A little Tarot tip I learned from a witch today

Today, I was shopping in a metaphysical store and while one of the workers was measuring out some herbs from me, I told her that I had a new Tarot deck and that I was new to Tarot but I didn’t feel like I was “clicking” with the experience. You know like those rare instances when you meet someone, and you just can’t seem to find common ground and it’s a littel frustrating? It kind of felt like that. She suggested introducing myself to my deck, literally! And keeping it with me during spells or putting it under my pillow while I sleep. I guessed, kind of imbuing it with energy? She said that was right. So…will give it a shot! Passing on in case this tip helps anyone else.

17 Likes

I agree, both are great ideas, I have done that with my decks as well. I would also do an interview reading with the new deck, I found a few on Pinterest, that’s how I learned one deck was going to be blunt and to the point and another was a little more whimsical. Good luck with yours. Blessed be.

10 Likes

Yes, I think the interview spread is part of the same concept of introducing yourself and allowing the deck to do the same back.

I don’t have many different decks but I feel you could also look at each card and spend some time on the details, journaling, drawing them, or just playing with them spontaneously.

The Little Red Tarot website has a spread for that: Tarot Deck Interview Spread

These are the questions it includes:

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
  2. What are your strengths as a deck?
  3. What are your limits as a deck?
  4. What are you here to teach me?
  5. How can I best learn and collaborate with you?
  6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
11 Likes

Those are great tips, @mary25- thanks for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: In addition to sleeping with the deck under your pillow and keeping it close, I also recommend spending time shuffling the deck. You can talk to it, or meditate on the card meanings- these are all wonderful ways of building up a bond with your cards :flower_playing_cards:

Enjoy your new deck, Mary! I hope you are able to connect with it more :blush::sparkles:

7 Likes

Hey Mary
I’m Garnet, from Mid Florida, gulf coast here… Originally from deep country, western N.Y.
I had a Dragon Tarot deck once, and I swear it gave me the most obscure answers. Nothing to do with the subject. I tried over and over, cleansing, blessing etc. Finally gave it to my niece who had great success with it. (I secretly called it a the little snotty tarot deck after that!"
After that I pulled out my best and favorite cards: Nefertiti deck and she told my brother about an opportunity for a new business venture. He and his son still run a landscaping, snowplowing business, 22 years and counting! Only now it’s his son and his sons son running it. Sometimes it’s the deck and sometimes you. By the time I adopted the deck out, it knew I didn’t like it and it didn’t like me.

7 Likes

Thank you…I’ll be saving this :grin:

5 Likes

So, I cleansed my deck and decided to start over because the answers weren’t resonating…
I had to show you this!!! This is from the post with the spread you shared…

For number:

1. keeping secrets
  2. scattered energy/frustration…I mean look at the deck I have :laughing:
  3. hard work/ productivity
  4. control, willpower, success, action
  5. responsibility, hard work, achievement
  6. teamwork, collaboration, learning …:exploding_head:

What??? I’m totally mind blown!! :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

5 Likes

Hello,

I’ll keep that information in mind @Garnet , once I’m finally out of the broom closet and can find a deck for myself, if not I’ll attempt Palmistry (certain Babaylans students and elders also specialized in that area). Thank you for the information,

Blessed Be,
Margaret

3 Likes

Jeez they want you to be a saint?