A post about nothing

Did you ever wonder why we have nightmares, or bad dreams? Is it a remembered experience from another life? Or something from your childhood. Think about it.
I watched TV a lot as a child and often dreamed about what I watched. I had a recurring dreams (still do at times) about snakes, shudder… I also dreamed about volcanoes erupting. To this day I’m afraid of snakes and volcanoes.

We’re taught in the USA to strive for success, to be somebody. That’s a fact. But it’s really a matter of perception, isn’t it? What must you do to be considered successful?

My dad wanted to do so much more that he did. His brother signed him out of school in the 8th grade. From there he bounced from job to job.
Unfortunately he saw something he wasn’t’ supposed to see (Brooklyn, N.Y. in the 1930’s was a dangerous place)and was under a death threat from gangsters. So he was sent to live with his aunt in a small town in W.N.Y. That’s where he met my mom. He adored her from first sight. She was 15 and he was19, both kids really. Ah, romance…
3 years later they married and together for half a century.
He had health issues and because of his education, he could only get blue collar, labor intensive jobs. He raised 3 children and taught them right from wrong. He was very strict but he also encouraged them to succeed. Work hard and become somebody. In the end, the thought himself a failure & died a sad, defeated man. He was wonderful, kind, helpful and had a big heart. To me he wasn’t anywhere near a failure.
Sounds like a story, doesn’t it? But it’s true. He said to me more than once, that seeing that murder saved his life in many ways. What a crossroad to be confronted with. Perception can be a beast, can’t it?
Forgive me for rambling today, just reminiscing.
Blessed be
Garnet

11 Likes

@Garnet
Thanks for sharing your memories of your dad. He lived a very interesting life I’m sure and I enjoyed reading it.
Much love :heart:

10 Likes

I enjoy reading whatever you write; you have a way with words @Garnet. :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Oh please, ramble more. Ild like to hear more about him. Who taught or he reflected to work hard and keep his family together?

7 Likes

Yes! :blush: I am constantly fascinated by dreams (and their not-so-nice dancing partner nightmares). I’ve changed my views around dreams a lot throughout my practice, and I no longer believe that my personal dreams are prophetic nor good materials to use in my divinations.

That being said, the world of dream magick, lucid dreaming, and more is still wide open and oh so exciting to explore! :star_struck: :milky_way: I always love reading posts about dreams in the forum :heart:

I can’t say it better than the lovely Mistella here already put it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for sharing, Garnet! :raised_hands:

7 Likes

Sounds like the most beautiful and inspiring story
Thanks @Garnet for sharing this with us

6 Likes

Your father doesn’t sound like a failure. It’s a shame how in the USA we tend to measure someone’s success based on their job and how much money they make.
One of the lyrics to the song Blink by Revive is, “When it’s all said and done, no remembers how far we have run; the only thing that matters is how we have loved”.
Truer words have never been said.

6 Likes

Evil Greed has infested our country and world and it is horrible! It is getting worse as time passes. @Garnet I think your Dad was a success! In those days just staying alive was a success! and still today in some places I would consider staying alive being successful.

I think success in life is doing what you want to do with your life. If you’re working a job you hate then that is not success. You have to be brave and find a new job . I always wanted to be a mom and that only pays with love, and my sons pay me well LOL so I consider that success!
My career life tho, I don’t have one yet :face_with_peeking_eye: :grimacing: :thinking: :star_struck: :money_mouth_face: :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :heavy_heart_exclamation: Maybe when my youngest graduates in 2 years I will get a career of some kind. I just can’t figure out what I want to be when I grow up!? LOL I like gift wrapping and maybe working at a rock/crystal store :heart: :heart: :heart:

Oh yeah and dreams! @BryWisteria I had one about a week or so ago that has been on my mind a lot, maybe you can decipher it?
I dreamed I was talking with 4 ghosts and it was like I knew them and talked to them often and I could see them. I wanted to prove to someone that ghosts exist so I took them somewhere to see someone, I don’t know who it was I wanted to prove the existence of them to, so then I was somewhere else with the 4 ghosts.

I don’t recognize where we are. The ghosts become very hard for me to see but I can still see them somewhat. The person/people I wanted to have seen the ghosts couldn’t see them of course.
The weirdest thing was that the :ghost:ghosts were all wearing sheets over their heads like halloween costumes, It was strange. I wish I could remember more details.
:butterfly:

7 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage

I think your Dad was a success!

Yes, he was, a success and my hero. But it was long ago and times have changed with each generation. What was acceptable in 1960 is terrible now, but it was acceptable then. The thing is, he thought he had to be perfect in order to succeed.
That’s a fine thought, as long as one knows that one cannot be perfect. Its a subsequent impossibility.
Love comes and goes my darling…
Pay it foreword, so it goes in the right direction.
Garnet

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.