Aphantasia can’t see with mind’s eye

I’m sorry that you may have this, it must be difficult for multiple reasons. I’m happy they were able to give you resources for more information about it. There was a time I thought I had it, but turned out I had just needed to work on some other things first to be able to visualize things. I wish there was more I could offer to help. :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Lovely Megan, you always make me smile.

5 Likes

@flowing
Are you sure you’re not just overthinking things? Think of it this way: Even daydreaming is a basic form of visualization.
Just saying. I don’t know anything about aphantasia.

4 Likes

I am so sorry for you. Has it been like this as long as you can remember?

5 Likes

Yes, and I have had people tell me I wasn’t trying hard enough. What is weird is that I have never had a nightmare.

6 Likes

No. Even when I go to sleep, I don’t see ‘pictures’.

6 Likes

Yes, they were a great read. I have had this problem for years. I know what could be causing it. The problem is, I am an open book because I was taught to talk about what happened in the past. (I know where and when-this isn’t the place).

Even as a child I couldn’t ‘see pictures’ when I closed my eyes. Well, the good thing is that I have never had a nightmare.

5 Likes

I don’t even daydream.

3 Likes

My issue stems from the past, I really had to work at it. Guided meditations helped a lot I started at 3 -5 minutes then gradually they got longer. I can’t see anything clearly, but if I start to think about smells, feelings, a get a fuzzy picture, sometimes clear but even when they say “you are …” it’s like I can make out a person, from behind, & I can’t tell what they are wearing.

I don’t daydream anymore either unless you consider dissociation a form of daydreaming :thinking:

If you ever have posts of a more personal nature about the past, present, future… feel free to use the A Sacred Space category, only logged-in, active members can see/interact with that category. Everyone here is very friendly, helpful, & supportive of each other.

4 Likes

@flowing

I’m so sorry. I just can’t imagine closing my eyes and seeing nothing.

However, don’t loose heart. One can still do witchcraft without the visualization. One can still erect a temple or circle with physical gestures. Do the triple casting using the physical methods like salt and water.

As for spells? It’s the intent. Concentrating on what you want and the outcome you desire while using your tools. For you the tools will be important.

So, once again.
Merry meet, flowing. Welcome to our group/coven.
Blessed be your journey to your path.

5 Likes

@Franklin thank you for your heartfelt response!

Honestly, I had commented on a post about only seeing black when closed my eyes & for meditations. The original poster kind of sparked the question, so maybe read through this topic for suggestions too. It goes through what my struggles started as, but through different shadow, inner child, book of mirrors, mine is based on trauma from childhood through my early 20s,

Meditation Goals - Discusses Aphantasia

4 Likes

I am really sorry to hear it. I am glad you here – this is a good group. by the way, I have prosagpanosa (face blindness) it is not nearly as life-altering as what you have and it is not terribly severe. I get lost because I do not recognize places and familiar routes, even going to the grocery store can feel strange. I have to “work” at recognizing people, even family members. They always look a little unfamilar to me and “new,” even my own child, sometimes. I was terrified when I had my baby because I knew if they took him away in the hospital, I wouldn’t recognize when they brought him back, but my sister helped me. I still didn’t believe it was my baby!

5 Likes

So sorry, Sweet girl, I was in no way correcting your spelling. It was my spell check, rude, rude program!
Much love
Garnet Beloved buy the Muses

4 Likes

Thank you. I am really into using herbs for my spells. I truly believe in intent, as a LMT intent has helped a lot

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: yes so offended :laughing::laughing::grin::grin: I am bad a spelling, you are fine

4 Likes

Just watch a marathon of Final Destination before going to bed and you’ll fix that :laughing: :rofl: No, but seriously that’s amazing. I hate nightmares they ruin my sleep!

5 Likes

I have never had a nightmare either :thinking:

Or I dont remember rver having 1🧐

I have had dreams that were so vivid it was like real life & when I wake up it’s hard to believe it was a dream.

4 Likes

I’ve had what they call ‘night terrors’ since I was a small child. It’s hereditary and it’s terrible, you wake suddenly, short of breath and with intense feeling of terror.
Garnet

5 Likes

My husband has very vivid dreams and has ‘acted them out’ while sleeping.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.