Acacia Gum/Acacia Tree

Bontical
Folk Names Cape Gum< Egyptian Thorn,
Gender Masculine
Planet- Sun
Element Air
Dieties- Osiris , Astart, Ishtar, Diana, Ra
Powers- Protection Powers
Ritual Uses -The wood is used as fuel in sacred fires in India, and is also used inbuilding temples.
Magical Uses - A sprig of the tree placed over the bed wards of evil, as it does when tucked into a turban in Eastern Countries.
When the wood is burned with sandlewood the psychic powers are stimulated.
Acacia is also used in money and love spells, although in the latter case the outcome would be a platonic love.

Medicinal uses for the PlantMedicinal uses for the Plant
The complete book of incense oils and brews by Scott Cunningham.
I am interested in learning more and so I search what this means in the book. I went to utube search and typed in acacia gum [Alland & Robert - Sourcing and supply chain in Africa - YouTube]
Myth of Acacia trees
https://youtu.be/JkcckREOE_w
Blessed be!

8 Likes

Oh thank you! I’ve been wondering about different herbs and gums, etc. I have so many and I haven’t bothered looking up correspondences. I should do that soon. Lol it’s bc the spells that I do or have done don’t call for any of the herbs that I have. I can’t pronounce some of them :joy:

6 Likes

This is amazing thank you :heart::heart:

4 Likes

Your welcome, I have some but I tried to use it and let’s just say it wasn’t mixing very good!
It just takes trial and trot to learn.
Jeannie

3 Likes

Thank you for the share @Jeannie1

2 Likes

Your welcome,
Also
Folk Names Cape Gum< Egyptian Thorn,
Gender Masculine
Planet- Sun
Element Air
Dieties- Osiris , Astart, Ishtar, Diana, Ra
Powers- Protection Powers
Ritual Uses -The wood is used as fuel in sacred fires in India, and is also used inbuilding temples.
Magical Uses - A sprig of the tree placed over the bed wards of evil, as it does when tucked into a turban in Eastern Countries.
When the wood is burned with sandlewood the psychic powers are stimulated.
Acacia is also used in money and love spells, although in the latter case the outcome would be a platonic love.
Blessed be!

2 Likes

I haven’t worked much with gums or saps (with the exception of Amber and good old maple syrup :laughing: :pancakes:) so this was a delight to learn about! :heart:

Thanks so much for sharing this find and your wisdom, @Jeannie1! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

There’s a thing I’ve learned about gums, they don’t mix well with water, but they mix with alcohol! Glycerol (glycerin) is a good one, especially for anything that goes on the skin. 5% is a good maximum for glycerol, if you don’t want to leave a sticky film on the skin. Or just use as much as it takes to dissolve all the gum, then slowly add the glycerol-gum solution to your potion while mixing.

Acacia gum and glycerol is an excellent mixture for binding essential oils to water too. Other gums like xanthan or guar tend to make the potion thicker (excellent for making slime! :grin:) but acacia is a special case.

For edible potions, glycerol is not toxic but I hear it tastes terrible… :laughing: You might try vodka instead if you can drink alcohol (I can’t, so I haven’t experimented with that). Another option is to use an electric mixer.

Hope this helps, and thank you for the correspondences! :heart:

4 Likes

That is some wonderful wisdom about working with gums- you are a true potion master, @CelestiaMoon! :clap::heart_eyes: It seems like gums can be a good thickening agent and/or binding agent depending on the concoction :+1: Thanks for these helpful tips! :heart:

3 Likes