Altars in a jar

You have been one busy bee! They are so creative :heart_eyes: I love them, they are gorgeous :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

As you are :rose:

7 Likes

Awe :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :heart_eyes: shucks :nerd_face: thankyou boo

7 Likes

@suzanne7 What a great idea! This is perfect for someone like me who doesn’t have space for a full altar! Thank you so much :heartbeat: :heartpulse:

11 Likes

You look so much like someone i used to know that i had to take a second look :laughing: Lovely space though

7 Likes

Your Sabbat altar jars are amazing, @suzanne7- what an awesome idea! It’s like you’ve managed to pull the magick and atmosphere of the whole season to keep in a jar. Now you have the joy of each season right there whenever you want to experience it :heart: :blush:

I couldn’t possibly pick a favorite when they’re all so cute, but that maypole! Ahhh! :heart_eyes: That is such a fun idea to put a mini maypole in the Beltane jar- I love it! :sparkles:

Thank you for sharing and blessed early-Imbolc, Suzanne! :raised_hands: :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing! As a traveling person, I like to have things that are quick to set up and move around. Blessed be!

11 Likes

I finally finished the Ancestor altar jar to go with Samhain.

We needed graveyard dirt so Sunny and I made a special trip to the Lubbock Cemetery. The Cemetery has been here since 1892, is the 3rd largest cemetery in Texas and contains over 60K graves including Buddy Holly and Mac Davis.

Way in the back, we walked around and we found a lovely double headstone of a married couple who appeared to have been married young (he was born in the late 20’s and she in the early 30’s), probably got married before he deployed to World War II (his side was marked with WW II veteran). She passed in 2010 and he followed about 18 months later. We imagined them as walking together holding hands, passing little kisses on the cheek when saying good morning, and that they had a long wonderful life full of love and family.

We cleaned up around their headstone and placed 2 sprays of large sunflowers on each side of the headstone as our gift to them. Thanked them for the gift of the dirt and got in the car and left.

As we were driving out we saw these 2 gorgeous blue jays hopping around under a juniper tree foraging the berries and Sunny says “Nana, I think that is them, they are thanking us with their presence”. I teared up, Sunny is such a sweet soul. I told her yes, and this makes the graveyard dirt even more special.

All of these were so much fun to create but this one is the most special of all of them, not just because it is honoring my Mother and my Grandmother whom I miss terribly but that it created a four generation beautiful memory for my family and I hope my Granddaughter will share it with her children one day.

Blessed Be!

8 Likes

@suzanne7 I think they’re gorgeous :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Beautiful ancestor jar, @suzanne7! It sounds like it is full of love, respect, and warm memories of loved ones who have passed over :pray: :jar::sparkles:

A really lovely thought! So mote it be :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@suzanne7 That’s gorgeous :heart::blush:

6 Likes