A spellbinding portrait of paganism (Video)

Found a neat video on YouTube! I thought id share this short documentary the link is down below! :blush::crystal_ball:

"With a fascinating filmography dedicated to subcultures and belief systems, American director Iqbal Ahmed saw this film project as an opportunity to immerse himself in alternative spiritual practices based in ecology, polytheism and Celtic traditions. Ahmed’s Pagans is the culmination of two years of research and reach-outs to a cross-generational community of Southern Californian witches, druids, wizards, sacred drummers and Christo-pagans. "

A spellbinding portrait of paganism

5 Likes

Fantastic! It actually felt spellbinding as I was watching it.

That was very powerful and really well made. I really liked how intimate and personal it feels, and that really resonates with the freedom of being a solitary practitioner. I’m thinking of making a video of my own and opening up more about my personal path.

Thanks for sharing! You always find the best things Marissa! :clap::clap:

2 Likes

Oh, this video made my heart ache with a sense of…something I can’t place. I think maybe envy? I don’t have a community like this where I live. I don’t have anything close to this, and I think the freedom to be yourself around a group of like minded people is something that a lot of us crave. I think that might be part of the reason I started my podcast and then branched out into YouTube - to be part of something bigger than myself.

Thank you, Marissa, for sharing this. It was a beautiful video and a lovely testament to what paganism is about.

2 Likes