Acquiring a Tarot desk

I’ve wanted to getting a tarot desk for a while and I’ve been thinking about just going out and buying one… But it doesn’t feel right.
I’ve heard lots of people on both sides of the argument about buying yourself one. I’m not sure what to do about it…

Here’s a picture of my friend for tax:

6 Likes

Hey there Torista :wave:t3: I’m assuming you mean a tarot deck, correct?

In any case, there is nothing wrong with buying your own deck if you want! It’s actually a common tarot misconception that you have to be gifted your first tarot deck. There’s all sorts of reasons why someone might have to buy their own deck!

I say if you want a tarot deck find one that you connect with and buy it! If you’re just learning tarot, I do recommend getting a Rider Waite Smith deck, or one like it, because that’s the foundational imagery that most other decks are based on :blush:

8 Likes

Beautiful tax there @Torista! LOL!

I’d go through some walkthroughs on YouTube before committing to a deck, you can see what they look like and see how they work for someone. But certainly, buy your own deck. It took me a couple of tries before I found one that I’m comfortable with.

6 Likes

Hahaha! @Torista I love your tax//friend - That face is charming!
I have no advice to add not already mentioned above, I just wanted to send kisses to your familiar there :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you. She’s more like a spirit guide now though as she passed about 5 years ago; but I frequently feel her comforting presence so I feel she still has much to teach me.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.