Altars! Love to see yours!

I got my incense matches! Although the match only burns/smokes about 10 seconds, it leaves a light lasting fragrance for about a day. I’d give it a 9 on my, I like this! scale

7 Likes

Thank you for a great idea. My apologies for not replying sooner (don’t like feeling like I’m rude) but work-life has taken over and will be for the next month or so. I can’t believe how quickly you can be sucked down the rabbit-hole of work-life :smiley: - “where’s the brake pedal” :rofl:

10 Likes

Iris, I keep repeating the mantra, ‘coveting is a sin’. But you have almost an embarrassment of riches on your Altar.
Sigh…good for you xoxox

6 Likes

I just moved all of my stuff into my shed. It would only let me share one picture. So I shared my storage table (my alter has only a few ingredients for an extended ritual).

It’s only halfway done but it’s definitely an upgrade from almost everything being in boxes. It feels so freeing and invigorating to have a space that my practice deserves. Love and Light

20 Likes

What a great idea! And it looks so nice! I love the shelves you have and that little box in front of it. Very beautiful!

7 Likes

My Beltane altar was intended to be temporary, the space in the kitchen having been set aside for something else.

But I liked the idea of an altar space more permanently on display downstairs. So I’ve cleared some space on my bookshelves and moved the Beltane altar to be updated throughout the year…

18 Likes

Oh, Miss Heather, it’s so pretty. Love to see it when your work in progress…progresses. As for your “Space?” You go girl!

6 Likes

I like the idea of using shelves, it opens doors for entire shelf themes.
I have dragons, angels, then my main altar. OH, and stones…and spheres…and stone…you get the idea.
When my legs are strong enough to get up the stairs to my “She Shed.” I shall unbox all my treasures. Rich calls it ‘my junk’.
In my head, I call him a barbarian.

7 Likes

Beautiful! I’m still really impressed by your little maypole. What are those purple flowers in front of it?

7 Likes

I kept them from my last bunch of mixed cut flowers. Wasn’t certain so had to Google it but I believe they’re China Asters. At the end of their display life so I cut off the heads yesterday to decorate for Beltane, rest had to go when I relocated the altar but kept this one. May try drying it in my airfryer which has a setting for dehydrating fruit…

7 Likes

Well it’s a pretty flower no matter where you got it from. I hope drying it in the airfryer works for you!

6 Likes

Seems to have worked. I pulled the others from the recycling and popped them in too. They’ve had three hours, I’ll decide in the morning if they need more, or may just put them in the airing cupboard.

I’ve not dried flowers before so it’s a bit of an experiment!

6 Likes

Since the last time I posted, my altar has grown & changed so much! This is the current happenings on mine! A lot different than the first time I posted.

20 Likes

Sweet. That lovely cloth is even prettier as an altar cloth. Nice, nice, nice.
there isn’t a thing on your altar that I don’t love!

6 Likes

Oh thank you so much! I’m so OCD that everything has it’s place & it takes forever for me to find a home for some things. Just having it set up makes me happy, I don’t even have to do anything to with it. Lol :rofl:

6 Likes

Here is an altar I setup when I recently had an online Dedication ritual. A Wiccan group was doing the online Dedication ritual for me and one other member of the group. It was a really powerful ritual, felt it intensely! Alot of deities I work with wanted to be on my altar. Somehow (not sure how I managed it) I got them all on the altar!

20 Likes

Oh, Mr. V. Your carvings are exquisite and did you make the crystal blessed wand…very nice.
The elements are a clever idea, especially with the clear spirit glass in the center. You certainly covered all the bases.
Garnet
th

9 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: those statues are beautiful :heart_eyes: did you make them? :heart:

7 Likes

@Garnet admittedly I didn’t carve anything. All the wooden deity statues I own I bought from various deity statue carvers from Etsy.com. I also got my wand and athame there too, as well as the elemental candle holders, and my pentacle! Etsy is an amazing source for incredible unique Pagan ritual tools and items.

9 Likes

Thanks @Liisa! All the wooden ones I bought on Etsy! I also bought the Lalita statue on Amazon, and got the Buddha statue from a shop in Chicago.

7 Likes