16 Year Old Mystery Solved

Many years ago I purchased a homemade Book of Shadows from Ebay. I had no idea where the information in this book came from. @MeganB figured it out. ](https://Solitary Witch: The Ultimate Book of Shadows for the New Generation Paperback – February 8, 2003 I ordered the book, and everything in my Book of Shadows came from this book! Finally the mystery is solved after all these years. Thank you @MeganB for your wonderful research.

13 Likes

Oh goodness, I’m glad I could help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Adding the link to the book here for those interested: Solitary Witch: The Ultimate Book of Shadows for the New Generation Paperback.

While the author, Silver Ravenwolf, is now sometimes considered problematic, I think she’s very creative and as long as her books are taken with a grain of salt, her spells are useful for inspiration and for a simple practice.

8 Likes

Congrats on solving the mystery, @Ostara! :partying_face: And great detective work, @MeganB! :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Thank you @Francisco for putting the link up. I tried, but couldn’t get it right. The book is aimed towards teenagers, but it has a lot of interesting information in it. If I find something questionable in it I know someone from Spells8 will have the answer.

7 Likes

Talk about coincidence!! I bought this book at half-price books when I was back home in College Station for my hubby’s stepmom’s funeral last month!! I have yet to crack it open. I also got The Spiral Dance: A Rebirth of the Ancient Religion of the Goddess by Starhawk (it’s been on my list for a while!).

7 Likes

I found a first edition of Spiral Dance. While i really like Spells 8 because the meditations are spoken it is nice to see some early reference material. You cannot imagine what a relief it was to find Spells8. I have loved all the meditations that have been written by Wiccan authors, but had no way of using them unless i wanted to record them myself. I am so glad my friend referred this site to me! Reading TSD has been a good refresher.

7 Likes

Its an amazing book

7 Likes

@Ostara thats one of the books my hubby found in the shed. Lol. Its a great book

5 Likes

@Amaris_Bane I love Half Price books in College Station. I used to go in there all the time when my daughters lived in Bryan. It’s pretty funny how many coincidences we have. Remember the bookmark thing? Lol!

@Mistress_Of_Herbs I’m really enjoying it!

5 Likes

Oh wow!! I believe my copy is one of the 20th-anniversary editions (it is at home while I’m at work). I’m excited to start it this weekend.

Haha, yes!! It is crazy.

5 Likes