(18/21+!) Alcohol + Intent = Potion 🍸

:exclamation: Friendly Warning: This post talks about alcohol and drinking! :exclamation:

If this material is triggering for you, please avoid this discussion. If you are under the drinking age, this content may not be suitable for you. Please respect your local laws and follow medical advice when it comes to enjoying alcoholic beverages.

Hello lovely coven! :heart:

I stumbled across this article and I just had to share:

The article is called The Drunken Green Witch: Drinkable Potions from Your Garden and is by Moody Moons.

[Picture from Moody Moons: Drunken Green Witch]

It’s worth a read, but for a brief summary, the article discusses how cocktails made with magickal intention are essentially potions :cocktail: It includes a step-by-step guide to making cocktail potions, and also discusses infusions and mixers.

During my (very brief) experience as a barista at a hostel bar, I found that I really enjoyed mixing herbs, syrups, and alcohols to make a delicious beverage. For me, it was a combination of green witchery/herbalism, kitchen witchery, spellwork and fun all in one package!

But while I loved crushing mint, dicing lemons, and swirling colorful alcohols together- the rowdy and not-so-polite customers one tends to get at an island bar in Thailand… not my cup of tea :sweat_smile:

[Sending high hopes for @haley and her new barista job- if you are working with alcoholic beverages, I pray your customers are much better behaved! :grin: ]

I only find myself making cocktails now and then- it’s certainly not a habit. But the idea of making cocktails with magick intent, and thus- turning them into a potion, hadn’t occurred to me before! I thought I would go ahead and give it a try :yum:

:lemon: Raspberry Honey Concoction :honey_pot:
[If anyone can think of a more creative title for this blend- I would love to hear your ideas! :laughing: ]

• Raspberry Vodka
  • Raspberry/Hibiscus Tea
  • Lemon
  • Honey

Hibiscus, lemon, and honey are all common ingredients used in kitchen magick for their medicinal and magickal properties. Vodka is believed to be a cleansing/purifying force.

Instructions:

1. Start by making an infusion (a juice, basically) by brewing a strong cup of raspberry/hibiscus tea.

2. As it steeps, add honey to taste. It’s important to add the honey now when it is hot- the honey doesn’t dissolve as well when it’s cold!

3. Leave in the fridge until it cools.

4. Crush lemon pulp and add to the bottom of your glass (a chilled glass is best!). Top with vodka- I prefer just a dash, but you can up to a third as per your preferred strength.

5. Top with the cooled juice infusion. As you mix, hold your intent in your mind. Consider stirring counter-clockwise to banish forces, or clockwise to draw in positive energies. You may also choose to say a chant or spell as you stir.

6. Garnish with lemon, and enjoy!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Making cocktails with medicinal ingredients and imbuing them with your intent can bring positive benefits, but please be aware that doing so does not make drinking alcoholic beverages (especially in excess) safe nor healthy. Enjoy your tasty potions, but always drink responsibly!

Have you ever made a magickal cocktail before?

• Yes, and it went well
  • Yes, but it could’ve gone better
  • No, but I’d like to try
  • No, and it’s not for me
0 voters

For anyone interested in making potions, there’s another helpful discussion about Potion-Making here.

Cheers to all you wonderful witches! As we say here in Poland, Na zdrowie! (to your health!) :beers:

Blessed Be :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

That looks so delicious :yum: I am a recovering addict but my drug of choice wasn’t alcohol. I do drink here and there. Thank you for posting a disclaimer!! That means a lot! I have to give this recipe a go!

6 Likes

This looks amazing :yum::lemon: thank you for sharing!!

My favourite cocktail is a mojito :herb:

6 Likes

Just squealed as soon as I saw this.
@BryWisteria this is amazing!!!

Maybe…
Venus’ Raspberry Concoction for Love and Protection ?

Raspberry - Venus - Love, Protection
Hibiscus - Venus/Moon - Love, Sex, Peace, Divination
Honey - Venus - Sweetening, Peace, Harmony
Lemon - Moon/Venus - Love, Protection, Happiness

I am sooooo making this tonight - what a great potion for a Friday!
Thank you for sharing!!! :heart:

I was literally thinking about this just last night! Cocktail potions! YES! I’m so excited!

I was making a passionfruit mojito and thinking “thank you mint for bringing love and prosperity” “thank you sugar for sweetening my relationships” …and then I was like what’s my Passionfruit Malibu doing? :joy: :joy: this was going so well.
I ended up saying something along the lines of “and lime probably brings happiness…? insert my usual intentions” stirred clockwise, sealed with a pentagram “so mote it be!”
Counts. :rofl:

Na Zdrowie! :heart: :tropical_drink:

10 Likes

It looks and sounds delicious, I stopped drinking though a few years ago. My feelings were that someone has to be sober if something happens and my husband drinks beer every night when he comes home from work. Something that we have been having some issues with at times. So I don’t really have any drinks anymore.

8 Likes

This happened!
First time I’ve actually written a spell down properly :blush:
You inspire me! @BryWisteria

Thank you for raspberries, bringing love and protection,
Thanks for this honey for its sweetening affection,
Thanks for hibiscus, for sex, love and peace,
Thanks for the vodka, may it purify with ease,
Thanks for the lemon, may it bring happiness and love,
Thanks for good energies, working here and above.

As I stir you together to be combined,
I keep my intention firmly in mind:
Fill me up with love and devotion
As I sip and enjoy this wonderful potion.

:heart_eyes:

11 Likes

This is awesome @BryWisteria!! Adding it to the potions menu! :cocktail: :coffee: :tea:

I also learned to make mojitos while traveling!! Here’s a cheat sheet I found once, maybe it can be put to good use:

13 Likes

Congrats on your recovery, Christina! :heart: I’m glad you liked the recipe- let me know if you give it a try! Cheers :grin:

You’re very welcome, @Abs53! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And it sounds like Francisco and @Limeberry are Mojito fans too- I haven’t had one in years, but now I’m getting a craving! :laughing:

LOVE IT!!! :heart_eyes: Ohhh you’re so right- looking at the ingredients, so many of them point to Venus! This is a perfect name- thank you! :two_hearts: Hahaha it seems we’re very in sync, @Limeberry! I can tell you’re a master potion maker already! That passionfruit mojito sounds delicious- tasty ingredients and that potent magickal intent!

Na zdrowie to you, too! :sparkling_heart: :clinking_glasses:

I think this is a very responsible plan, Krissie! Always smart to have at least one person sober just in case anything comes up :+1: The core ingredients of this blend are the tea infusion, lemon, and honey- so if you think it’s something you’d like to try, feel free to enjoy it minus the alcohol! :blush:

Hooray!!! Congrats, @LimeBerry! :confetti_ball: And ohhh such a beautiful chant it is- you’ve got a lovely way with words :grin:. Thank you for sharing this, it was a pleasure to read! I hope the drink brought your many blessings and a lot of enjoyment :two_hearts:

This is a great drink cheat sheet- thanks @Francisco! Cheers! :grin::beers:

7 Likes

Ooo… without alcohol is sounds yummy! I may just do that! Thank @BryWisteria

7 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Susurrus! Let me know how you like it if you decide to give it a try :blush:

5 Likes

I definitely will thank you so much! I hope you have a great day!

7 Likes

That seems so interesting :heart: I didn’t know about magickal cocktail. I got enthusiastic about it!

7 Likes

Really want to have a witchy cocktail night… :cocktail: :tropical_drink: :tumbler_glass:

7 Likes

Hooray! :grin: Let me know if you decide to give magickal cocktail-making a try! :cocktail:

Ohhhh that sounds like some good fun! :star_struck::tropical_drink:

7 Likes

I like to share my potions with my family. My husband doesn’t drink and my daughter is under age so for their versions I’ll use sparkling grape juice since it comes in those cool looking bottles… it makes everyone feel special. And that’s really the purpose of a potion … to feel and to make something special that helps us all set positive intentions. Just wanted to share as an option since not everyone drinks alcohol… have a blessed day!

8 Likes

I loved the sparkling juices in the fancy bottles- we had one at New Year’s every year growing up! I remember not even caring what flavor/type the juice was- it was just so cool to have the fancy bottle :champagne: :sparkles::blush:

Thank you so much for adding this in- I think it’s a great version for those who don’t/can’t drink! :heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

I second that! I do enjoy an alcoholic beverage now and then but still love the sparkling grape juices!

Also, found these at Walmart and had to try! You just add a fifth of the suggested alcohol (or whatever you want). Not thrilled about the artificial dyes but they could easily be made at home with just the herbs/fruits/flowers/spices. So far, delicious!

5 Likes

I infuse my own vodka, usually with lavender. But some people are hesitant to try it (if I’m sharing that batch and not using in rituals or on my altar). Idk why, maybe they think I’m casting a spell lol! It’s funny how some people are hesitant to try or trust something that’s all natural, well. The ingredients that are added to it are all natural, but don’t think twice about consuming stuff from the store that’s loaded with artificial ingredients. But what are you going to do? :joy:

6 Likes

What a fun find! I really love the names too- “Witch’s Brew” is such a great name for a fancy drink, that would be huge hit at Halloween parties or a Samhain celebration! :jack_o_lantern:

Lavender infused vodka!? I’d give it a try! :raising_hand_woman: :laughing:

You’re so right about people having different standards for store-bought vs. homemade. It’s one thing if you’re worried about expired ingredients or something (my nana was infamous for using old and expired food- I never trusted her cooking :sweat_smile:) but vodka? That’s one thing you never have to worry about it going bad! :joy:

I want to try making lavender vodka sometime- my partner’s family makes fruit wine every year, but I don’t think there are any vodka infusions happening! It sounds like a fun and creative activity to make something tasty :blush:

3 Likes