100th Weekly Witchy challenge #2 challenge entry ( 12. Potion Making)

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Hundredth Challenge

Challenge Entry #2( 12. Potion Making)

I’ve made many teas and salves over the years, on of my favorites is Tiger Balm

Home made Tiger Balm

Ingredients

• ¼ cup olive oil
  • 1 ½ tablespoons beeswax pastilles
  • 1 tablespoon [menthol] crystals
  • 1 TB arnica infused oil (olive oil, almond oil, or argan oil)
  • 12 drops [camphor] essential oil
  • 11 drops [peppermint] Peppermint-Essential oil
  • 9 drops [eucalyptus] e.o. - optional
  • 7 drops [clove] essential oil - optional
  • 7 drops [cinnamon] essential oil
  • Double boiler
  • 4 oz glass jar for storage

Instructions

1. Using a double boiler, melt the beeswax, menthol, and arnica infused oil until fully melted.
  2. Allow the mixture to cool for 2 minutes , then add your essential oils.
  3. Stir the mixture well then pour into your tin or jar.
  4. Allow the mixture to set and harden completely before using.
  5. Use a small amount for pain where needed.

Tips and Cautions To Read:

• IMPORTANT : Do not rub!!! Tiger Balm on open wounds, irritated, sunburned or chapped skin.** The menthol can cause further irritation.
  • Avoid getting this mixture in your eyes or mouth, so be sure to wash your hands after applying. Trust me, you don’t want to accidentally rub your eyes with this still on your hands. I learned that one the hard way!
  • Use the recommended amount of essential oils in this recipe as they are very potent and can cause burning sensations if used in excess.
    I didn’t use eucalyptus or clove, I simply do not like the smell.
    But the salve does work well on pulled muscles.
    Garnet

Thank you to Nikki for this recipe, although I did tweak it some.
@theSunshineHustle

7 Likes

Im gonna have to try this. Have u ever made your own anti itch salve? I have one and a pain away one

7 Likes

Oh this one I will be trying to make. Thank you @Garnet for posting. It’s funny as I just threw away a commercialized version as it had “expired”. At that moment I thought if there was a way to make my own. Tah dah, here it is. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

YES! Tiger Balm is a blessing! :tiger: :two_hearts: I have a tiny jar of it that I carry in my “travel apothecary”/medicine pouch I keep in my purse. Space is very limited, so that says a lot about just how much I love this stuff. It’s good for so many things!

Thank you so much for sharing your perfected recipe, Potion Master Garnet! It is really wonderful to see :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles::tiger2:

7 Likes

Let me look through my books.
Garnet

5 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs “Have u ever made your own anti itch salve?”
No, I haven’t but baking soda bathes help, even apply peppermint helps. I’m not really up on itching.
Garnet - Magickal Extraordinaire
That sounds so pretentious, doesn’t it?

6 Likes

Not if it’s a title that was bestowed upon you- earned through your hard work, natural talents, and dedication to your Craft :wink::sparkles::heart:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria
BarbyAnn

When is the next catch up?
I want it now, please

Please, please, please. }ha,ha{

Garnet

5 Likes

Lol. I have 3 salves that i make currently. One for itching (good for psoriasis, eczema, hives, mosquito bites, etc), a pain away, and capsaicin for nerve pain

6 Likes

Next Catch-Up will be challenge number #110 (every ten challenge is a chance to catch up :wink:)- we’ve got a few more weeks to go, but it is on its way and will be here before you know it! :grinning::two_hearts:

5 Likes