Poor Baby. But [play on words] we survived.
    *They won’t eat. I had this problem with my son and it turned out that he was “tongue-tied”[heritary]. As soon as the Doc clipped it, it was fine.
    *To circumcise or not to circumcise - I left this decision to my husband. He had been invited to a Hebrew circumcision earlier that year and it was a no-brainer, he said, NO!!! He wasn’t the one to explain why his penis was different from the other little boys. As always, we survived.
    Pooping The first few diapers, you say. "Aww, isn’t that cute? But that stage doesn’t last. You get up one morning to change them and think…: Lord have mercy, what have you been eating, P.U. But that too can be overcome with a gas mask and heavy-duty gloves. We barely survived.
    *Then there’s teething! Jeeze, enough said.
    *If they don’t like what you feed them, they either spit it out or wear it.
    *When they start feeding themselves, you need a high-power hose to clean the kitchen.
    *The phone rings and that’s when they want your full attention, the little :poop:
    *Your mother and or your mother-in-law says you’re doing everything wrong.
    Keep smiling, they’ll die eventually. This too is survivable. Barely.
    Compared to this, the rest is almost a breeze. But don’t worry, you all will survive these experiences and think it was funny when they grow up.

2. Other children
    Easy Peasy, you’ve made all the mistakes with the firstborn, these kids will be a breeze.
    Words of wisdom from an old lady
    Good luck
    Love
    Garnet.

10 Likes

This is such a call-out and it’s so true :joy:

Gosh, I love your posts, Garnet- you never fail to make me smile! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Lots of love, many blessings, and Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your mate! :heartpulse: :sparkles::grinning:

7 Likes