A bit lost whit engagement ritual

the reason why i say i am a bit lost its because i did a bit reading about wicca and some book say there is 3 initiation in wicca and some say i have to do the engageement rituel and i dont know exactly how to do it

3 Likes

@robert2 Greetings, are you talking about an engagement ritual related to wedding (hand fasting) or a self initiation ceremony?

3 Likes

a self innitiation ceremony

3 Likes

There is information about self initiation ceremony on the Spells8 site that might help you get started. I just had my own in February and did research here and online for ideas. I made a list of items I wanted to use, I found and/or created some chants and prayers to include in the ritual, and included things that brought me joy. I prepared for it for a few months before it actually occurred. But to my knowledge there is no set/specific ways it must be performed provided your intentions are strong. I hope that helps you along your path.

3 Likes

Hello Robert :wave:

There are two basic types of Wicca – Traditional and Neo.

Traditional Wicca involves initiation into a specific tradition and this is usually where degrees, or levels, are mentioned. This is when you join a coven, train under the High Priest and High Priestess, and then are initiated into specific degrees.

Neo-Wicca is outside of a specific tradition and self-initiation can be done.

Wicca: A Brief History :open_book:

4 Likes

Hi, again @robert2!

The thing is, there are as many different types of Wicca as stars in the sky. LOL. Well, maybe not that much but you get the idea. So everyone can make up their own rules on initiation. So you get some that’s a year and a day and some that’s a month and some that’s two years and they all have different rules.

That’s confusing, to be sure, but that’s the beauty of it, YOU get to choose which course you want to follow. That’s what is so great about being solitary and eclectic. You get to choose what form your magic takes, and which star you want to follow. So do what feels right to you, and it’ll all be good.

There’s a very good Wicca Self-Initiation here on Spells8 that might give you an idea of what you need to know and what to do for an initiation.

Hope this helps you some! If all I’ve done is confuse you, let me know and I’ll try to undo it! LOL. Cheers!

4 Likes

Robert, which book are you reading right now? I’m curious about what it says about the engagement ritual and self-initiation. Thanks!

4 Likes