A Weird Dream šŸ

Hey there lovely friends! I have been a little annoyed and upset regarding a certain issue since yesterday. Actually, I saw a very weird dream! Although I pretty much know what it could mean, I still need some solid answers. At least a little help in digging in! I was woken up by this bad dreamā€¦in the early morning period, when I tried to recollect all that I saw - There was a huge, thick and long, black viper snake in my houseā€¦it was constantly trying to attack me as I was dodging its bites but at the end I did end up with lots of them on my left forearm! It did sting, but I also managed to kill the venomous snake by spraying water at its faceā€¦it felt bad to kill it even in the dream, as it went limp. But, I knew I had no option! It would have killed me or worse, someone I love from my family! So I did it thatā€™s all! I actually understand that this evil looking snake might have been my own fears or bad habits etc. But can I get a little more insight on this whole nightmare? Thanks a lot! Love you all! :smiling_face:

8 Likes

I hope you donā€™t mind but I moved your post to Q&A and added some tags :blush:

I donā€™t know too much about vipers specifically, but I do know that snakes generally symbolize transformation and, as you said, fears. I think if you already have a general idea of what this dream means for you then thatā€™s what I would go with.

In dreams, snakes can be primal, sexual creatures, but also oppressors. They can, in venomous snakes, represent death by stealth. They can, however, also mean rebirth through the shedding of oneā€™s skin or relate to health and spiritual problems. And according to Freud, they may even represent the phallus. It is interesting, however, how such meanings share significance in some areas and diverge in others across religions.

Seeing your land filled with snakes can indicate thereā€™s a plentiful harvest on the way, according to Islamic dream interpreter Ibn Sirin, while a similar dream for a member of the Jewish faith could be a sign that a person is surrounded by enemies. If a Hindu dreams of killing a snake, he can expect misfortune, while the reverse could be true for a member of the Abrahamic faiths.

Dreams.co.uk - What do Dreams About Snakes Mean?

This website has some interesting information about the cultural significance of snake dreams ā€“ and it goes into more detail, too! I think thatā€™s a great place to start looking for deeper answers.

You might even found our dream message interpretation tarot spread helpful :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you so much @MeganB and why in the world would I mind my dear!? Instead, I must thank youā€¦for moving it in a proper & more appropriate category! :kissing_heart: As for the dreamā€¦I guess you are actually right, this is something related to transformation! Leaving behind negative vibrations. And of course I am checking out this website but I really feel pulled to do this Tarot reading spread for dream interpretations! Thank you sooo much for taking time and helping me dearest Megan! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for the scary dream, it certainly sounds like a terrifying one to experience! I hope any lingering stress from the dream has calmed down now and that you are feeling okay :pray::heart:

@MeganB is a master when it comes to snakes and she shared some really awesome advice- I donā€™t have much to add to that on the dream interpretation side of things, but I do want to make a quick comment about one aspect of the dream:

I believe that we can get very close to our true, authentic selves within our dreams. This moment, regardless of what the snake does or doesnā€™t mean, shows your loving and kind heart- that, even in danger, you valued and respected the life of another. And that you would do anything to protect those you treasure.

This is something really special that goes beyond the world of the dream- youā€™ve got a heart of gold, @Solasta_Amore! :yellow_heart: :sparkles:

Wishing you all the best as you work through the dream meaning and decide how to move forward from here. Much love and blessed be!

3 Likes

You know these words mean more to me than you can ever imagine!!! :face_holding_back_tears: people have always considered me so unimportant maybe because I am soo emotional, that I canā€™t help but canā€™t believe that they too love me back as I do. Whatever happens I always think that - no no, how can I be a lovable person? And then, you are saying such things that makes me want to bawl my eyes out! I dunno if I would ever get this type of love from my dear onesā€¦(obviously except my love - spells8 coven witches!) Thank you Bry, really! All I can do is just thank youā€¦if you would have been near my location I would have gifted you with all my affection and warm hugs and gifts for being soo soo loving!! :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :hugs: :gift_heart: YOU are a blessing, my dear! May you always be happy and have all the best things in life! Blessed be! So Mote It Be! :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome! :heart: Iā€™m really happy to help you figure this out.

This sounds like a wonderful goal to have and it seems like your authentic self is ready and willing to make this a reality!

3 Likes

I am so, so sorry that youā€™ve felt that way- I can assure 100% that that is not true. Because even with physical distance between us, I can feel the light and love radiating off you- youā€™re beacon of positive energy, Smriti! And that kind of energy canā€™t help but attract more of the same :sun_with_face: :heart:

Awwww you are so sweet! How about virtual hugs? Are those okay? If so, know that I am sending you a bunch right now- big warm hugs coming your way! :hugs: :heart:

So much love and blessings to you, my friend- please remember that you are loved very much! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

What can I say?? @BryWisteria I LOVE YOUUUU! And guess what?? Today my day was incredibly normal :smile: yet incredible!! I suppose itā€™s a big ball of all the loving energies I am getting here at my dear beloved coven! Andā€¦specially you, my personal fairy! :wink: :woman_fairy:t2: I donā€™t know where I would have been without you ALL! May you all stay happy with the glow of the continuous flow of Love into your lives, forevermore! So Mote It Be! :face_holding_back_tears: :pentagram: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Same to you, my friend- wishing many blessings and much happiness to you too! May there be many more wonderful days ahead of you :blush::heart::people_hugging: :sparkles:

So mote it be! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Sending you lots of love @Solasta_Amore, Iā€™ve been thinking of your dream! :heart: Working with Lilith and shadow work (spiritual alchemy), Iā€™m quite familiar with snakes. Besides the transformation / rebirth aspect through shedding of their skin thereā€™s also the venom many snakes are known for. As early alchemists found out, the cure to the snake venom lies in the venom itself, and that many poisons applied in a conscious way can actually be medicine. Spiritual alchemy abstracts the poison as something that can hurt our feelings. Often there lies a lesson in having our feelings hurt, if we can stay open and conscious instead of contracting and lashing out.

You killed the snake with water in the dream, feeling you needed to defend yourself and your loved ones. Water symbolizes emotions, and you had a strong emotional reaction against the snake that subdued it. I canā€™t judge if it was necessary for you at this point in your life, only you can do that. But in the dream reality (and some believe in our daytime reality too), we are often told that every character represents some part of us, even the ones that seem offensive. Thatā€™s a hard pill in shadow work for most of us to swallow, accepting that we all have the same darkness inside us we see out in the world and shy away from. That the snake appeared big, black and intimidating gives me a strong feeling of something unconscious.

Snakes are often associated with the dark feminine :black_heart: :snake: The snake in the paradise offering sweet innocent Eve the forbidden fruit and all that. Lilith, Kali, Hecate and the Morrigan for example are considered dark feminine goddesses. They all embody qualities that our society has tried to repress in women, from speaking your truth, to being fierce warriors and powerful witches, to free sexual expression. Maybe that could be a helpful archetype for you to explore.

I like how you didnā€™t want to kill the snake, and I believe that eventually you donā€™t have to. I feel that you have a good heart and a strong will :sparkling_heart: I believe we can make peace with our monsters, and in time theyā€™ll either leave us alone or become our strongest guardians :smirk_cat: :shield:

Blessed be, and sweet dreams~ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! @CelestiaMoon you nailed everything here! I must say, in dark and shadow work, I very comfortably share the exact same thoughts and opinions that you have dear!! And I do this with iron faith. I believe whatever you said regarding the dark feminine, is more than trueā€¦itā€™s REAL. Apart from goodness uncovered and sheer light in the main characters, I Love to read novels that have heroines with such darkly-lit characters too! I absolutely agree with what you have said here,

It is sooo freaking RIGHT!! Why didnā€™t I think soo deeply!? You ARE a NATURAL! Actually, I guess you really HAVE nailed the interpretation! I do feel like some dark things have been snaking into my life since I was a teen, and moreoverā€¦I had been very repulsive in my past! Now, I am not repulsive at all, just completely understanding and loving towards the dark too. But if this dream occurred, then it does mean that I might have been avoiding my shadows somewhere subconsciously, ryt? Yes maybe, it seems like that! Also,

this too is my language you are speaking love! Now, I speak my truth freely, I am at war with myself and the world constantly and openly! Hahaā€¦I wish to be a real and powerful witch so I could help others in their lives! And I have absolutely no objection on free sexual expression! Why should I haveā€¦or any one should?? After all, this whole process must be known everywhere as Sacred Energy Exchange! One, that is the fruit of pure Love! And I personally, would never judge on this!

Woww! I would loveeee them to be my strongest guardians instead of abandoning them!! They too need love! I am surely ready to give mine! Thank you for this wonderful explanation, I owe you, seriously! Love & Light to you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkles:

2 Likes

Oh wow, I had such a strong feeling of this and you, and was it absolutely the right one! Love you my sister, I can feel our hearts beating as one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So much this! This is why Iā€™m on a path to becoming a tantric life coach, to teach the world sacred and conscious exchange of sexual (life) energy! :heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.